"Highland Sulzers" - Lochgorm Works, Inverness: Scale Seven

Indomitable026

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Interesting technique the tick rather than underlining...:O

Kinda regret throwing out all my locoshed + combined volumes during one of those I hate trains periods...should have known that it stays in the blood...;)

Slightly perplexed why this post has been disagreed with...:)

• 6 months later...

Not dead, I'm meaning me or the thread or the concept. Quite the opposite. I'm going to build a board shortly to mount the "newly" built point on and a lay little track, by way of a tinker/ test.

I've dug said point out today but think it has one or two issues that need addressing.

post-8734-0-66552600-1427034551_thumb.jpg

The main issue is that some of the sleepers are too short and need replacing. This is because dopey here forgot to use the longer sleeper measure in the plan - since we are suppose to be modelling Scale Seven.

Perhaps we're not going to make it?

Ha ha

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

hope to see a resurrection of this one day - some excellent stuff going on here.

I have a similar relationship with GUNNSBURN  - currently rested tor a Winter project (after two binnings) - needless to say I have taken some inspiration from Lochgorm.

Cheers

Ian

Interesting technique the tick rather than underlining... :O

Kinda regret throwing out all my locoshed + combined volumes during one of those I hate trains periods...should have known that it stays in the blood... ;)

Class - it is definitely in the blood  - wine women and song came and went replaced by grey hairs and a big mortgage thank heavens for the East Lancs Railway.

....I have a reissue Combine from 1973

post-7252-0-64353500-1440856221.jpg

Memories

Ian

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Although this project is dormant, I've spent some time this morning contemplating what sort of size the layout may be and how the boards may be configured. Don't ask me why, my brain operates in very random ways.

Anyway I took a screen shot of the Templot plan and then overlaid possible board configuration. The boards 1200mm deep by 500mm wide.

post-8734-0-22805100-1488711629_thumb.png

That's probably it for another two years, but I think I needed to get that bit of working out of my system. I've uploaded it here so I've got it for future reference if required.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

That's probably it for another two years, but I think I needed to get that bit of working out of my system. I've uploaded it here so I've got it for future reference if required.

Come on Damien! I'm sure a man of your calibre can cope with two layouts at once. As noble a cause as the L&B is I was really looking forward to this one... :) 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Come on Damien! I'm sure a man of your calibre can cope with two layouts at once. As noble a cause as the L&B is I was really looking forward to this one... :)

Wot he said ;)

Still hoping you get to build this layout...

• 5 months later...