Nice shots Simon - love to see anything modelling this period.  Unusual version of the Intercity livery on that 47!

Rich

47430 is kindly on loan from Thames 611's incredibly large fleet. It was a Scottish Region loco transferred to Stratford and allocated to the Freightliner LNRB pool.

Hi Simon,

Loving 08601. Deffo a firm favourite from the past. Im sure there was a GWR green one that used to shunt Tyesley too?

Cheers

Trev

Howdo Trev, 08601 is a great addition and firmly places the location within the Black Country for me, if Bachmann release 08604 he will be snapped up for Pendeford yard

28383818540_30af03c210_b.jpg604 (08604) by Albert Murray, on Flickr

• Like 8

Howdo Trev, 08601 is a great addition and firmly places the location within the Black Country for me, if Bachmann release 08604 he will be snapped up for Pendeford yard

my fav 08 always looked froward to new street visits for this one .

some great photo simon hope it was a good day.

Thats the beauty! 604!

Now were right back in the 80's with plenty of loco hauled trains, movements and interest!

Happy days!

Trev :)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Great new video Simon and crew!

As an aside point if you don't mind me asking when/where did you get your Lima Mk3s from?

Rich

Great new video Simon and crew!

As an aside point if you don't mind me asking when/where did you get your Lima Mk3s from?

Rich

Rich, the Lima Mark 3's are wombatofludhams, surprisingly I have quite a bit of stock on loan now to run on Pendeford yard which helps too add to the variety.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Rich, the Lima Mark 3's are wombatofludhams, surprisingly I have quite a bit of stock on loan now to run on Pendeford yard which helps too add to the variety.

Ah! I only asked as I sold three or four Mk3As that had the name transfers on last year, and they looked very similar :) If they were mine, would be nice to know they went to a good home!!!

Keep up the good work.

Rich

Hi Rich, I bought the Lima Mk3s years ago from a stall at an open day, they were in my loft until I got them down to run on Pendeford Yard.  However, with the imminent arrival of the Oxford Mk3s they may yet end up on Thiefbay!

Dave, it was good to meet you and your extensive collection, I'll be editing down the 90+ clips of action from your visit over the next few days.  I may be some time.

• Like 1

I always thought the Lima Mk3 wasn't too bad and the Pullman variant was nice.  Like most Lima Mk3s though they suffer from fragile paint and have what on eBay might be described as "cosmetic blemishes", or more accurately paint loss from having been subjected to two house moves between Staffordshire and Fairbourne via Norfolk.

By the way for those of you on Facebook there is now a Facebook page for Pendeford Sidings if you fancy having a butchers.

• Like 4

Well on a roll after Dave and Marks visit, I've been tackling some long overdue jobs and running the layout with the Locos that Dave has temporarily transferred to the Pendeford Yard allocation

08623, Toton allocated and part of the Midlands Coal pool FHZZ, rests up with 08805

34426189525_6bb42c9dcf_b.jpgJocko line up by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

47289 part of Tinsleys Speedlink pool FGWA, waits for it's TOPS list before it departs with a Speedlink Trunk service to Whitemoor.

34295206161_2065a4b566_b.jpgSpeedlink Trunk by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

As Mark has mentioned, we now have a Facebook page for those of you on that media https://www.facebook.com/Pendeford-Yard-216950932139565/?view_public_for=216950932139565

Edited by bescotbeast
  • Like 10

The good news Dave is, I stripped the running gear of 08623 and cleaned the pickups, this has cured the poor running and it's now done a number of circuits of the layout at slow and high speed to bed it in.

• Like 1

Hey Simon,

That is good news. For my first, have a go yourself loco, it seems to be the most indestructible one I own.

I appreciate you doing that mate. Thank you very much.

Dave.

No worries Dave, least I could do seeing as you've trusted me with 3 members of your collection. Watch out for 08623 making an appearance on youtube soon.

• Like 1