Re spray/detailing of my "Bachmann" 37 projects...

As far as I was aware, the arrows on 37025 were hand painted and not altered class 47 ones. At least that what I read in a reliable source.

Cheers,

My info came from one of the staff who actually worked on the loco during it's repaint.  Perhaps the original plan was to use "altered" 47 sized vinyl arrows, but it may have been decided later to just paint them on (badly) ?

One photo shows the loco in the paint shop, you can almost still smell the paint !  It would have been very easy at the time to check if the arrows were paint or vinyl.....................

post-2215-0-84039600-1446292193_thumb.jpg

post-2215-0-38291200-1446292240.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...

A quick flickr search gets this...

Regular large double arrows, yellow headcode boxes, no stag, highland headlight, 1984

Regular large double arrows, yellow headcode boxes, cabside stag, highland headlight, 1985

No double arrows, black headcode boxes, cabside stag, named, sealed headlight, 1999

It's a bit of a pain trying to find the older photos in amongst all the current ones from Boness

• Informative/Useful 1

Nice tractors Neil,

What's the transrail one ? I do like transrail for some reason, even though I've always lived in mainline territory M

I have a real desire to build a transrail depot based on the sidings at Warrington, but featuring snow, for some reason

• Like 1

Always like to see different tractors, I could do with a couple of dutch ones myself, but they seem hard to come by at a reasonable price!

I don't recall 504 ever getting Transrail branding, do you have any pictures? I thought it was converted to 603 before Transrail happened.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...