'T' Strapping in 2mm Scale - What Size Works?

• 1 month later...

I've been doing a bit more on the first tank. Firstly I've cleaned it (see the separate thread on this). It would up spending nearly a week in cooking oil (with intermittent prodding to shift the stubborn wax followed by a scrub with Morrisons savers washing up liquid and finally a scrub under the hot tap.

It now has a proper Lowfit to sit on and has acquired some lifting lugs, so has finally made it into primer.

This is the first time I've been able to get a proper look at the 3d printing results, so here are some photos. The 'T' strapping has come out pretty well. There is the usual roughness in certain parts of the print but the tank lid has a very strange lump on it... almost makes it look like a badly finished whitemetal casting. Very odd. I don't think that this problem has affected the other prints but it's hard to be sure until they are primed.

Anyway, all in all there is nothing that can't be sorted out with a bit of wet and dry and I'm quite pleased with it.

Naturally, I have sanded and re-primed after taking these, but thought that others would like to see the 'warts and all' photos. Bear in mind that these photos are stupidly enlarged (the tank is about 14mm from end to end), so you can't actually see a lot of these imperfections using normal eyesight.

Regards, Andy

post-9623-0-13235700-1371572609_thumb.jpg

post-9623-0-11615300-1371572629_thumb.jpg

post-9623-0-49356300-1371572646.jpg

post-9623-0-70710400-1371572661_thumb.jpg

Archived