The Reely Grate Manufacturing Company

Mike

Bob subject to Mike replying go have a look here http://www.lcut.co.uk they are lust starting to create their 0 gauge elements.  Click on PRODUCTS then 7mm.

I'm thinking of fronting some of my scratch build with their panels. You can also do a search of the RM forums for their other posts.

Edited by Barnaby

Hi Mike. I've just re-read this thread again. Can you tell me how you fix the plastic overlays to the Lite ply, and where did you get the laser cut factory doors you use on Primrose Hill.

Cheers

Bob 

Hi Bob, I use a very very thin coat of Evostick applied to the ply and the factory doors are from http://www.kitwoodhillmodels.com/hope that helps

• 1 month later...

Reely Grate will be at the Newport (Gwent) G0G exhibition on Saturday 18th followed by Sutton Coldfield 25th-26th so that will the first 4 shows done and dusted (already done Kettering and Hardwicke with Primrose Hill).Just a one day in May and then a break until September. So by then the New workshop will have been erected.smile.gif

post-185-0-79138300-1428656772.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Mike

Saw you at Cradley Heath recently, so have seen one layout but not the other! - hope to be able to get to Sutton Coldfield.

Hope your next extension will include Barzillai Hingleys factory (he did exist!, and his company still does - he married a cousin of mine) : if it's any help I hear the company are about to produce a Mk 3 Fulminator ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Neport NewG0G show done and dusted a thoroughly enjoyable day, chatting and playing trains.
Downside M50 closed adding about 40minutes to return journey and the polarity changeover switch went belly up. Need to get this fixed quickly as Reely Grate will be at Sutton Coldfield Saturday and Sunday 25-26. I've also been invited to do Guildex in September, the major 0 gauge show of the year.Well chuffed.;) 2016 bookings already in the pipe line.;)

• Like 4

Well I have just spent all afternoon replacing slide switch fitting a new tie-bar and rewiring. Has it cured the fault, has it hell as like, so I have just mailed the Sutton Coldfield  exhibition manager and offered Primrose Hill as a replacement as I could spend the next couple of days trying to sort the fault out and still be no further forward. :cry:

Just found out that the new slide switch is duff so it's off to the shops this morning and hopefully by this evening we should be up and running again although it's school run after lunch so it could be tomorrow morning.smile.gif

• Like 4

Thank god for that Mike, for a moment I thought there had been a catastrophic fulminator failure !!

You and me both, it's the closest I've been to hitting it with a very large hammer. Thank goodness for Gordons with a splash of tonic, after all the lemon slice is part of our 5 a day. ;)

I enjoy a G&T, or a Scotch, but real ale has to be healthier: It's made from barley, yeast & hops, and the boiling is done before, not after, it's made, so the health benefits are retained.

Yeast is arguably not one of your five-a-day, but this is merely a good reason to have an extra pint, to ensure you get the full benefit of the goodness in the other two ingredients.

Chocolate is also a good option. It is, of course, the produce of an exotic fruit. It therefore counts as part of your five-a-day ration too, but only if you have a handful.

Hoping this clears up any misunderstandings

Simon

• Like 6

I enjoy a G&T, or a Scotch, but real ale has to be healthier: It's made from barley, yeast & hops, and the boiling is done before, not after, it's made, so the health benefits are retained.

Yeast is arguably not one of your five-a-day, but this is merely a good reason to have an extra pint, to ensure you get the full benefit of the goodness in the other two ingredients.

Chocolate is also a good option. It is, of course, the produce of an exotic fruit. It therefore counts as part of your five-a-day ration too, but only if you have a handful.

Hoping this clears up any misunderstandings

Simon

Isn't a pint of cider one of your five a day too?

Cheers,

Andrew

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Time to blow the dust off and do a bit of titivation on Reely so the new shed can't come soon enough. Why? well it's going to be at Guildex 2015 Telford 5/6 September stand 9 between Hospital Gates and Wyevern Quay. Looking forward to a bit of a do.

post-185-0-03685400-1437213738.jpg

Edited by Mike
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Dust well and truly blown off and several little jobs that I have put off for far to long including replacing the point operating unit and switch have now been completed. I'm still having to use an extension lead into the workshop so photos will have to wait until my electrician has done his stuff. However, I have been playing trains and enjoying myself, well it is an essential requirement isn't it?;)

• Like 4