21 hours ago, woodenhead said:

I like Pendeford in it's original guise, and the videos were certainly fun, the adverts being a delight.

Looking forward to seeing the new model develop and being 1974 it will be very blue.

I'm glad you liked the "adverts", the non-railway B******ology was my input.  I must admit I was a bit concerned some people might find it tiresome and would prefer raw model railway footage, especially as I tend to have a peculiar sense of humour.

There will be a best of PYT video when I can put aside some time to have a furtle through my two external hard drives of footage, to officially close down Bescot Television.  If we can keep Preston Montford and Dilys Willis sober enough to do the voice overs, that is.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

OK folks, all good things come to an end.  As Simon is now well advanced on his rebuild of his layout to model the real Milton Junction in the Potteries, we're closing down Bescot Television with a nearly 90 minute look back at the Pendeford Yard series.  It was actually quite difficult to condense over 40 episodes of the show but hopefully it'll show how the layout developed, as well as when things didn't quite go to plan.  There's also a reprise of the infamous Cock Marling adverts and some other classics for those of you who like them.

It'll premiere on Sunday afternoon if you want to look in live.  It's not like there's anything interesting on the telly right now, some men kicking a bag of wind around and a lot of strawberry sucking folk watching some people trying to swat bluebottles over a lawn, so why not tune in.

The Very Last Pendeford Yard Today

Edited by wombatofludham
  • Like 7

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Sad that Pendeford yard had to close, but I'm looking forward to seeing the new layout build progress. 

I'm just going to re-post these shots of my favorite part of the layout, Hickmans glass works sidings. That area certainly had an atmosphere about it. 

image.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 02/11/2021 at 00:29, simon b said:

Sad that Pendeford yard had to close, but I'm looking forward to seeing the new layout build progress. 

I'm just going to re-post these shots of my favorite part of the layout, Hickmans glass works sidings. That area certainly had an atmosphere about it. 

image.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Simon, it warms my heart to see that people really enjoyed Pendeford Yard. I enjoyed building the layout and learnt some lessons along the way. Hickmans glass works was named after my good friend Richard Hickman who I worked with back in 1998 when I started with Railtrack. Overtime elements of the layout bugged me, and I did try and effect remedies to the issues that arose but the point was reached where I wanted to do something different .So after much thinking and discussion I made the difficult choice to scrap the layout.

My new layout as I've said before is one I did dabble with briefly back in 1995ish, back then I based the track plan off pictures and I had no access to WTTs or trip notices.  This time around I've managed to source track plans, WTTs, pictures and some anecdotal stories from people who worked the box, I'm hoping this leads to an "almost" accurate portrayal of the location.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1