Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

Because they couldn’t unload them again!

Crikey! So they send the logs from Carlisle down to Chirk and then back again to Carlisle...? Must be one for the 'prototype for everything thread'

Suppose it makes it easy when modelling the trains when you can run them loaded with logs both ways without having to remove the loads in the fiddle yard :)

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Was hoping you would be on today’s logs Jim on my day off oh well,60047 clitheroe just before horrocksford jn,then GBrf 66710 clitheroe castle cement to mossend.I am going to have to invest in a decent camera,i phone doesn’t cut it.

That looks like the goods shed at Chatburn beyond 60047......... and the Station Pendle Hotel behind 66710

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2

Not me today, on it tomorrow though

Nowt wrong with iPhone cameras 99% of the pics on this thread are iPhone

Must be my photo skills,or lack of anyway,mind you it was a photoshot from a video so could be that,the 60 sounded good chugging along. Edited by smithlington smithe

Here I am up north and just watching the local news. There before my eyes is the logs and the NMT going through Dent. One wonders if Big Jim was onboard. Oh and Dent station is up for sale offers over £425,000........

Keith

PS it's ok going south tomorrow....

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Here I am up north and just watching the local news. There before my eyes is the logs and the NMT going through Dent. One wonders if Big Jim was onboard. Oh and Dent station is up for sale offers over £425,000........

Keith

what program was that, see if i can see it on catch up?

only took 4 pics today

kingmoor

8DB8DFCC-A335-41F1-82BA-E419FBDA38AE.jpg

1A2F9C90-4CE7-40AB-A4B6-FE6D15F655E2.jpg

and warrington

755DD10A-09F4-4449-B257-479210537CB4.jpg

5DD961B3-50E9-49E2-9E12-B9D17B6BE040.jpg

• Like 14

Keith

Hi Jim it was the BBC local news for the North West I was in an Hotel in Chester for two nights. Went to see the Terracotta Warriors in Liverpool so used Mersey Rail. Being from down south at least it was 3rd rail.

Keith  

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jim it was the BBC local news for the North West I was in an Hotel in Chester for two nights. Went to see the Terracotta Warriors in Liverpool so used Mersey Rail. Being from down south at least it was 3rd rail.

Keith

Yeah I spotted it on iplayer, I suspect it was filmed the day before as the drs train in front of mine was 2 x 66 yesterday and the one on the clip had a single loco, also I noticed the 2nd mans windows was shut on the 60 as it passed through, I had mine open yesterday while I was on it Edited by big jim
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Oxford blockade last night, and a rare old beast for me to drive a class 66!

21:30 last night

AE7DF4AB-8009-41BC-8ED9-A928F9A10D5A.jpg

And drive it I did, a whole wagon length in 8 hours!

05:30 this morning

EB89FE36-5E5A-4ABE-A291-FA01E5C69236.jpg

Logs tomorrow night before a week of yellow trains

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

I will keep what I have in date and anything out of date will only need a refresh, luckily Colas has one of the best route retention systems I’ve come across, fully electronic so can pin point to the day when I go out of date on a route (as long as I remember to use the app, which I always do)

When I switch to GBRf the routes will transfer across but over time some will disappear as there will be no need for them and others will be added as I learn new places, I’m going to try and keep some of the more obscure diversions on my card such as sandbach to Middlewich and northernden to hazel grove as they were a pain to get on in the first place and handy to keep now they are on there

Traction wise I believe I will be doing class 20s which I’ve done in the past with Drs (funnily enough I found my certificate last week) and the class 59 but of course I will most likely lose the likes of class 56, 67 and 70 over time, and of course my beloved NMT will be no more, but at least I get to keep 60s

Edited by big jim
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Just a few from last night, logs warrington to chirk and back to crewe

60021 waiting to back the final few hundred meters into kronospan, I stop there to clear the track circuits to give the ground frame back before getting back on board to set back further

E403C1A7-4E62-4FBD-9DB0-153D50298DB3.jpg

35 late at shrewsbury where the signaller put a late running GBRf across the front of me towards Wolverhampton

08F0CBDF-9E42-43EE-B8CB-969A4BFB5001.jpg

I held back so didn’t catch him so was 47 late at bushbury jn and somehow made up 37 mins by the time I got to crewe so it was only 10 late, as I type this it’s near as dammit on time past warrington!

Crewe

D08B4DD3-3EB3-4374-AA58-9CEF25A3C271.jpg

And off it went (still from a video)

427BAE84-1324-44A3-B94D-0D72BAD31921.jpg

And the video

https://youtu.be/cXtpiTYEhn4

On a Yellow train later today to Stratford upon Avon amongst other places

• Like 14