Rolls Royce industrial Shunter

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, avonside1563 said:

Also worth noting that RS8 now has vacuum braking fitted so presumbly could appear on passenger services soon. Now if only there were a suitable industrial railway that holds a diesel gala...

Foxfield?

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, avonside1563 said:

Also worth noting that RS8 now has vacuum braking fitted so presumbly could appear on passenger services soon. Now if only there were a suitable industrial railway that holds a diesel gala...

Rocks By Rail, Rutland?

Regards

Ian

• RMweb Gold
On 04/12/2019 at 11:13, avonside1563 said:

AFRPS at Scunthorpe? I know it's the wrong industry but it'd be a mighty fine setting...

Ralf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 02/12/2019 at 18:41, montyburns56 said:

Nice! I remember the old girl when she was at the Dinting Railway centre

Me too. When I was a child my dad and I were members at Dinting and used to go up there most Sundays to help out. As a member I remember being allowed to ride in the back of RS8 while she was on shunting duties, preparing and moving the loco's for the days activities. So it's wonderful to see her back to (probably) better than new, especially after seeing the picture showing the terrible state she got into.

Congrats to the team that put all the hard work in to acquire, move and restore her. Well done!

Edited by Gerrard
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...