one of the marker light light bars has snapped Jinty but I managed to retrieve the piece from the floor before the cats got hold of it.

It seems that cats and railway modellers go together nicely. I've seen loads of pictures that include cats either snoozing away or showing interest on the workbench.

My two cats are constantly sitting taking notice of happenings, one of them runs off if I switch the sound on though!!!!! :stinker:

Jinty ;-)

Edited to add, you don't need the bars for the lighting kit!!!!!!!!!!! lol :jester:

Edited by Jintyman

Had some time for Pendeford sidings today after a few days away from it due to work, anyway added another scenic break/screen to break the background to the rear of the wharf.

15412543642_727f4ab4fd_b.jpgnew screen by bescotbeast, on Flickr

08805 also escaped and ran a trip up to Ellis sdgs with some VEA vans

15412542492_1669b1287f_b.jpg08805 shunts Ellis sdgs by bescotbeast, on Flickr

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...

A minor update as I've not managed to do much with all the building disruption, anyway scanned the map from my 1988 freight WTT and added Pendeford sidings and loop

14988092774_0fdbe98936_h.jpg1988 LMR Section CT WTT Map by bescotbeast, on Flickr

With the Oxley chord trains from  Shrewsbury, Crewe can call at the sidings as well as traffic from Bescot.

Edited by bescotbeast
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Very good, and I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who tries to get the documentation correct for their layout!

I'm currently (slowly) doing a working timetable, loco diagram extracts and trip working book pages for one of my layouts. Good idea to do the WWT diagram too :)

• Like 2

Very good, and I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who tries to get the documentation correct for their layout!

I'm currently (slowly) doing a working timetable, loco diagram extracts and trip working book pages for one of my layouts. Good idea to do the WWT diagram too :)

We'll have to put our heads together and swap ideas etc. I've got some documentation and WTTs so feel free if you are after anything. As you say I too like to run my layout like the real railway so I've got a WTT , Rule book and Pink pages all to hand as well as idiot guides to forming trips up etc.

Simon

• Like 1

Rule book and Pink pages all to hand as well as idiot guides to forming trips up etc.

Simon

Hey great map showing how it fits in, at least I'll know where to come for advice on my trips.......

Jinty ;-)

• Like 1

Hey great map showing how it fits in, at least I'll know where to come for advice on my trips.......

Jinty ;-)

Thanks Jinty after seeing your BR Passenger map I thought I'd better update my own offering, trips we can do to Wrexbury just speak to our local Area Manager  :drag:

Nice map Simon,

I still have my pink pages and rule book somewhere.

Cheers Peter.

I'll be candid Pete mine were obtained of ebay, my own issue is an EWS one so not in period for my strict view of everything from 1988  :O

Managed to find sometime for the layout yesterday afternoon so I revisited my fiddle yard and with some thought managed to gain another 8" :jester: of space towards the window which is a big benefit and enable my trains to look more realistic length wise, I've also being using Metcalfes Engineering blue brick paper to start cladding my retaining walls.

15436124837_50975b3c86_h.jpgfiddle extension by bescotbeast, on Flickr

15001365724_3bb36fc7db_h.jpgYard vista by bescotbeast, on Flickr

15598439746_2e33e25dc7_h.jpgoperating area by bescotbeast, on Flickr

Paper work and operating notes attached to the block shelf include the pull out section from the Pink pages as well as siding allocation in Pendeford sidings

15436000208_8a0009485a_h.jpg08805 by bescotbeast, on Flickr

15436123477_c10977fa46_h.jpg08805a by bescotbeast, on Flickr

15622132945_414ef9bf37_h.jpgCardiff Tidal to Pendeford sdgs by bescotbeast, on Flickr

Trainload Metals have started anew service from Cardiff Tidal to Pendeford sdgs, it conveys scrap, wire coil for Pendeford wharf and traffic for Wednesfield road sdgs. 37905 will work the train to Pendeford then run L/E to Saltley.

15622965352_1de055d507_h.jpgWednesfield tripper comes a calling by bescotbeast, on Flickr

Wednesfield tripper wait to call at Pendeford sdgs where it will collect traffic dropped off the Cardiff service.

