A few pics from Ian (Temeraire) and Garys (Bluelightning) visit today 

14749918632_18e3b62eab_b.jpgSAM_1834 by bescotbeast, on Flickr

14563542580_4e240df22a_b.jpgSAM_1830 by bescotbeast, on Flickr

14750219675_3cdf9e9407_b.jpgSAM_1833 by bescotbeast, on Flickr

14563771547_2ec6acc4b8_b.jpgSAM_1814 by bescotbeast, on Flickr

A few issues and ideas I need to look into but otherwise it was great to have some help running trains.

Simon

• Like 9

Hi Simon, Looks like you had a good day. Ians 50s look at home on the layout, you might have to get yourself one. I am sure I have seen a pic somewhere of 50042 I think on an P way train near Bescot working  to Bristol.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Simon, Looks like you had a good day. Ians 50s look at home on the layout, you might have to get yourself one. I am sure I have seen a pic somewhere of 50042 I think on an P way train near Bescot working  to Bristol.

Cheers Peter.

Morning Peter I know the working you refer to it was a Gloucester to Bescot P.Way trip, the loco could easily have been borrowed to work a trip to Pendeford so if I see a Class 50 at the right price I may treat myself.

Simon

Morning Peter I know the working you refer to it was a Gloucester to Bescot P.Way trip, the loco could easily have been borrowed to work a trip to Pendeford so if I see a Class 50 at the right price I may treat myself.

Simon

Oh Gloucester, I knew there were a few working around Bristol and a couple down Exeter way as I went out for them. Had I known about a working up to Bescot I would have gone out for it. I remember seeing a few 50s at New Street on passenger but never took any pics, something I wish I had done.

I tried to find the pic on the net but I think it might actually be in a mag somewhere.

A 50 on a P. way trip would look great on the layout.

Cheers Peter.

Oh Gloucester, I knew there were a few working around Bristol and a couple down Exeter way as I went out for them. Had I known about a working up to Bescot I would have gone out for it. I remember seeing a few 50s at New Street on passenger but never took any pics, something I wish I had done.

I tried to find the pic on the net but I think it might actually be in a mag somewhere.

A 50 on a P. way trip would look great on the layout.

Cheers Peter.

9M01 was the working Peter and here is a link to a great picture http://www.bescot.plus.com/trains/50018_9M01 with 50018 at the helm. WTT tells me it a was a TO working VB and arrived at Bescot for 11:20.The 50 then departed back to Gloucester at 12:30 as 9V01.

• Like 1

Don't know how I've missed this thread, but i really like the look of this. Keep up the excellent work.

Jeff

Glad you like what I've done so far Jeff, thanks for the visit.

Very nice stock you have here :senile:

I'm still looking at expanding my stock, just need the time and the money at present.

They've printed out OK, did you have to get them resized or did I guess correctly?

The top two are adequate Mark but the others i'll have to resize as they are over sized, I intend resizing them over the course of this week and reprinting them. Still they do look and much better than my own efforts.

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Hi Simon,

Not popped in here for ages, sorry about that!

It's looking great, some lovely little details, really looking good.

I'll make sure to look in more often!

Al.

Hi Simon,

Not popped in here for ages, sorry about that!

It's looking great, some lovely little details, really looking good.

I'll make sure to look in more often!

Al.

Thanks for the visit Al and the comments, I'm trying not to neglect the small details, I still need to scratch build two relay rooms just need to conjure up the confidence to start cutting up some brick plasticard. Having seen your own plasticard skills I should really pull my finger out and make a start.

Simon

9M01 was the working Peter and here is a link to a great picture http://www.bescot.plus.com/trains/50018_9M01 with 50018 at the helm. WTT tells me it a was a TO working VB and arrived at Bescot for 11:20.The 50 then departed back to Gloucester at 12:30 as 9V01.

Thanks for the gen Simon, only wish I knew about it back in the day as I would have tried to go out for it, though in 88 I was chasing the last of the Peaks when I could.

Cheers Peter.

Like the the gantries. Can I ask, are they scratch built?

Jeff

Morning Jeff, the gantries are from  N Brass Locos http://www.nbrasslocos.co.uk/oocat.html#cat no connection just a satisfied customer, i've opted for the lightweight portals as my layout is a basically a freight only line. They were my first attempt at soldering a model and I enjoyed the whole experience, Once I get paid I'll be buying another pack or two.

Simon