Supposedly Peugeot Antelope Beige is the closest, but I don't think it's that close.

Edit: realise I'm late to the party! Really like your Class 86 resprays. Look the business! I have 86214. I'd love 86401 in NSE and an RfD one. Problem is finding Heljan Class 86 donors!

The only Halfords colour that's let me down so far has been the Rover Tempest Grey but this may be because I sprayed it on top of the White Primer and not a Grey primer, the Lada Cream is absolutely spot on in my eyes. I'm also on the lookout for some more Heljan Class 86s but as you say they don't appear very often. I'd also love 86401 to run on the layout as well as 86426 in it's "Electric" blue livery, i'm also minded to do a 86/2 whilst i'm at it.

Hi Simon, 

Nice set of pics too, I really like the look of the Ford Cargo BRS truck rental is that a new model.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks for the compliment Peter, the Ford Cargo is the new Oxford Diecast model and I'm hoping they go for the next logical step and release a BR crew bus variant.

More great pictures keep them coming

David

Cheers David, my friend Richard was the brains behind the pictures, he must have spent nearly an hour looking for spots to photograph.

• 2 weeks later...

A round up of pictures from when my friend Shane came to visit and also to show what i've been up to over the last week, firstly Shane and myself went to Morris Models in Lancing and came away with a few items, I bought another Heljan Class 86 which will be transformed in 86240 "Bishop Eric Treacy" as well as a new Hornby MK2E BSO, a Hornby Air braked brake van and a Heljan Cargo wagon flat, Shane came away with another Sprinter (he loves them and has 4 now)

18336420989_8ee389b84f_b.jpgAnother Heljan 86 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

18334914580_52a2faab2a_b.jpg86240 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

17899912624_f4ef50daff_b.jpgShanes Sprinter by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

18524549161_9cb3fa7056_b.jpg86/4 Speedlink Departure by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

18518200262_6be7e57a56_b.jpgInterfrigo by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

incoming update  :O , right a new addition for the commercial road vehicle fleet, the new DAF articualted lorry from Oxford Diecast

18491084423_9bac9ec259_b.jpgDAF lorry by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Also when my friend shane visited he brought with him a Heljan Class 58 and this prompted me to lament the lack of a suitable run round facility for MGR trains much like I;d seen from my times spent working at Bescot, so after some discussion a plan was formulated and I plan on lifting the under used "Wiles" sdg (sorry Mark) and extending the headshunt opposite the PSB to a new connection giving me a Bi-direction goods loop, my only choice now is where to commence the connection?

18924113638_b6ca2bac4b_b.jpggoods line by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Do I start it on the level? plus point it's easy to install the points here and less work - negative point it's quite a distance from the crossover

19111736135_da5f692c0a_b.jpgoption 1 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Do I start it on the gradient? plus point it's a suitable distance from the crossover and will give a longer goods loop and run round facility negative point it's more work and slightly more destructive 

18924020450_d8063014a5_b.jpgoption 2 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

any help or thoughts welcome.

• Like 2

Hi Simon,

My Ford Cargo arrived today and now I see a the new DAF, just right for my 85 to 87 time period. The ford is a great little model.

Not sure about the point positions without seeing a track plan I can't quite work out whats what.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Simon,

I don't think I have seen the whole plan before, plenty of play value.

One question is, is option 1 going to be long enough? If so why not bring the cross over back on the level. As I am not sure what purpose it serves where it is. This would mean lifting it which could be a pain as you have ballasted it. 

Does the loco have to run out to that line? Could it just run round and go wrong line to the yard? Just a thought, let me know what you think.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Simon,

I don't think I have seen the whole plan before, plenty of play value.

One question is, is option 1 going to be long enough? If so why not bring the cross over back on the level. As I am not sure what purpose it serves where it is. This would mean lifting it which could be a pain as you have ballasted it. 

Does the loco have to run out to that line? Could it just run round and go wrong line to the yard? Just a thought, let me know what you think.

Cheers Peter.

Peter, the aim of this alteration is to give me some operational flexibility and more track to play with. option 1 will only give me a goods loop long enough to hold a loco a 18 wagons, option 1 and 2 (facing connection in red will be omitted) will give me a goods line long enough to fit by my estimate a loco and 25 plus MGRs etc.I'll also be able to have the tripper depart along the Up and Down goods where it can wait for a path to use the crossover on the Up Pendeford and vice versa.

The diagram makes me look like I've got loads of space to play with but owing to the curvature of the curves I'm stuck where I can put points. I've now created a final plan to show the goods line in it's final form.

19148599471_3c49007216_h.jpgFinal plan by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Just found this thread What a great layout.

Mark

Great to have a new reader to my thread Mark, thank you for the praise.

• Like 2

Hi Simon,

Ok get it now, works for me. Should look good with some MGRs running how many do you have? 22 is quite a few wagons.

Keep us posted on how you go, looks like you will be doing some woodwork.lol

Cheers Peter.

Hi Simon,

Ok get it now, works for me. Should look good with some MGRs running how many do you have? 22 is quite a few wagons.

Keep us posted on how you go, looks like you will be doing some woodwork.lol

Cheers Peter.

I'm afraid I've not got any yet Peter but I'm watching some on Ebay at present. Woodwork isn't really my forte but I'm willing to tackle it to get this alteration done. 

• Like 1

Hi Simon, I'm yet another late comer to this thread and although I haven't read all 440 posts, what I have read (and seen) I very much like.

The period of your layout is similar to mine and some of your ideas have given me food for thought for when my current layout either moves into our current bedroom, or (if I'm allowed) is re-worked to fit in with our planned house extension.

I shall be following the thread with interest.

• Like 1

I hope the power box staff have been issued with suitable warm clothing as it looks a bit draughty in there...

Witty as ever Mr Wiles, don't forget you'll be grateful of this remodeling work when you want a path for your DMUs

The re-modelling is coming on well Simon, only two days left though!!!

Those point motors look ok, what breed are they?

Jinty ;)

Morning Jinty, I don't think I'll have this done by today as I only glued the cork tiles down for the next section yesterday and I'm still waiting on Maplins to deliver my PCB board for the joint between the lifting board.

The point motors are SEEP if I remember correctly.

Simon

Edited by bescotbeast

With the hot muggy weather yesterday I didn't get much done with the re-modelling, I was only able to manage to add the new track bed before calling it a day with heat exhaustion 

Day 5

19171226579_174d0e75b3_b.jpgremodelling8 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Today as the weather was a tad more bearable I completed the incline extension and added the cork track bed

Day 6

19357392835_ece204854d_b.jpgremodelling9 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

• Like 5