Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

So have you taken a cotton bud to your colas models yet to start to de-brand.  Great to see the thread continuing well done to GBRf. This I must admit is my goto thread. Its great to learn so much about the modern railway not only from you Jim but the other professionals that add to this thread. Please keep it up.

Keith

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Our paths will meet. Pity I wasn’t there

That's great for you. And I had the pleasure of signaling you away from landor street. Tho I didn't realise it was so misty this morning lol

RMWeb members both ends of the trip (Almost)

mark, wednesday im on the irvine tanks but thats a morning run past horrocksford

• RMweb Gold

Great pics as ever.

Out of interest, at Clitheroe cement works are you involved with any of the shunting moving wagons through the loader or are internal shunters used?

you load the wagons yourself with the 66, i noticed there were 2 shunters on site though in working condition, one is called 'chug chug' the other was in the shed

• RMweb Premium

you load the wagons yourself with the 66, i noticed there were 2 shunters on site though in working condition, one is called 'chug chug' the other was in the shed

There is an upcoming "tour" of the works sidings using the shunters on 30 September.

https://www.branchline.uk/current-fixtures.php

Cheers,

Mick

So gutted i didn't buy a some Bachmann castle cement wagons when they were on the discount table in ian allen for £20 a piece a few years back

I feel the same now they’ve reverted back to the bogie tanks, they're easier to get hold of than the 2-axle wagons though...kitbuild or give Mr Petty a poke are your only options for those.

Just seen you’ve said you’ll be on the Irvine tanks on Wednesday...I’ll try and see you somewhere between Balshaw Ln and possibly Bamber bridge depending on whether I have a car, I’ll be sure to wave! Might be my last week in Lancashire before moving to Derby so I’ll have to figure out where to go when I’m there and whether any flows you work will pass through.

Jack.

• RMweb Gold

Might be my last week in Lancashire before moving to Derby so I’ll have to figure out where to go when I’m there and whether any flows you work will pass through.

Jack.

i'll be in derby a fair bit, there tomorrow as it happens, blockade train out to toton, then i'll be doing stuff like the s-stock and when i learn it stud farm etc

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Jim et all,

For reference, you'll find Platform 7 is only temporary signed, and while it will remain in situ long-term it will not be used by public passenger services.  Its only purpose will be early morning/late evening ECS moves to and from the depot, to allow EMT to load/offload catering supplies etc.  There is an issue with the signalling where by, if it was fully signalled for passenger moves, it would lock-up the north end of the station.

For those that don't know, all the work at Derby changes the operational aspects a bit.  Platforms 1 and 2 can only be used by services on the cross-country route going north.  These will also be used by all freight workings going south in the Burton/Tamworth direction.  There is no access from the London lines.  Platforms 3 and 4 will be dedicated to local, terminating and reversing services.  So I gather the Newark-Matlocks will use these, along with Birmingham-Nottingham XCs.  Platforms 5 and 6 become dedicated EMT London-Sheffield platforms.  The S stock from what Network Rail tell me, will now pass through 3 or 4 and go into Chaddesden to run-round, as three roads in there have been fully signalled to allow movements without needing ground staff, which was the case before.

Interestingly access to Platforms 3 and 4 is over the old freight lines from out near the new East Midlands Control Centre.

Rich

• RMweb Gold

Just a couple from today, silver bullets from crewe to carlisle via the s+c, got delayed for 80 mins at Wigan due to a signal failure but managed to get to carlisle 15 early in the end!

Carlisle

F8C8E0C2-C77E-41A8-93DD-EB6B49A857C2.jpg

E99D2043-2B44-4790-A657-7AB128F7031B.jpg

Driving down to hams hall tomorrow for a look at it, never been there before so need to see the shunts and method of work

• Like 19