class 25 (2nd go at weathering)

to have a break from track laying/wiring etc I thought i'd have another go at weathering to try some new techniques.

think i'm getting better but still lots to practice.

i wish the glazing was more flush, I've fitted cab lights and it reallly shows up the glazing!

1_zpse858c241.jpg

all coments as always appreciated.

I do like that just a hint of yellow effect on the snow ploughs.

Agree about the glazing.

Now you have seen it you have to get some laser cut. :O

Bachmann moulded one of the buffer beam pipes the wrong way round.

Many have fallen into this trap. It's the bit painted orange that instead of being a bent pipe should be a box of some sort.

I know nothing of the official names of parts on diesels.

Alternatives are available.

If I was pushed for any further comment I would say a spot of grease on the buffers.

Other than that I like it.

Bernard

Guest oldlugger

Very nicely done! Apart from the body shape and roof panel criticisms of some, the bit I like least on these locos are the massively over scale buffer beam details which really spoil an otherwise nice looking model. On my class 24 I cut off the pipes from their housings and added fine brass wire instead; the improvement is very apparent. Personally I would bin the huge plastic screw link coupling. There are some erroneous details in the detailing pack that seem to be from another model, or just made up.

Cheers

Simon

Thanks bernard,

good to have feed back.

I hadn't noticed the jumper cable beling reversed but now you mention it, it is pretty obvious!

I will add buffer grease, and a few other bits and bobs.

Do you know where i can get laser cut glazing?

thanks for the comments/help

BRealistic, the sides where done by arbrushing the sides with railmatch frame dirt then wiping off the excess with a cotton bud dipped in IPA. (the alcohol not the beer :))

Then i use powders to give more depth, the front end was done by building up a couple of layers of powder then using the same cotton bud/IPA method to remove some powder, if you rub vertically the powder dissolves in the IPA to give the streaking effect.

then seal with matt varnish.

Archived