Glad to see you back on here look forward to the updates :)

David

Thanks David, I'll try and keep up on the updates. Mr Wiles knows the drill that he'll have to pose for the camera on at least one of the days he's here  :no:

Simon

• Like 2

That's a great shot of the yard, Simon, and good to see you back on here.

Al.

Good morning Al, although I've not posted for a while I have been lurking and watching your own progress even down to the fancy "cab view" camera wagon. Thanks for popping by mate.

Simon

Well the first pictures from Marks visit are here to share, first up WombatofLudham and his love of AC Electrics

17058206455_ebc240da6d_b.jpgA message from Mark by bescotbeast, on Flickr

Marks Class 108 passes Pendeford PSB

17032221216_175b61006a_b.jpgPendeford Sidings PSB by bescotbeast, on Flickr

Some yard activity after the arrival of a Speedlink Trunk service from Willesden

16435772944_8c21f2f247_b.jpgyard overview by bescotbeast, on Flickr

37511 passes with the Wednesfield Rd tripper

16435776704_6a918466b1_b.jpgbusy down in the yard by bescotbeast, on Flickr

More pictures to follow soon.

Simon

• Like 9

Hi bescotbeast. Just read the entire thread ... what a terrific layout! Is the bridge over the yard on the level or an incline? And what height are the retaining walls in the yard? Thanks

The bridge over the yard is on a curve and on an incline, the retaining walls are 11.5 cms high.

Thanks again for the quick reply. I'm working on a similar sized two-level layout at the moment and I've been unsure whether to step the retaining walls where the track rises or slope the wall - I've not been able to find any suitable images. Looking at the way you've tackled the incline and bridge over the yard, though, has given me the inspiration I needed. Do you plan to cover this section with the Metcalfe brick paper?

Thanks again for the quick reply. I'm working on a similar sized two-level layout at the moment and I've been unsure whether to step the retaining walls where the track rises or slope the wall - I've not been able to find any suitable images. Looking at the way you've tackled the incline and bridge over the yard, though, has given me the inspiration I needed. Do you plan to cover this section with the Metcalfe brick paper?

Once time and finances permit I will extend the Metcalfes brick paper to the remaining uncovered areas.

Another afternoon mucking about with trains and the soldering iron to fix some issues that cropped up. First up is 85110 on the neck at Pendeford waiting for it's next turn.

17069942515_b10beb21fc_b.jpg85 at rest by bescotbeast, on Flickr

A trip with 47003 "Wild Swan" at the helm tackles the incline

17043979666_3d6e855ea4_b.jpgtrip in the sunlight by bescotbeast, on Flickr

16862551227_9d048f3d9b_b.jpg47003 climbs the bank by bescotbeast, on Flickr

Mark got stuck into shunting the yard, here he makes a "long shunt"

16862553277_d47b9dc3ae_b.jpgMarks long shunt by bescotbeast, on Flickr

The Polybulk loaded with sand was dropped off at the glass factory

16447511524_cd9a64a1cc_b.jpgPolybulk delivered by bescotbeast, on Flickr

"Wild Swan" was the trip engine for the day

17069953255_0cfc525ef5_b.jpgWild Swan by bescotbeast, on Flickr

17069954815_d8e352ca26_b.jpgBescot tripper by bescotbeast, on Flickr

And the last picture is off 47487 passing through with the stock for a New Street to Paddington Intercity on a Oxley to New Street ECS.

• Like 8

The final image from Marks visit is my two Class 20s now coupled as a permanent pairing.

17087499932_e21b3e978e_h.jpgChopper tripper by bescotbeast, on Flickr

The only problem with this pairing is they won't fit in the neck in front of the PSB which will now have to be lengthened by a few inches. Having sold a few bits on ebay I've bought some more brick paper to finish of the retaining walls. 

• Like 6

Simon,

nice to see you back. Pendleford is looking great, I particularly like 47 "Wild Swan", a nice addition.

Are the two choppers powered? If so, how are they connected? As a consist, or decoders matched?

Nice to see the movements and pictures, all looking very good.

Jinty ;-)

Afternoon Jinty, it's good to back really, I've spent far too long away from the layout and having some time to operate it with Mark was a real enjoyable few days that passed by all to quickly I'm afraid.

The two choppers are both powered and simply matched with the same address, although 20063 has a sound chip fitted so can be a bit sluggish responding compared to 20132 which just has a Hattons 21pin chip, i've removed the Bachmann couplings and replaced them with a Heljan bar coupler to make them a semi-permanent set.

Thanks as ever for your comments your own layouts have provided plenty of inspiration form Pendeford Sidings :senile: .

Simon

• Like 1