Hi Simon,

Superb video, your loco fleet and stock has certainly grown. It's always nice to see a few Peds floating around as Bescot did have a few and the class 50 on clay was a nice touch too. 

My only comment re the stock is 47003 could do with a bit of matt varnish over the decals as the gloss does show up a bit. The new Hornby class 87 looks very good I am sure a few more might turn up.

Cheers Peter.

Morning Peter, thanks for watching and commenting mate. The fleet is now up to 58 locos/DMUs and is still growing with two more Class 37's, a Class 90 and a 117 DMU on pre-order. You're right my varnishing does let me down and it's not only 47003 but 31281 that has an issue that I need to address at some point. The Class 87 is a cracking model and with Biffs sounds it's a complete picture much like my collection of 5 x 31's now.

Simon

• Like 1

Morning Peter, thanks for watching and commenting mate. The fleet is now up to 58 locos/DMUs and is still growing with two more Class 37's, a Class 90 and a 117 DMU on pre-order. You're right my varnishing does let me down and it's not only 47003 but 31281 that has an issue that I need to address at some point. The Class 87 is a cracking model and with Biffs sounds it's a complete picture much like my collection of 5 x 31's now.

Simon

Evening Simon, Just had my tea. lol No worries I was going to mention your tanker train too I remember seeing the Esso 100 t tankers at Eastleigh and always thought they where quite an impressive wagon. Some 117 DMUs will certainly be at home, you could probably do with some EMUs too though nothing available  RTR yet. 

I am sure the class 90 will a great model. 

Cheers Peter.

Lovely video. The 87 with sound is definitely very nice and brings back memories travelling from New Street Station when I was younger. 

Mike 

I'm quite partial to an Electric loco or two so the 87 was a must, had many a trip behind one to either New Street or Piccadilly from Stoke.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Simon,

Looking good - you've really got the West Midlands mix on trains and motive power down to a tee!  I do keep looking in, but don't like just commenting 'great' every time!! Latest Pendeford Today came out great as well :)

Rich

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 20/03/2019 at 08:27, vulcan product fan said:

Hi Simon are you upgrading or disposing of the railway mate ?

Having a bit of a change it looks to me.

latest video (no30) is good

• 11 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Guys,
I don't think Simon has been on rmWeb for a while, but just happened to look at his YouTube feed today and noticed he's still doing the video's ... so in the spirit of sharing within this time, this is the link to the May 2020 one. The video is nothing to do with me of course, just posting to as I thought others may be interested.  I hope Simon can update us on things at some point as its a superb layout.

Rich

• Like 8

On ‎09‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 15:40, MarshLane said:

Hi Guys,
I don't think Simon has been on rmWeb for a while, but just happened to look at his YouTube feed today and noticed he's still doing the video's ... so in the spirit of sharing within this time, this is the link to the May 2020 one. The video is nothing to do with me of course, just posting to as I thought others may be interested.  I hope Simon can update us on things at some point as its a superb layout.

Rich

Looks good video this one Rich.

I normaly follow this layout on fb...and youtube..

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, saxokid said:

Looks good video this one Rich.

I normaly follow this layout on fb...and youtube..

I am one of the FB luggites!  I have an account by look at it one or twice a month, then shut the app quickly as there's just too much stuff and id never find anything subsequently!  More a forum/blog person me!!

Must say I enjoyed it, Simon (or whomever of his friends sorts it out for him) does well with these.

Rich

• Like 2

Wow, talk about raising the dead...as "co-producer", and editor, I can give an update.  A while back Railfreight moved out of the yard and it was transferred to the engineers.  Freight passes the yard, and sometimes stages there for crew changes but the majority of the traffic is now engineering stock.  Of course, being engineering stock it is very varied and of interest, and Simon has been busy modifying stock to represent some of the weird and wonderful stuff the Civils staff used.

So Pendeford Yard is still active but in a different way, and the videos will continue.  If you are not a Facebook fan you can go direct to YouTube where the latest video will be on the Pendeford Sidings channel.  The next edition will feature an open day, something different.

As we say at Teledu Mawddach, "mwnhewch".

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, MarshLane said:

I am one of the FB luggites!  I have an account by look at it one or twice a month, then shut the app quickly as there's just too much stuff and id never find anything subsequently!  More a forum/blog person me!!

Must say I enjoyed it, Simon (or whomever of his friends sorts it out for him) does well with these.

Rich

I tend to post on here,fb groups and youtube for Banks road...

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Bit of an update on Pendeford Yard.  The videos have been "off air" for a while as Simon is rebuilding the layout.  The upper level has now gone (it had become increasingly unreliable due to point motor problems and the difficulty of gaining access to the track) and in it's place a new set of exchange sidings has been laid, which will feed into a new steel works, allowing industrial locos and steel traffic to feature.  About 50% of the layout is being reworked which is taking some time.  However, we have been keeping people updated with a series of update videos which are on the YouTube channel ( Pendeford Yard YouTube Channel ) as "Updates".

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 months later...

It's been a very longtime since I posted on here but with the changes that I've made I thought I'd explain in person. 

As Mark stated above , I did a rebuild by removing the upper section of Pendeford Yard, this was partly due to operating issues and also trying to find the spark I had when I first built the layout all those years ago. After the rebuild I was frankly still looking for that "buzz" and after a month or two the penny dropped that I still wasn't satisfied with the "new" layout.

I come from North Staffordshire and have always had an interest in my local lines, seeing that someone produces North Staffordshire Rly signal boxes over on shapeways got me thinking. Back in the early 90's I'd attempted to recreate Milton Junction as it was in the early seventies, it's always struck me as an interesting location for anyone with an interest in freight. The layout died during birth but the idea always stayed with me. Finding that someone produces Knotty boxes kickstarted my Milton Jcn layout idea. 

The layout would be set during the 1974 period, some compression with the track layout would have to be made. To add extra interest Leek station was saved and retained an hourly service to Stoke station. The Bullers industrial insulator factory just to the North of Milton station, which had used Rail, was still using the railway to transport in china clay and export it's finished products. Likewise, the old British Aluminium site across Redhills road that had been taken over by, I think Johnson Brothers, also used the railway to export it's finished products, giving me a reason to run a tripper to Milton and undertake some shunting in-between running trains through the layout.

So after formulating a plan and some sketched plans, I went to Mark and told him of my idea, then it was to see the Boss to get her blessing. Once I'd done that, it was a month of track lifting and scraping the baseboards. It was sad to see Pendeford Yard go but after 10 years I felt like a change of era and location.

I will get round to posting some pictures on here to show what's been done but for those of you on FB here is my new page Down the Junction | Facebook

Edited by bescotbeast
clarified some wording
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3