"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

Gatehouse gardens.

The flowers are 'miniNatur' a German product and they have quite an impressive range of all things vegetation. Check out their site for the full range.

Cheers.

Allan

Hi Allan

I'd agree with you regarding MiniNatur, they produce lovely stuff.

I do find it difficult to source their product here, my I ask if you're aware of a well stocked supplier or do you order from Europe as I've had to do on occasions.

Cheers

Grahame

Gatehouse gardens.

The flowers are 'miniNatur' a German product and they have quite an impressive range of all things vegetation. Check out their site for the full range.

Cheers.

Allan

Hi Allan

I do find it difficult to source their product here, my I ask if you're aware of a well stocked supplier or do you order from Europe as I've had to do on occasions.

Cheers

Grahame

Hi Grahame.

I can't remember exactly where I found them but if you google 'mininatur' then scan the web a supplier/s will come up.

Cheers.

Allan

A word or two on dirty windows.

I find that no matter how careful I am, the windows on my buildings always end up filthy ( check those bays ) and no ammount of dusting will remove the film.

So, what I have started to do with the smaller windows is to leave out the glazing altogether. It doesn't really notice and so far no one has ever noticed it or mentioned it. I might even start to leave it out of the larger bay windows also.

Any ideas, comments ?

Cheers.

Allan

Edited by allan downes

• RMweb Gold

Not noticeable at all to be honest. Its quite difficult to pick out which have and which have not got glazing. At a guess, I would say the 4th picture, side bay window (R/H side of picture) looks very clear through the windows, so therefore, probably has no glazing.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Allan

Cheers

Grahame

I get mine from GreenScene, usually at an exhibition. 

Re Mininatur Products you could try these people.Antenocitis Workshop - Wargames Supplies for Wargamers ...

www.antenocitisworkshop.com

Wargame scenery, terrain and vehicles for 15mm and 28mm tabletop gaming, as well as scratch-building materials, paints, supplies and more

I've just made a large order and it's on its way.

Cheers.

Allan

Edited by allan downes

For those who might be interested here's how the Wills stone sheets are prepared.

Hope it might be of use.

Cheers.

Allan.

Stage one.

Colour with Colron Victorian Pine wood dye which will etch into the plastic sheeting

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stage two.

Lightly dust over with matt black acrylic whilst dye is still wet. Leave to dry.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stage three.

Rub talcum powder well into the joints.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stage four.

Dab - NOT brush -  Colron English Light Oak wood dye over the talc and leave to dry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fith stage.

The sheet will dry out as seen on the sample to the left in about 20 miniutes and will be ready for use. When marking and cutting out always do this on the reverse side of the sheet.

attachicon.gifPREPARING WILLS STONE SHEETS 001.JPGattachicon.gifPREPARING WILLS STONE SHEETS 002.JPGattachicon.gifPREPARING WILLS STONE SHEETS 003.JPGattachicon.gifPREPARING WILLS STONE SHEETS 004.JPGattachicon.gifPREPARING WILLS STONE SHEETS 005.JPGattachicon.gifPREPARING WILLS STONE SHEETS 006.JPGattachicon.gifPREPARING WILLS STONE SHEETS 008.JPGattachicon.gifPREPARING WILLS STONE SHEETS 009.JPGattachicon.gifPREPARING WILLS STONE SHEETS 010.JPG

I'm sure there's a tale to tell about how you discovered this technique! I have visions of you bathing a baby and accidentally picking up a bottle of Colron instead of the shampoo!

I'm sure there's a tale to tell about how you discovered this technique! I have visions of you bathing a baby and accidentally picking up a bottle of Colron instead of the shampoo!

Safer way to get a tan and lasts longer!

Castle fest !!

Phairns Castle set against natural background shots ( Taken in the very rare moments between thunderstorms and total washouts !)

I found this wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. The model either needed to be set up really close to the background, taken at distance, or with a towering background that blocked out all the sky so what you see is the best I could do and the work of a total amateure  and one that can't spell either !

Cheers

Allan.

post-18579-0-70880800-1467724152_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-49031400-1467724170_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-92531400-1467724194_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-81898200-1467724264.jpgpost-18579-0-98907800-1467724314_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-51950900-1467724347_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-03474500-1467724432_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-00033600-1467724454_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-67545800-1467724515_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-76438500-1467724542_thumb.jpg

• Like 9