Hi,

No way was going to ask if you are in the Wolverhampton area, then I seen the graffiti on your video lol not going to believe this but I think we might be neibours.

Lovely layout nice one.

Lee

Hi,

No way was going to ask if you are in the Wolverhampton area, then I seen the graffiti on your video lol not going to believe this but I think we might be neibours.

Lovely layout nice one.

Lee

Morning Lee, I used to live in Pendeford back in 1999 to 2001 but I now live down south in Newhaven.

Layout is looking good chap :-)

Cheers Lee, you've made me blush mucker.

The slug looks good mate like the etched plates

Thanks Andi, trying slowly to get my fleet up to scratch.

Octobers edition of "Pendeford Yard Today" has been uploaded and is available here 

Lewis in Lewes???

Local Playboy found in burnt effigy!!!!!!

Mr Hefner having a cheapo cremation maybe????

After all he'd flogged most of it!!!

Superb Simon, I'm awaiting the Strictly Come Sheepdipping with bated breath!

Love the steel 37's, keep them coming.

Jinty ;)

• Like 5

Lewis in Lewes???

Local Playboy found in burnt effigy!!!!!!

Mr Hefner having a cheapo cremation maybe????

After all he'd flogged most of it!!!

Superb Simon, I'm awaiting the Strictly Come Sheepdipping with bated breath!

Love the steel 37's, keep them coming.

Jinty ;)

If it's keeping you on the edge of your seat Jinty, then "mission accomplished"

Hello mate,

Yet another great instalment of the yard. Looking forwards to come over again soon and bringing some new stock to run in.

Speak soon mate,

Dave.

Cheers Dave, some scenes were from your last visit , looking forward to seeing you at Christmas (hopefully with the family and new stock)

Love the video mate,

Adslots has me in stitches, oh, keep up the excellent work on the layout.

Regards Jeff

Cheers Jeff, it's great to see people enjoying the hard work Mark,Dave (when he visits) and myself put in. There will be more to come with new locos making appearances. 

• Like 3

Very nice Simon just missing a bone on the MGRs mate but the 20s make very good standin. Its a pity that you cant fit dcc sound to the wagons so we can hear the squeak and squeal great video mate 

I'd love a 58 Andi but they seem to go for silly money over on thiefbay, on the sound front you are spot on, the squeak of the HAA wagons would complete the scene

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Simon,

How’s it going mate, I hope alls well.

I like the effect you’ve got going on with the streaking down the sides of the wagons, must have taken you awhile. Worth the effort though by the looks of it.

Speak soon mate,

Dave

Edited by Thames 611
  • Like 1

Hey Simon,

How’s it going mate, I hope alls well.

I like the effect you’ve got going on with the streaking down the sides of the wagons, must have taken you awhile. Worth the effort though by the looks of it.

Speak soon mate,

Dave

Afternoon Dave,

Great to hear from you, looking forward to seeing you nearer to Christmas mate.

The weathering is Humbrol Coal black enamel paint thinned with thinners, applied as a wash and then I "pulled" the paint downwards when it was tacky with a piece of kitchen towel. I dry brushed the underframe with some Humbrol brick red to try and highlight areas of rust around the springs and axle boxes.

The Thornaby fleet is expanding with a bargain of ebay and two 37/5 from our good friend and "enabler" Lee Bolger.

See you soon mate

Simon

• Like 1

37506 arrived in the post today, this is my bargain buy of ebay. This will be sent away and resprayed as 37503 "British Steel Shelton" in work worn Railfreight grey.37573217250_154f082f22_b.jpg37506 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

As well as this I've got two more 37's being resprayed, one will be 37692 in Railfreight grey (part of Cardiffs Coal pool) and 37688 "Great Rocks" in Triple grey Construction livery.

• Like 7

I'm always on the look out for ways to expand the variety of my wagon fleet. First up is an old Lima tanker that was in their range, many years ago. All I've done is change the bogies for some Cast Y25 bogies from Bachmann, add some weight,replace the buffers and paint the underframe in Halfords satin black. The second wagon is again from the old Lima range and is a PCA, the premise here is that the glass works on my layout, is trailing sand being delivered from BIS Oakamoor in two of these wagons, on hire from Tiger. The work so far, has involved adding some weight, NEM couplers and new wheels from Bachmann.

24102543308_672d3896f6_h.jpgLima Pfizer tanker by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

26178132179_d5904b3262_h.jpgPCA tanker by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Edited by bescotbeast
  • Like 8

Hey Simon,

How's it going. I got a few of them pca wagons if you want a couple or so more. They are all made up and in good condition, just need a bit of weathering and they'll be good to go mate. Let me know if you do and I'll bring em down.

Regards,

Dave.

Hey Simon,

How's it going. I got a few of them pca wagons if you want a couple or so more. They are all made up and in good condition, just need a bit of weathering and they'll be good to go mate. Let me know if you do and I'll bring em d

Two wagons should be enough, in my mind it's a Mon and Thu working , Monday unloading then Tuesday they get attached to the loaded Clayliner to the Potteries and then return on Wednesday's return empties, tripped up on Thursday morning, Friday return again to the Potteries.

• Like 1