Re spray/detailing of my "Bachmann" 37 projects...

Hi Neil

always great work mate, have you started on a new loco yet... 57 maybe...

Is the last post Kenny from down the club.... plaster.... Ken or is that plastered Ken... ha-ha

Jamie

Yer thats Kenny :no:

Hi mate

When will you be next down at the club on a Saturday, how often, just thinking with me and Ray for when we next pop down with the boards etc,,,

Jamie

If you wanner go at the weekend thats fine with me!!! :sungum:

Its the Llanberis show this weekend, although I aint there this year, year off, I may go on one of the days, but thats about it, its all the normal layout that have been going several years now...

Ray & Polly aint shing there this year which is a shame.

Jamie

• Like 2

Ive got few Lima locos i want you to DCC chip neil?? what you think?

You will tripple the price of the loco adding a DCC Chip... haha...

If you plan the light any Lima Loco's, you need to spray / paint the insides as the Lima Body Shells have a lot of light bleed, as the plastic is thinner than the Hornby ones.

Jamie

Jamie

You will tripple the price of the loco adding a DCC Chip... haha...

If you plan the light any Lima Loco's, you need to spray / paint the insides as the Lima Body Shells have a lot of light bleed, as the plastic is thinner than the Hornby ones.

Jamie

Jamie

Yes that always works treat!! good point Jamie :paint:

Yes that always works treat!! good point Jamie :paint:

I only know that because I had a look at a Lima that had been LED lit and although the LEDs fitted was a great job done and neat, it was so noticeable it was if the whole of the Yellow Warning Panels were glowing and not just where the LEDs where fitted neither.

I recommend either a darker colour Grey or dark Grey, painted on the inner side of the cab where the warning panel is with a few coats of a deeper yellow on the inner side to stop the light bleed once you fit the LEDs, just a handy tip for Lima improvements when it comes to enhancing a Lima with LED lights.

Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

Yes...

Your 37034 with splithead code looks excellent Neil, you have done a great job on the weathering mate...

How long did that take you to weather and how many collours used in the weathering of it...

looks great.

Jamie

Yes...

Your 37034 with splithead code looks excellent Neil, you have done a great job on the weathering mate...

How long did that take you to weather and how many collours used in the weathering of it...

looks great.

Jamie

Ive used three main colours, two light brown shades,with over lay of oil black to finish off.

my best bit is the windows!! :no:  :locomotive:

post-10160-0-45792100-1393475930_thumb.jpg

post-10160-0-56223400-1393475955_thumb.jpg

post-10160-0-61059600-1393475967_thumb.jpg

all of it looks the biz mate...

the grills on the side that are weathered looks excellent... You have done an excellent job on that mate.... like all your other weathered loco and wagons, you are the man...

great work bud...

Jamie

• Like 2