Jim’s “out and about with GBRf” thread

• RMweb Gold

You are probably right about the number!

It should be coming back via the WCML and one of the 56s is being left in kingmoor for crew training, im not even sure if the 56 will work it back tuesday but lookin at it it may well do

• Like 1

Shot of the Baglan to Chirk timber train yesterday.. 56094 thundering up the Marches near Craven Arms...

Had a very long stop over at Shrewsbury despite running an hour early!!!...

Regards

D421

post-17396-0-09214800-1369556290_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Its Not 105 its 302, i should have been driving it but couln't make the job due to the late running last night, will be picking it up later though from crewe

May i suggest getting out monday for J37 too, you wait for a 56 to come along and 2 come along at once!!

Thanks for the heads up.......

Regards

D421

Should that be 56087?

Cheers,

Mick

I think Colas own 56086 as well but I'm not sure, but it's being overhauled

You are probably right about the number!

It should be coming back via the WCML and one of the 56s is being left in kingmoor for crew training, im not even sure if the 56 will work it back tuesday but lookin at it it may well do

To confirm it will be 56087 as after a bit of investigating colas don't own 56086, infact it's Eurofenix that own it and it's painted in europhenix livery I think... It will likely soon be exported or has been already

• RMweb Premium

56302 is on the logs again on monday but will be being joined by 56086 at warrington for the run to chirk and back to carlisle, been looking through my manual to see how to multi them up!!

56302 working 6J37 Carlisle-Chirk, 56087 0Z56 light engine Hinksey-Warrington.

I hope you've sussed the multi.

Alhough latest local gen report is that 56302 is low on fuel..........!  Splash and dash at Kingmoor DRS maybe?

If it comes south via S&C, I may have to go phot it if the rain holds off.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

If it comes south via S&C, I may have to go phot it if the rain holds off.

The rain hasn't stopped for the last three hours, but hey-ho, my skin is waterproof.

56302 crests the bank at Wilpshire on the outskirts of Blackburn working 6J37 Carlisle-Chirk, heading towards Big Jim at Warrington

post-408-0-49066700-1369669598_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Just got through the door after this job, lots of fotters about, shame about the weather!

Despite there being good parts of the job tonight i got to a point earlier where phycically i hit a brick wall, i got to a point where i just felt like jacking the job in for the night as i could barely lift the shackle, i think i may have man flu

Because we arrived late into chirk and needing to get out before a possession the outward working only had 8 wagons on it

due to engineering work i was running round in shrewsbury and coming back via whitchurch, decided to leave 302 on the rear of the train and top and tail it from shrewsbury as 087 had more fuel

After a right palava at shrewsbury running round i finally got on my way and back to crewe where i headed back to my van, i don't know whats up with me but it took me about 15 minutes to walk the 300 metres back to the van and every step on the footbridge felt like i was wearing diving boots

Anyway in bed now, hopefully sleep it off or sweat it out for work tomorrow, same job but i dont know what loco it will be

A few pics to follow but i wasn't even in the mood to get any as climbing up and down the loco steps was a real effort

Edited by big jim
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

here are a few pics, as i say i wasn't feeling well and was running late so not many pics

i think i've sweat the fever out and am feeling a lot better now but not 100%

DSCF3773.jpg

DSCF3774.jpg

croes newydd loop waiting forthe shrewsbury train to pass

DSCF3775.jpg

Edited by big jim
  • Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Hope you feel better soon Jim

I believe this may be you passing Chester last night, my son ventured out despite the weather.

post-6662-0-65990200-1369818311_thumb.jpg

And to prove that signals can show green at Chester ... :P

post-6662-0-34640800-1369818358_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

yes that was me dave, can you get your lad to send me the pics please?

feeling fine today, i was ok yesterday too, the problem with the night before mike was i was over 3/4 of the way through the job when i just suddenly went ill, so i just had to carry on and get the job done as i couldn't leave the train in shrewsbury and my relief was in crewe.

got 302 again tonight with 21

Edited by big jim
  • Like 2

got 302 again tonight with 21 on

Good job your not driving it from Carlisle then! As you said they are quite a job to get them up the steep hills!

Is there a problem with 66850?

• RMweb Gold

don't know where the 66s are at the moment, 847 is knackered though, been taken to eastleigh for repair

turns out its only got 17 on tonight for whatever reason and its coming via the wcml so hopefully right time into warrington for me

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

don't know where the 66s are at the moment, 847 is knackered though, been taken to eastleigh for repair

turns out its only got 17 on tonight for whatever reason and its coming via the wcml so hopefully right time into warrington for me

Currently 2 1/4 hours late I'm afraid Jim

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/O89725/2013/05/29/advanced

• Like 1

I thought it was 850 that was at Eastleigh?

As 847 worked the logs just last week, day before 302 started i think?

• RMweb Gold

66850 was on the Linkswood - Grangemouth at lunch today

66847 at Eastleigh

66848 on the Wolsing Matildas

66849 at Whitemoor.

hth

PS - I'll get the photos emailed to you Jim.

• Like 2