RMweb Challenge results

Andy Y

Finally we can declare a result for the 2012 Challenges; once again my apologies for the extended delay!

Innovation Challenge

Congratulations to StuartM in taking the first two spots!

1st place - StuartM - Transparent Test Truck

post-10866-0-84803200-1353624988_thumb.j

2nd place - StuartM - Battery powered/Radio-controlled locos

battloco.jpg

3rd place - unravelled - Box Sash Windows

post-6902-0-34669500-1348611925_thumb.jp

The full results and calculations of the Innovation challenge can be found here - 2012 Challenge results - Innovation.pdf

Scratchbuild Challenge

Congratulations to Gt.Shefford for his tamping machine!

1st place - Gt. Shefford - Plasser 08-16 Tamper

post-3114-0-40568800-1354469514.jpg

2nd place - Ron Heggs - Points Bridge, Hagg Bank, Wylam, Northumberland

post-10633-0-42907900-1350666541_thumb.j

3rd place - Worsdell Forever - LNER F8 2-4-2T

post-7104-0-75282300-1350733450.jpg

4th place - iL Dottore - Big Pub Build

post-123-0-93153800-1350926282.jpg

5th place - Scanman - 'Stone Wharf'

post-3469-0-22945600-1349046942.jpg

The full results and calculations of the Scratchbuild challenge can be found here - 2012 Challenge results - Scratchbuild.pdf

My thanks to everyone who participated and my congratulations to the two winners. Thank you to the 431 people who voted in the Innovation Challenge and the 322 who voted in the Scratchbuild Challenge.

A very hearty congratulations to the winners and riders – all of the entries were really entertaining to read about and I learned quite a lot reading about them along the journey, not to mention learning a huge amount from my own entry.

I'm looking forward to watching the next one.

Steve

• RMweb Gold

Congratulations to the winners and runners up.

You should feel rightly proud of yourselves.

Also thanks to everyone who voted, or even those who just followed the entries.

But, mainly, a big thanks to Andy.

Kev.

(I must try harder next time!)

Congratulations to the winners.  Some fabulous innovations and scratch built projects all around and much admiration for all those who took part.  Love to see the battery powered locos taken up by a manufacturer.

Mike

Thank you to all those who took the time to vote for my entry's

The whole point for me is that a manufacture does exactly that and brings these ideas to market.

Andy has agreed to give the Battery powered radio control project a link of it's own, so hopefully as the project grows and evolves, eventually one of the manufactures will see the benefits of such an idea and can use their design and engineering skills plus their sourcing knowledge, to make battery powered radio controlled loco's an everyday reality.

One day people will look back on powered track and shake their heads in wonder at why we used this complicated and unreliable system for as long as we did.

Well done, all! The winners (Gt Shefford and StuartM) have done some amazing work - the Plasser Tamper especially. If one didn't know otherwise, looking at that photo one could think that the tamper is a high-end RTR model.

I am most chuffed at having my work-in-progress (The Big Pub Build) place 4th in the competition - I hadn't expected to place...

I suppose I better get my skates on and finish the model "soonish" as it looks like there are quite a few RMWebbers who are awaiting the final article.

iD

A really great challenge. Some beautiful models and excellent modelling. Surprised that the bridge gathered so many votes. Thanks to everyone, modellers, viewers and voters, and special thanks to Andy for all his work

Ron

Congratulations to all who took part. And a very hearty congrats to the winners. There was a lot of very good modelling I don't know about anyone else but I had a job deciding in which order to vote. I looked and altered many times.

Again well done to all those who took part and thanks to those who took the time to vote.

Must be time to start another unfinished project.

I would like to say a big thank you to all who voted for the Tamper. As I've said before a special thank you goes out to Phil Eames and Paul Wade for providing a wealth of prototype photos to aid in the design work.

I will have the model with me at ExpoEM this weekend, where I'll have a small demo on laser cutting (sadly not the actual machine itself - health and safety, insurance, etc)

Thanks again

Jonathan

Archived