"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

Guest jonte

And not to mention that Airfix cathedral !

Good job you've an excellent sense of humour, Allan.

I tried that one on the chaps who own 'Lime Street'.

I take it from their lack of acknowledgement of my post that they weren't too keen on my asking whether the station roof was the Peco kit!

Jonte

• Like 3

Your cutting mat Iain, a true modellers cutting mat if ever there was - an inspiration to us all. Unreadable, covered in paint, knobbled in glue, skin, blood, sweat stained - all there, and the way all cutting mats should be!

Nice station too...

Cheers.

Allan.

LOL!!

I have bought a new A3 mat recently, but the first thing I did was spill a bottle of Plastic Weld over it...

OK...how about a cathedral of clay...Clay Dries that is!

Modelled roughly on Treviscoe, but for a low-relief location, the full blow-by-blow construction is on my blog. Oh, and it's 4mm scale.

attachicon.gifOverall (800x522).jpg

attachicon.gifDoor and Gull (800x600).jpg

Oh, no...a monster seagull again!

attachicon.gifpiles of clay (800x600).jpg

attachicon.gifroof treatment (800x600).jpg

attachicon.gifSAM_7371 (800x597).jpg

The wall textures.

This is my absolute favourite model ever, even though it doesn't feature much in the way of stone. Top work Iain.

• Like 1

This is my absolute favourite model ever, even though it doesn't feature much in the way of stone. Top work Iain.

Thank you, Lee! Glad you like it. I have a suspicion that you are just about to put me in the shade with your signal box and station building, though!

Iain.

I think I've died and gone to heaven........................................

Jonte

I'm off on my other very strange hobby today -  mine exploring ...but before I go, I will leave you with these slightly more sedate models, in 4mm, made for the Princes Risborough project. The customer specified Scalescenes brickpaper for the wall finish...while I wouldn't ordinarily use this, I enjoyed the challenge and it looks very effective even though there is no relief to catch the light. Of course, Ratio have now gone and brought out a GWR signal box like this....but I guess it will be a really good starting point for a whole lot of superb models.

attachicon.gifRisboro Sth box 2 (800x639).jpg

Risborough South Box

attachicon.gifRisboro side box (800x513).jpg

attachicon.giffinal side view (800x369).jpg

Risborough North Box

attachicon.gifBack Side (800x390).jpg

North Box

attachicon.gifdoor close up (539x533).jpg

attachicon.gifInterior.jpg

The interior with lights.

I absolutely love these models, and as you know I've been really getting into Signal Boxes recently. It's great to see a few new views as well -especially the interior.

• Like 1

Good job you've an excellent sense of humour, Allan.

I tried that one on the chaps who own 'Lime Street'.

I take it from their lack of acknowledgement of my post that they weren't too keen on my asking whether the station roof was the Peco kit!

Jonte

Haha - Jonte that's brilliant!

That's what I love about this thread (and others!), apart from the brilliant, out of this world buildings, it's the humour of Iain and Allan.  It's infectious and it shows they they enjoy modelling, and that it can be fun. For most of us, is this not a hobby after all?

This thread is absolutely awe-inpsiring. For me, apart from being blown away by the utterly superb modelling, it's a fantastic source of inspiration. I'm scratch building a Signal Box at the moment, and a couple of years ago when I first came back to the hobby, if I'd gave done something that wasn't quite right, I'd have said "sod it" and carried on. Now, I'll be likely to pull it apart and start again!

• Like 2

Iain, did you ever do any narrow guage modelling - English, American, whatever, coz I've got a few pics of such which might be of interest to the gang ?

Anyway, here's an opener, albeit I've put it up before - here and anywhere else you would care to mention !

Cheers

Allan

post-18579-0-37543000-1367234865.jpg

• Like 5

This thread is absolutely awe-inpsiring. For me, apart from being blown away by the utterly superb modelling, it's a fantastic source of inspiration. I'm scratch building a Signal Box at the moment, and a couple of years ago when I first came back to the hobby, if I'd gave done something that wasn't quite right, I'd have said "sod it" and carried on. Now, I'll be likely to pull it apart and start again!

Yeah, I know what you mean Freebs, Robinson was doing the same thing when I arrived !

Cheers.

Allan.

These shots are fab, Allan! Especially the pannier running on the 7mm narrow gauge track!!

I am doing something narrow gauge right now, have only just started it, but will post photos when I am a little bit further on with it. So you have me beaten there! Have you any more NG shots...please?

cheers,

Iain

These shots are fab, Allan! Especially the pannier running on the 7mm narrow gauge track!!

I am doing something narrow gauge right now, have only just started it, but will post photos when I am a little bit further on with it. So you have me beaten there! Have you any more NG shots...please?

cheers,

Iain

Yes, I'll upload what I've got later, right now I'm too full of the wife's apple pie to move !

Cheers.

Allan.

I can't keep up with this thread. I need a lie-down after every post.

Next week I'll take a day off just for this thread!

If I just think how long it would take to build the models in this thread, I'd have to take a year off!!!

• Like 1

If you want more Iain - curved trestle bridge and stuff - let me know and I'll scan and post some pics from another 030 mountain layout I built in a desperate attempt to get away from GWR branchlines !

Cheers.

Allan

BTW.as Wall Street closed last night, the index had Robinson in the lead by 10 points and Downes trailing by 11. There's to be an enquiery.

• Like 1

If you want more Iain - curved trestle bridge and stuff - let me know and I'll scan and post some pics from another 030 mountain layout I built in a desperate attempt to get away from GWR branchlines !

Cheers.

Allan

BTW.as Wall Street closed last night, the index had Robinson in the lead by 10 points and Downes trailing by 11. There's to be an enquiery.

Yes please :imsohappy: