Looks good Simon, you could always move the box up a bit until you build the relay room. ;)  How's the hinges coming on???

I would Ian but I've added barriers the other side of the box. I'll be doing the hinges over the next month when I've decided how I can improve the fiddle yard, I want to make it longer and more flowing than it is at present.

Great looking layout Bescot Beast, Ive gone through he thread but cant recall a trackplan, is there one?

Thanks for the kind comments wummy, I've never uploaded a detailed track plan so that will give me something to do for tomorrow before work.

Simon

• Like 2

Liking this a lot, love the 85 and the 50 on the high level, you can just see the picture evolving with the whole layout, the different levels really work on this one.

Well done, will be following with interest.

Jinty ;-)

PS: I've just acquired the very same Oxford Scania tractor unit myself, nice little model :senile: :senile:

Evening Jinty, The 85 is a favorite of mine and will in the near future have some AC stablemates to rub shoulders with, I've got a Heljan class 86 over at Lees locos that will return as 86504 Halleys Comet in un-branded Triple Grey livery. On my workbench I've got a Lilliput Class 81 body on a Bachmann Class 85 chassis, plus a Lima class 87 which I one day hope to re-motor and detail.

During the course of this afternoon i've been browsing Hattons and Kernows website where I've just spotted that Bachmann are releasing a Low-relief LMR style PSB (looks very much like Walsall PSB) which has now got me thinking of scrapping the ex-GW box and replacing it with the PSB, just need to find a suitable location for said building.

Anyway thanks for the feedback.

Simon

• Like 1

Liking this a lot, love the 85 and the 50 on the high level, you can just see the picture evolving with the whole layout, the different levels really work on this one.

Well done, will be following with interest.

Jinty ;-)

PS: I've just acquired the very same Oxford Scania tractor unit myself, nice little model :senile: :senile:

Got that carried away babbling about leccies that I forgot to agree that the Scanias a craking model, I just wish we had a few more lorries from the early to late eighties period.

Edited by bescotbeast

Well after a friend at work had a clear out I've got a new addition tot he shunting fleet available for Pendeford Sidings 97800 (08600) Ivor, just need to hard wire a chip into over the coming weeks.

14851955285_de5c7a7988_k.jpg97800 by bescotbeast, on Flickr

Very nice 08 there, it'll look even better with a good old weathering :paint:.

I fitted the Express Models lighting kit to mine, with a 4-function decoder. A pretty major operation as you have to cut a chunk out of the chassis at the front for the LED's. But quite manageable if you take your time. :scratchhead:

Jinty ;-)

Thanks for the comments chaps, i'm really pleased with her as well.

Very nice 08 there, it'll look even better with a good old weathering :paint:.
I fitted the Express Models lighting kit to mine, with a 4-function decoder. A pretty major operation as you have to cut a chunk out of the chassis at the front for the LED's. But quite manageable if you take your time. :scratchhead:

Jinty ;-)

Have you got some pics on your thread of the work involved Jinty? I would like to tackle it but I'm always worried about ruining a perfectly good model in the process.

Simon

Nice 08 Simon,

I remember seeing that, did the loco ever get up Bescot way? I know New Street had a couple of repainted 08s.

Cheers Peter.

In reality 97800/08600 stayed down south but i'm working on the basis she came North for some work at Crewe and has been "borrowed" by the Bescot TCS.

• Like 1

In reality 97800/08600 stayed down south but i'm working on the basis she came North for some work at Crewe and has been "borrowed" by the Bescot TCS.

Fair enough, I know when I worked at Eastleigh up the yard we used to borrow the odd shunter. :locomotive:

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments chaps, i'm really pleased with her as well.

Have you got some pics on your thread of the work involved Jinty? I would like to tackle it but I'm always worried about ruining a perfectly good model in the process.

Simon

I posted the answer on my thread as I was getting the link off there. That'll teach me to try and be clever a 11;30hrs!!!! lol

I've got to take my 08 apart again for the weathering process, as soon as I've completed the 37 on the bench at the moment, I'll strip the 08 and send you a couple of pictures of the chassis modification.

JInty ;-)

I posted the answer on my thread as I was getting the link off there. That'll teach me to try and be clever a 11;30hrs!!!! lol

I've got to take my 08 apart again for the weathering process, as soon as I've completed the 37 on the bench at the moment, I'll strip the 08 and send you a couple of pictures of the chassis modification.

JInty ;-)

Excellent with some pictures too hand I should be able to achieve what you've done and it'll be great to have working lights on it.

Simon

After having Ian and Gary round the other week, a few issues that led too poor running were highlighted with the fiddle yard section and the steeper of the two gradients .So I've started to try and improve these problematic areas. First job to be tackled was to slew the down line and move the down points closer to the window to lengthen the two down loops, secondly the dead end Down road has been removed to help differentiate between the fiddle yard and the running lines. 

14689970619_202f262deb_k.jpgfiddle yard alterations by bescotbeast, on Flickr

• Like 6

Cheers Jinty, i tried to fit as much as I could in to my space without committing the classic mistake of making it look over crowded.

It's payday tomorrow so I'll be able to restock up on a few items and finish off the alterations I've got planned. On the stock front I bought a Class 37/9 body shell on the classifieds which will be mounted on a 21 pin chassis I  bought on Ebay last night to become 37905. I've got my eye on a Heljan DPU in Royal Mail red livery :O and my 08 in Railfreight Grey and Heljan 86/5 should be coming home soon from Lees Locos :locomotive: .

Simon

• Like 2

Cheers Jinty, i tried to fit as much as I could in to my space without committing the classic mistake of making it look over crowded.

It's payday tomorrow so I'll be able to restock up on a few items and finish off the alterations I've got planned. On the stock front I bought a Class 37/9 body shell on the classifieds which will be mounted on a 21 pin chassis I  bought on Ebay last night to become 37905. I've got my eye on a Heljan DPU in Royal Mail red livery :O and my 08 in Railfreight Grey and Heljan 86/5 should be coming home soon from Lees Locos :locomotive: .

Simon

Should be quite full with that little lot!!!!!

I'm going to do a Slug, 37902, it'll just be a bit further down the line as there is so much before it!!!!! :O :o

Jinty ;-)

• Like 1

Should be quite full with that little lot!!!!!

I'm going to do a Slug, 37902, it'll just be a bit further down the line as there is so much before it!!!!! :O :o

Jinty ;-)

Stop buying locos  :nono:  (only kidding I'm just as bad  :angel: ) I need to finish adding the signals, finish adding the MAS troughing , adjust the gradient on the trap door end bank and repaint my concrete area in light of my new found info (courtesy of yourself and Wrexbury) so lots to do.  :paint:

• Like 1