Afternoon Matt, of the top of my head I can't remember but if I was to build another layout I'd certainly try and avoid gradients unless I had the space to make the rising gradient virtually un-seeable. The gradients have over the years given me some issues and one of them had to be adjusted as I was having problems running anything with a Co-Co wheelbase over the summit.

Hope this helps

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks! I currently have an end to end layout which i would like to convert to run around the room - inspired a lot by your effort. I fancy the idea of a Scene with a girder bridge crossing a freight line on one side and was wondering how much of a run up i should use for the 9 or 10 cm height difference for the branch that will go over the top

Regards

Matt

Had some time operating the layout today so here are a few shots, also I have  another OAA to join the fleet, this is the most accurate one I've done to date thanks to a VBA chassis from Andi (Vulcan Product fan).

40557233265_26ff2c0f75_b.jpgOAA wagon by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

40736793204_f88f2ffb34_b.jpgOAA wagon 1 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

39642252080_0786ea26d0_b.jpgPendeford yard S&T stores by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

40557230125_74a81f5ca2_b.jpg37501 waits for the road by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

Hi simon great photos have you got a new camera these pics are superb mate love the landies and the steel blue tractor nice one and excellent job on the wagon thumbs up .

• Like 1

Hi Simon,

Thanks! I currently have an end to end layout which i would like to convert to run around the room - inspired a lot by your effort. I fancy the idea of a Scene with a girder bridge crossing a freight line on one side and was wondering how much of a run up i should use for the 9 or 10 cm height difference for the branch that will go over the top

Regards

Matt

I'll get my tape measure out for you when I get home Matt.

I'm working nights at the moment so I tucked a few little projects into my bag for work. Firstly the two termination masts now have insulators added with a short length of wire. Secondly I've adapted an Eckon 3 aspect signal to something more in keeping with the WCML and Westinghouse.

40912968384_ccd7e83042_b.jpgTermination masts by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

The next project started off looking like this https://www.hattons.co.uk/70175/Berko_ECKB551R_3_light_signal_red_green_yellow_standard_right_offset_square_head/StockDetail.aspx

and now looks like this

26755042637_f0a121cde6_b.jpgEckon 3 aspect adapted 1 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

27754506728_16e7718866_b.jpgEckon 3 aspect adapted by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

• Like 5

Hello mate,

Hope alls well. That's a good busy episode that one mate.

Good job with the video guys.

Catch up soon.

Dave.

Nice to hear from you Dave, it's only busy cause you bring all your stock with you  :O  :O  :jester:  :jester: . I look forward to seeing you soon mate.

Simon

• Like 1

I've been after a Class 58 for the MGR trains for a long time now , and my good friend Mr Wiles pointed out too me that Hattons were selling a clutch of them. So come payday i purchased an example (58006) in Railfreight Red without cantrail stripes. I chose to portray it as 58049 "Littleton Colliery" to give it a West Midlands connection, this entailed renumbering and adding a cantrail stripe, this then was duly undertaken this weekend and some slight weathering added.

27912955848_493192bc88_b.jpg58049 a by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

26913225427_75d35a46bc_b.jpg58049 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

The opportunity was also taken to weather two recent additions to the coaching stock fleet, an RMB and an SO .

41740213632_5ae056eb5e_b.jpgMK1 RMB by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

41781155721_94efb5cf4e_b.jpgMK1 SO by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

• Like 6

Im thinking of adding OHLE now mate!!

Inspired!

The signals and OHLE gantries look great. Once Ive finished my point mechanisms and the additional fiddle yard board, Im concentrating on lighting and signalling.

Yay!

Edited by big T

I've been after a Class 58 for the MGR trains for a long time now , and my good friend Mr Wiles pointed out too me that Hattons were selling a clutch of them. So come payday i purchased an example (58006) in Railfreight Red without cantrail stripes. I chose to portray it as 58049 "Littleton Colliery" to give it a West Midlands connection, this entailed renumbering and adding a cantrail stripe, this then was duly undertaken this weekend and some slight weathering added.

27912955848_493192bc88_b.jpg58049 a by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

26913225427_75d35a46bc_b.jpg58049 by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

The opportunity was also taken to weather two recent additions to the coaching stock fleet, an RMB and an SO .

41740213632_5ae056eb5e_b.jpgMK1 RMB by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

41781155721_94efb5cf4e_b.jpgMK1 SO by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

woow Simon love the 58 right up my street was unsure on heljans model what do you think of it and are you planning to add sound .