Re spray/detailing of my "Bachmann" 37 projects...

Im now making start on my latest project :no: i would like two or three Dutch livery 37s.

So far ive got my project,

37211 centre head code,

37035 splithead code.

My nexted project wil be "dutch" Transrail 37201 centre head code.

Here is what the real loco looks like in the real life.... :locomotive:

post-10160-0-77459500-1379080382_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• In the photo of the original the loco numbers are white, but you have applied numbers in black :no:  :scratchhead:

Yes i no, :no: ive also got other pictures of this Dutch 37201 with black numbers.

So i went for black numbers..... :locomotive:  :locomotive:

Edited by class"66"

Yes i no, :no: ive also got other pictures of this Dutch 37201 with black numbers.

So i went for black numbers..... :locomotive:  :locomotive:

I'm intrigued to see pictures of 201 with black numbers, I don't ever recall seeing any! Nice variation though, always like tractors with black numbers.

I'm intrigued to see pictures of 201 with black numbers, I don't ever recall seeing any! Nice variation though, always like tractors with black numbers.

My dutch 37201 has had run in with leaking bottle of white spirits!!

so its total right off,and needs ful spray job :cry:

Edited by class"66"

Well my name plates have arrived "But" yes its big But!! there in red,and not in black, :scratchhead: so they wil have to go back.

Does anyone no if 37504 and 37505,only had black name plates fitted?? :help:

Hi

I have repainted a number of etched nameplated, just paint over the whole plate and then carefully scrape the paint off the raised areas with a scalpel knife blade - works a treat!

regards

mike

• Like 1

Hi

I have repainted a number of etched nameplated, just paint over the whole plate and then carefully scrape the paint off the raised areas with a scalpel knife blade - works a treat!

regards

mike

Wil give that go!! thanks for your advise Mike :no:

Well my name plates have arrived "But" yes its big But!! there in red,and not in black, :scratchhead: so they wil have to go back.

Another option for changing the plate colour - remove the existing colour with a fibre glass pencil - paint overall with the desired colour, when dry rub the plate, face down on a flat surface on top of 1000/1200 wet/dry paper used dry - keeping it flat when rubbing - finally polish using the same technique on white etc printer paper.

Another tip, as your re-doing 37 201 - when fitting the big T transfer - align the bottom edge of the "T" with the dividing line of the yellow/grey bodyside bands - so the "T" sits on the top edge of the grey so to speak.

HTH

K

Edited by tractor_37260

This is another hatton 37/514, renumber as 37504 now,with black grills.Need to find out which name plate this loco had....

hi there

i know your question has already been answered, but i find this website helpful when looking for the names of locomotives:

http://www.railuk.info/members/diesel/loconame_search.php?offset=800&number_in=&name_in=&order=number,%20named&dir=Next

keep up the good work 

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Class 66, some great conversions there, I wish to convert my 37506 to 37672, the body colour is a match but I wonder if you could tell me wher you get your nose replacements and things like horns and detailing bits. I need to replace the nose On 506 with a centre headcode (blanked except lights) nose and place some horns on amongst other things.

Edited by 7013
  • Like 1

Class 66, some great conversions there, I wish to convert my 37506 to 37672, the body colour is a match but I wonder if you could tell me wher you get your nose replacements and things like horns and detailing bits. I need to replace the nose On 506 with a centre headcode (blanked except lights) nose and place some horns on amongst other things.

Ive got frend who happends to be Bachmann Rep :friends: so im realy lucky when it comes to spare parts ect....

Wanted 37520 in EWS livery :no:

So ive been looking over my photos,

i took of the loco which was parked at the back of "Crewe DMD"..

Then i set to work making up my new project.

Wanted the loco to be mainline runner,but in rusted state of repair :scratchhead: using rust effects,and weathering....

post-10160-0-89368600-1385606763_thumb.jpg

post-10160-0-65873600-1385606777_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Has anyone reshaped the cab windows/frames to the correct shape? Interested to see how it was achieved. Prototypes were not flat from side to side.

Best, Pete.

Hi Pete,im planning on having ago nexted with some PH design 37 windows... :no: