Update time, bought two wagons of ebay one is a PAA "Grainflow" wagon and the other is a Lima Continental open wagon which i'm hoping to adapt into something similar to this Belgian Ffs open wagon http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/belgianopen

17168890091_fecf73f606_h.jpgTwo new wagons by bescotbeast, on Flickr

and Pendeford wharf has another tower light in position.

16983333629_d1e3d53f36_h.jpgNew tower light in the wharf by bescotbeast, on Flickr

Edited by bescotbeast
  • Like 9

Hi Simon,

I like the 'Grainflow' wagon, quite hard to get hold of too!!!!

Light towers are great looking too.

Jinty ;-)

I was lucky Jinty in that I got this one for just under a fiver, I would like another one to go with it but it's a cse of keeping an eye out for a well priced one on ebay. I'm always on the lookout for wagons to expand the traffic into and out Pendeford wharf and this will be used for some seasonal grain traffic from Staffordshire to Birkenhead. When the finances will aloow I intend buying another tower light for Pendeford sidings opposite the offices and next to the C&W sdg.

Looking good

David

Always good to have a visit from you David, thanks for the praise mate  :sungum:

• Like 2

One minor point about the lighting tower - how does the truck drive round it if both the sidings are occupied?  Perhaps that's why BRS are still missing a 1972 Scania in 1988!

I've checked and you can get round either side Mr Wiles, still the Lorry is part of their "Heritage" fleet  :nono:

• Like 3

Just bought another loco (word of warning don't take any calls from wombatofludham, it's his fault i've bought this loco) all will be revealed when it arrives but other than that i've been too busy to touch the layout. I need to set some time aside to finish of a few jobs and projects that I've started but not finished.

Simon

• Like 1

Oh yes, like I held a gun to your head and forced you to buy the item in question....

You know you're a bad influence Mark, many of my purchases have resulted form a telephone call or email from Wales starting with "Have you seen this............."  :beee:

• Like 1

Well I've finally finished cladding the main retaining walls in brick paper, just need to complete the parapet walls and the job will be complete.

17122675968_71ed397097_h.jpgretaining wall finished by bescotbeast, on Flickr

Also posed 86504 on the blocks on the "long neck" the loco may be dead but she still looks good.

17122675438_d90dd9b18b_h.jpg86504 on the neck by bescotbeast, on Flickr

• Like 9

There's nowt wrong with buying locos Simon. You can't have too many!!!

I've just bought yet another 47 off my main supplier!!!!!!

I like that 85 in the headshunt, she might be dead, but a lovely looking model all the same!!!

Jinty ;-)

There's nowt wrong with buying locos Simon. You can't have too many!!!

I've just bought yet another 47 off my main supplier!!!!!!

I like that 85 in the headshunt, she might be dead, but a lovely looking model all the same!!!

Jinty ;-)

According to Hermes my new "loco" arrives today, photos too follow once it's unwrapped and fitted with a chip.

Well the latest arrival is here at Pendeford Sidings, it's a Heljan Class 86 214 "Sans Pareli".

17136387330_9aabd45abf_b.jpg86214 ECS by bescotbeast, on Flickr

The plan is to repaint and renumber the loco to become 86501 "Talyllyn"

5943914796_bbb7466af1_z.jpgClass86_86501_Crewe_17_July_1988 by DMC1947, on Flickr

86214 ran fine on it's own but when I added a short rake of coaches she stalled at the crest of the summit. From testing the loco it became apparent it was down to one bogie not being powered, stripping the bogie down revealed that one of the gears was the incorrect size, fortunately a rummage in my Heljan spares box produced a spare Class 47 bogie and the correct gear was salvaged from this bogie.

17116512417_3f6968f0eb_h.jpgmissing gear by bescotbeast, on Flickr

Anyway after I'd fixed the issue with the incorrect gear I put 86214 through it's paces

17137719489_c3959b0e1a_b.jpgPendeford to Willesden by bescotbeast, on Flickr

17136389720_f8417581fb_b.jpgacross the junction by bescotbeast, on Flickr

17323543921_ae2398cc0f_b.jpgAL6 on the blocks by bescotbeast, on Flickr

• Like 9

Like the 86 Simon, great looking loco, will look nice as "Talyllyn" too.

Jinty ;-)

Thanks Jinty, just need to source a nameplate and some Intercity Light executive Grey spray paint (might have a look in Halfords to see if I can find a close match)

Thanks Jinty, just need to source a nameplate and some Intercity Light executive Grey spray paint (might have a look in Halfords to see if I can find a close match)

I've always found Shawplan good for plates, but they're showing apteryxes where the price code should be, maybe worth a call. If not, Guilplates are very good.

There was a thread somewhere on here about Halfords car colours and their matching railway associated colours.

Jinty ;-)