Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

Good morning Jim.

Post 4896 07/07/2018, dawn in Edale, you lucky lad. One of the prettiest valleys in England.

I remember such times, usually photographing the NP 59 hauled Tunstead to Drax, including getting a "going away"! shot at Norman's Bank as I fell out of my car.

Running over 2 hours early. The train, not me.

Thanks again for your photos & tales, what a record they are and will increasingly become for us enthusiasts.

Good luck driving your trains on your next "layout".

Ian

• Like 1

I thought it was you on it when you passed me in Helsby, little bit of whispy cloud did us out of a nice full sun shot. The guy with me there had driven up from near Bridlington so wasn’t very pleased.

• RMweb Premium

Traction wise I believe I will be doing class 20s which I’ve done in the past with Drs (funnily enough I found my certificate last week) and the class 59 but of course I will most likely lose the likes of class 56, 67 and 70 over time, and of course my beloved NMT will be no more, but at least I get to keep 60s

Jim, with the news of GBRf buying 56’s are you hoping to keep them now?

Darn! Couldn’t you have postponed your trip to a few miles from me (I live near Pete) until I was back from my hols?! :no:

Joking aside, excellent photos as usual, and I hope we’ll see some from your new venture with GBRf too...you sign to Clitheroe so you could do the cements and continue to see us lot 'up here' hopefully....

Thanks,

Jack.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Loco move last night carlisle to crewe as the logs were cancelled

Got to Kingmoor to find the dead class 70 blocked in by a freightliner 66 and the 56 on the opposite side of the yard!

Class 56

8CF3BE2A-3D24-47C9-9BD5-3725D5EBC729.jpg

D9CD74FF-18AD-48DB-AB7D-FE4683F204C2.jpg

4E92E3E9-4489-4E16-A426-BF280E991C74.jpg

35D193BA-C729-443D-89B7-A49F6EFEA6C5.jpg

Finally ready to roll

FB3C71E2-1BD8-4F6F-A90D-3FC5CE967503.jpg

Brief stop in carlisle

AE3CDFCB-F634-4B5E-AEAA-0B7B838799B9.jpg

And into crewe to stable

52BEC8DA-6C2D-4DEE-AE42-CC48C60E0815.jpg

93DB109E-4DB6-4A66-B247-A4E1B1015483.jpg

AC82E8D4-0C98-4B2A-BEEB-A22679C3BD25.jpg

Logs tonight

• Like 19

First of all, thank you for the interesting, informative and at times entertaining thread. It is one of the go-to threads on this site for me.

A question about what happens if, as seems to be the case last night, your loco is blocked in by another companies stock.

Are you allowed to just jump up and move the FL 66 out of the way, even though it isn't a Colas (your employers) loco, or do you have to seek permission to / give notice that you moved their equipment?

If it was a type of traction that you weren't passed out on, would you still be allowed to move it as it is within the yard limits and (presumably) the fundamentals are the same as those types that you are passed for or would you have to find someone that is specifically qualified for that type of traction?

• RMweb Gold

I had to get permission to move that from freightliner

I can’t move anything I don’t sign so just as well I sign 66s

Only one pic from last night

C6CFDA21-97FC-42CD-AA2E-BCC0063C7258.jpg

And it’s now official, last day with Colas is the 10th August and I start with GBRf on the 13th August!

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Many thanks for all the interesting Colas themed photos Jim, most enjoyable. Good luck in your new job and hopefully more interesting GBRf themed photos to come in the future.

Regards, Ian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

He did that at chiltern!

Good luck on the move Jim! 6M40/6V14 north of Brum if you're learning 59s?

Jo

Think so, can get it as far south as Didcot Edited by big jim