Model Buses

Bartb

"There does not seem to be any literature/web info on scratch bus modelling, just adaptation of diecasts or kits."

On the contrary "runs as required", the Model Bus Federation actually publishes a 40 page booklet called, "Model Bus Construction Using Plastic" [written by Tony Kay].

www.model-bus-federation.org.uk 

HTH

"There does not seem to be any literature/web info on scratch bus modelling, just adaptation of diecasts or kits."

On the contrary "runs as required", the Model Bus Federation actually publishes a 40 page booklet called, "Model Bus Construction Using Plastic" [written by Tony Kay].

www.model-bus-federation.org.uk 

HTH

Many thanks for this lead

True I did turn up the title in searching the web this week-end but couldn't actually find a way of ordering and paying for it.

The reviewer on the MBZ site says

" the only disappointment is the fact that the book is not, to my knowledge, readily available to all - hopefully this will be remedied in time."

Does one have suscribe annually to the MBF in order to be eligble to buy it?

dh

Many thanks for this lead

True I did turn up the title in searching the web this week-end but couldn't actually find a way of ordering and paying for it.

The reviewer on the MBZ site says

Does one have suscribe annually to the MBF in order to be eligble to buy it?

dh

The book is available only through the MBF shop as far as I know, which is normally for MBF members only. However, it has been reduced for a while now which I guess is to try and clear stocks, so non MBF members may be able to buy it if they ask nicely (I will PM you the direct email next for them, but I would say that you are not a member when emailing them).

Otherwise, if you know any MBF members perhaps they could buy it for you??

When I first started scratchbuilding, I used this online guide: http://www.themotormuseuminminiature.co.uk/scratch-building.php  which although not for buses was useful for me for the techniques at least.

Archived