Thanks for the comments Sean, I've a few more recent updates to share. 

14186647494_edaf4d9afd_c.jpgBescot Speedlink trip arrives by bescotbeast, on Flickr

14163509916_678be309ce_c.jpgBescot Speedlink trip sets back by bescotbeast, on Flickr

14186646294_2d52b2244a_c.jpgClass 20 hauled trip by bescotbeast, on Flickr

After Hickmans Glass went over to Road deliveries for its sand, the sand siding fell into disuse. A local scrap merchant applied for a Section 8 Grant to refurbish the sand siding and to use it for dispatching scrap by rail to British Steel at Aldwarke.

Here the first trip approaches with an empty SSA and HSA wagon for loading.

14000021170_d0c28ae76b_c.jpgTrip arrives by bescotbeast, on Flickr

and here they are ready for loading by an elderly Fuchs F301 grab (old man Wiles who runs South Staffs Metal recycling took pity on it when it came in for scrapping and kept it on, he's also got a soft spot for old buses)

14183377571_8d8300836b_c.jpgFirst wagons in the scrap siding by bescotbeast, on Flickr

• Like 10

Another great update so much operating potential

David

Thanks David for the kind comments, I must thank Rivercider really as it's his many interesting threads on freight traffic in the Bristol area that give me ideas for Pendeford.

Simon

• Like 1

It's a Bachmann model Sean fitted with Legonambiffo sound, the previous owner has renumbered it and weathered it, I've added the wire loops for coupling so as not to lose the lovely pipework. I've got a Heljan 86 and Bachmann 08 going through Lees works which will re-emerge as 8604 "Halleys Comet" and 08805 in Railfreight grey.

Simon

• Like 2

Nice,

But I bet your not looking forward to Ballasting that lot !

That is a job I do seem to keep putting off, too busy buying wagons and trying to write a Trip Notice/WTT.

Simon

Edited by bescotbeast

"Old Man Wiles" (cheek, I'm only 10 years older than you...) will have to bring his big stick of persuasion with him next time he's in your area, the one he uses to encourage his scrappies back to work when they sneak off for a nicotine fix.  He can be very persuasive...

"Old Man Wiles" (cheek, I'm only 10 years older than you...) will have to bring his big stick of persuasion with him next time he's in your area, the one he uses to encourage his scrappies back to work when they sneak off for a nicotine fix.  He can be very persuasive...

Wondered how long it would take for you to spot that comment Mr Wiles.......

Loving the layout, 08805 is a good choice. I had one done in railfreight too as I use to shunt at washwood Heath yard with this loco from time to time. attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thanks for the sneak peak Pikko, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished item shunting Pendeford sidings. By the time I started at Bescot back in 1999 08805 had long gone, resident "Jockos" were a faded rail blue example 08567 and one in EWS maroon.

4866128893_20ee3dd46f_z.jpgBacon snatcher 0500 by bescotbeast, on Flickr

Simon

• Like 4

Hi Bescot Beast, nice layout. Great period to model and lovely choice of stock.

Thanks for popping by Grimley, I agree it's a great period to model that still had some variety in wagons,locos and liveries. Watch this space as I'm still expanding my wagon fleet and constantly looking out for traffic that I could get away with running into and out of Pendeford Wharf.

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you like it ess1uk, i've extended Pendeford Wharf and i'm currently adding point motors to the last unworked points, photos to follow shortly.

Simon

• Like 2

Another update ready for Marks visit tomorrow 

14375339266_02888ed723_c.jpgpanel labeling by bescotbeast, on Flickr

Route setting guide on the panel for easy use of the slips

14211872940_330acb35b4_c.jpgPendeford Wharf by bescotbeast, on Flickr

And Pendeford Wharf has been extended to cope with the multitude of traffic I've lined up thanks to Rivercider and Branksome posting their memories of freight in the 80s.

14369402946_2df49a44c0_c.jpgCat hazard by bescotbeast, on Flickr

Finally an update on Jocko and his love of the layout and it's suntraps

Simon

• Like 5

Jocko looks a lovely cat similar to one of my many cats,my black and white one Thomas liked to sit beside one of my layouts and lift rolling stock off the track as it came by and also sleep in the sun .He would not move even when bumped into by a class 56 ,just look up yawn and go back to sleep!!!! The layout is looking good looking forward to more developments.

• Like 1

Jocko looks a lovely cat similar to one of my many cats,my black and white one Thomas liked to sit beside one of my layouts and lift rolling stock off the track as it came by and also sleep in the sun .He would not move even when bumped into by a class 56 ,just look up yawn and go back to sleep!!!! The layout is looking good looking forward to more developments.

Jocko is the very same, ran my class 37 yesterday blew the horn all the way round, his ears twitched but he still didn't see fit to move till the loco bumped into him........ :O