Well thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy my pictures.

• Like 12

The brick retaining wall looks good and the ballasted sidings are excellent.  I particularly like the point motor boxes on the double slip.  I was thinking a little grassy vegetation along the roadway in front of the sidings, and between the tracks might help it look like a workday yard,  You'd get a little weed growth in places even in a busy yard, and even on a concrete road there would be some weed growth in the cracks.

Nevertheless the scenic are looking great, such a transformation.

The brick retaining wall looks good and the ballasted sidings are excellent.  I particularly like the point motor boxes on the double slip.  I was thinking a little grassy vegetation along the roadway in front of the sidings, and between the tracks might help it look like a workday yard,  You'd get a little weed growth in places even in a busy yard, and even on a concrete road there would be some weed growth in the cracks.

Nevertheless the scenic are looking great, such a transformation.

Thanks for the comments Mark, I should have done the retaining walls along time back but as ever with most modelers I was too busy buying stock. I do intend adding some weeds etc to the layout and you've gave me some new areas to add to the list which given time I hope to add along with discarded sleepers and rails.

One niggle that has come to light is I've currently got two locos that I can't reprogram with my Roco multimaus (I have read that it's a voltage issue) so currently the 31 and 85 are laid up until I can reprogram their CV numbers, I am looking at creating a reprogramming plank using a SPROG2.

One niggle that has come to light is I've currently got two locos that I can't reprogram with my Roco multimaus (I have read that it's a voltage issue) so currently the 31 and 85 are laid up until I can reprogram their CV numbers, I am looking at creating a reprogramming plank using a SPROG2.

Hi Simon,

All looking great, moving on a pace too.

As far as the Sprog 2 is concerned, it's a great bit of kit, I've had one for about 12 months now and it's been an invaluable tool (when I remember to use it!!!!! lol)

I see you use the Multimaus, I love those units, they are so nice to use, I have one myself that I use as one of my slaves for my LH100, but I'm looking for another so I can chuck the Compact I'm currently using as another slave.

I love your Slug, very nice indeed, as is the metals working.

JInty ;-)

Hi Simon,

All looking great, moving on a pace too.

As far as the Sprog 2 is concerned, it's a great bit of kit, I've had one for about 12 months now and it's been an invaluable tool (when I remember to use it!!!!! lol)

I see you use the Multimaus, I love those units, they are so nice to use, I have one myself that I use as one of my slaves for my LH100, but I'm looking for another so I can chuck the Compact I'm currently using as another slave.

I love your Slug, very nice indeed, as is the metals working.

JInty ;-)

Any advice regarding the Sprog2 would be gratefully received Jinty, glad you like the stock and I've still not got as much as you and Wrexbury  :O

Hi Simon, 

Some great progress, the wall looks good. It's always good to have a working timetable as it give a point to running and shunting the trains. Fifth shot down is my favourite I spent a few hours on the front step of a few 08s and 09s. Still have my Bardic lamp.

Keep up the good work,

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Great update

David

Thanks David

Hi Simon, 

Some great progress, the wall looks good. It's always good to have a working timetable as it give a point to running and shunting the trains. Fifth shot down is my favourite I spent a few hours on the front step of a few 08s and 09s. Still have my Bardic lamp.

Keep up the good work,

Cheers Peter.

Thanks for the comments Peter, I'll be honest I do look at Llanbourne and Wrexbury for ideas etc. My own Bardic was sold on ebay many years ago but I've still got my grease covered shunters waterproof siting in the loft along with a few other bits from over the years.

Edited by bescotbeast

Really great photos there Simon, it's coming on a treat, love the long views down the yard.

Morning Al and thanks for the kind comments, with each little bit of scenic work I do the views do get better, cash flow at the moment is what's putting a brake on more work.

Any advice regarding the Sprog2 would be gratefully received Jinty

Hi Simon,

My only advice would be to get stuck in!!!! If you haven't got the unit yet, ensure that you get the correct power source for it.

It's quite easy, and there are a couple of tutorials on the JMRI site, as well as help on here.

Jinty ;-)