"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

A few detailed shots of the Cathedral, which, BTW, took six months to build most of it of which was spent how to build it, what went where, why and wherefore!

attachicon.gifMY PICTURES 6627.jpgattachicon.gifMY PICTURES 2633.jpgattachicon.gifMY PICTURES 2612.jpgattachicon.gifMY PICTURES 2520.jpgattachicon.gifMY PICTURES 2521.jpgattachicon.gifMY PICTURES 6469.jpg

Oh for crying out loud - talk about setting the bar ridiculously high! How are we going to vault over this modelling spire?

And my favourite water mill model.

attachicon.gifMY PICTURES 123.JPG

I particularly like this one Allan. There are ruins of two, more basic, Highland corn mills in our village, which I would like recreate in 00 scale sometime. The last miller at Gruids Mill was a close friend and we have spent many happy days, out and about, exploring the sites of old mills.

Marlyn

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Allan - there is so much inspiration in your models. I had memories of your steelworks from years ago, and now I am finishing off my own 'processing plant' you have closed the loop for me with your post of the pictures. Thank you so much for all the ideas.

Was the steelworks a commission for an individual modeller or maybe a display for a museum? I can't imagine many people being allowed to have something like this in their living room.

- Richard.

• Like 3

Allan - there is so much inspiration in your models. I had memories of your steelworks from years ago, and now I am finishing off my own 'processing plant' you have closed the loop for me with your post of the pictures. Thank you so much for all the ideas.

Was the steelworks a commission for an individual modeller or maybe a display for a museum? I can't imagine many people being allowed to have something like this in their living room.

- Richard.

Every day when I drove past Scunthorpe steelworks I used to promise the four queens (blast furnaces) that one day I would model them even if they didn't look anything like them at all (which of course, they never did).

For the most part it appeared that I followed the principle of the original builders which in effect was to stick anything anywhere and hoped that it would produce steel but all this in a 20ft garage as opposed to half of Scunthorpe!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Is that the original height of the chimney or was it cut down at some point?  It seems to be a large diameter for such a short structure.  i wonder what the factory/industry was?

My first visit here for a few months, and the standard is, as always, exquisite. And everything from steel works, to cathedrals, to chippers. Does Mr Dolphin apply an ethical fishing policy? I hope he never got caught in his own net.

I particularly liked the way you took Dougall, gave him a haircut, and turned him into a thatched cottage.

Alan