My stock collection keeps expanding (almost as much as Jintys  :scared: ), here is a Hornby Class 110 DMU that I've just bought off a lad at work. The plan is to convert this into a Class 104 unit based at Chester and is a long term project, the first step will be to get it running on DCC and stripping the paint work off.

15060790919_6247cec410_h.jpgHornby Class 110 by bescotbeast, on Flickr

Following on the DCE theme, here is a Dapol GRAMPUS wagon resprayed and weathered just awaiting some transfers.

15247532765_392693ac07_h.jpgDapol ZBO grampus by bescotbeast, on Flickr

More to follow on this front as I've another GRAMPUS in the post from Liverpool, seeing what Jinties accomplished with his own GRAMPUS wagons I think i'll follow suit and put it into Dutch livery.

Simon

• Like 6

Here it is Simon,

I used a Lokpilot V4.0, and 2 x Lokpilot V4.0 FX (Function only) decoders in it, the ESU pick-ups that fit nicely onto the bogies as well.

The lighting was easy, drill out the marker lamps to approx. 2mm, fit bi-colour, common positive (red/yellow) lighthouse LED's from Express Models, and some lighting strip (supposed to be self adhesive, but not!!!) Oh and cut away the drivers desk and the front face inside the chassis, or it won't go back together!!!!! :imsohappy:

Here are a couple of pictures........... ;)

post-14906-0-28346400-1410794983_thumb.jpg

Forward.....

post-14906-0-42633800-1410794993_thumb.jpg

Reverse, you can only just make out the red of the lamps.....

post-14906-0-11372600-1410795003_thumb.jpg

F0 turns the directional lights on/off, F1 turns the interior lights on/off!!!!!

Hope it helps, ask if you want any more info......... :imsohappy: :imsohappy: :yes:

Jinty ;-)

• Like 3

Lol, like the referances!!!!!

I DCC'd a Hornby 101 3-car a little while ago for a mate of mine, used 3 ESU decoders in it, and it was easy to put directional lighting in too!!! I've got some pics somewhere!!!

Jinty ;-)

I look forward to seeing that Jinty as I was thinking along the lines of 1 chip with a jumper cable between each car, I woudn't call it references more like "pinching" your ideas  :O

• Like 1

Here it is Simon,

I used a Lokpilot V4.0, and 2 x Lokpilot V4.0 FX (Function only) decoders in it, the ESU pick-ups that fit nicely onto the bogies as well.

The lighting was easy, drill out the marker lamps to approx. 2mm, fit bi-colour, common positive (red/yellow) lighthouse LED's from Express Models, and some lighting strip (supposed to be self adhesive, but not!!!) Oh and cut away the drivers desk and the front face inside the chassis, or it won't go back together!!!!! :imsohappy:

Here are a couple of pictures........... ;)

attachicon.gif10101.jpg

Forward.....

attachicon.gif10102.jpg

Reverse, you can only just make out the red of the lamps.....

attachicon.gif10103.jpg

F0 turns the directional lights on/off, F1 turns the interior lights on/off!!!!!

Hope it helps, ask if you want any more info......... :imsohappy: :imsohappy: :yes:

Jinty ;-)

Now you've put the pictures up and a shopping list it may be easier to do it your way, stand by for many many questions etc  :angel:

• Like 1

No worries,

You don't have to use ESU, you can use DCC concepts S4SAP for the motor unit and 2 x Function only DCC Concepts decoders, be somewhat cheaper!!!! I'm just an ESU whore!!!!! :O :o

I suggest decent decoders as the Hornby motor bogie isn't the smoothest, and a good decoder will help the running no end. :locomotive:

Jinty ;-)

Edited by Jintyman

• 2 weeks later...

Well my latest acquisition arrived this morning 47593 "Galloway Princess" 

15174724427_dd9419134b_h.jpg47593 or 47487 by bescotbeast, on Flickr

My intention is too renumber this into 47487 which was in Intercity Livery and was part of Crewe's FTLC Chemical pool of locos. She can then work in traffic from Ellesmere Port to Pendeford Sidings. I need to change the battery box/fuel tank arangement as well as a few touches with the paintbrush

4869684607_516c04692f_z.jpg1987.06.13.saturday.carlisle.6am.47487.37xxx.-14Q by Steve75C, on Flickr, Picture by Steve Parker

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Hi Simon

I take it that's a Heljan as it looks like the one I bought on ebay and found that it was one of their early efforts where the upper bodyside colour is almost black and wrong. I resprayed just the upper body with the correct colour and found a loco without 'Inter City' branding so I didn't have to buy transfers! (47549 Royal Mail).

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/3975-exford-park/page-22  (From post 538)

Follow this link to see my efforts.

Will you make it to the Worthing show on Sunday by chance?

Hi Simon

I take it that's a Heljan as it looks like the one I bought on ebay and found that it was one of their early efforts where the upper bodyside colour is almost black and wrong. I resprayed just the upper body with the correct colour and found a loco without 'Inter City' branding so I didn't have to buy transfers! (47549 Royal Mail).

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/3975-exford-park/page-22  (From post 538)

Follow this link to see my efforts.

Will you make it to the Worthing show on Sunday by chance?

Yeah It;s a Heljan 47 Ian, I've got a soft spot for them and once I saw this one I scoured my 88 ABC for a suitable loco and 47487 fits the bill nicely. Now you've pointed out the colour problem I'll tackle that as removing the tampo printed nameplate and numbers is going to leave some blemishes (another job too do :nono: ). I can make it on Sunday afternoon on the train to Durrington-on-Sea and walk up to the show.

Simon

Hi Simon,

47487 was the first class 47 painted into Inter City livery and the yellow comes over the doors. Black headcode boxes too.

Cheers Peter.

Cheers Peter I never noticed the yellow extending to the doors, the black headcode box was only at the one end which makes this livery even more interesting. Looks like I need to strip the bodyshell back and do a complete respray  :scared: , still i'm up for the challenge

6956564869_7a78c43b05_z.jpg47487 is seen with 37077 and 56134 at Thornaby Depot. I Cuthbertson collection by I C railway photo's, on Flickr 

• Like 3

No worries Simon,

Sorry to give you more work. You should still get away with only having to respray the top half.

Cheers Peter.

I think that's the route I'll take Peter, anymore and it will become to complex. I'll pop upstairs shortly and start the masking off. The only thing i'm lacking is Railmatch warning yellow...... :scratchhead: Can anyone recommend which Fox transfers I'll need for the really small numbers?? I have had a look on the website but drawn a blank on the pack needed

I think that's the route I'll take Peter, anymore and it will become to complex. I'll pop upstairs shortly and start the masking off. The only thing i'm lacking is Railmatch warning yellow...... :scratchhead: Can anyone recommend which Fox transfers I'll need for the really small numbers?? I have had a look on the website but drawn a blank on the pack needed

If you give them a ring and manage to speak to Mike, he'll probably know the number off the top of his head!!!!!

Jinty ;-)

And don't forget to get rid of that incandescent lighting in the Heljan 47, for LED's!!!!!!!

By the way you were lucky to get the lighting bars out in one piece, they usually fly across the room when I remove them! I have 1mm fibre optic ready and waiting!!! :O

JInty ;-)