Re spray/detailing of my "Bachmann" 37 projects...

Some lovely work here, just be careful if you start getting into any of the PHD steps or Extreme Etchings/ Lazerglase components, they are that good and make such a difference you will want to do the whole fleet, I have spent more on detailing mine than I spent on the original loco!

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got about six of the legomanbiffo 37/4 and 37/0 sounds so far,few standard bachman sounds,three loco line sounds :no:  two Howes v4s,so im planning on buying Zemo 37 sound ,after looking on youtube... :locomotive:  :locomotive:

Over the last few months ive been buying 37514 in metals livery,from Hattons in Liverpool.

Due to its silly sale price!!!

Ive renumber,and etched grilled the bodyshell,and swopped the front nose cones for the "split head code type"So far my projects have been,

Transrail 37111 and RFD 37107,37504.... :no:

How did you swap the nose cone? Are split code ones available separately somewhere else?

Over the last few months ive been buying 37514 in metals livery,from Hattons in Liverpool.

Due to its silly sale price!!!

Ive renumber,and etched grilled the bodyshell,and swopped the front nose cones for the "split head code type"So far my projects have been,

Transrail 37111 and RFD 37107,37504.... :no:

How did you swap the nose cone? Are split code ones available separately somewhere else?

Ive got frend at Bachmann HQ :no: he got me boxs of them going spare.... :locomotive:

I've bought both the railfreight redline and the metals 37 from Hattons because of their prices. I'm just getting back in to modelling 4mm standard gauge. I've been out of modelling for a while then slowly came back in to it via narrow gauge (009). But I have the inkling of a 00 gauge layout comprising a bit of mainline and a scrap yard. Next is to weather and detail the 37s so I'm watching this thread with interest.

I've bought both the railfreight redline and the metals 37 from Hattons because of their prices. I'm just getting back in to modelling 4mm standard gauge. I've been out of modelling for a while then slowly came back in to it via narrow gauge (009). But I have the inkling of a 00 gauge layout comprising a bit of mainline and a scrap yard. Next is to weather and detail the 37s so I'm watching this thread with interest.

Ive Bought fer few (Bachmann metals 37514s) from Hattons too,after chaning fer few parts on them ive made up,few new class 37s. 

Starting with,

37111 with new nose and cab grills...

37107 with new nose and cab grills

37110 newest project.... :paint:

This Bachmann Dutch 37,was the standard 37035 split head code,but because i had two of these locos  :O

I wanted one as centre head code "dutch" so i re modeled this into 37211.

This is my latest finished 37 project,weathered and now with "biffo" DCC sound..

post-10160-0-33941100-1374425412_thumb.jpg

post-10160-0-55235700-1374425512_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Ive now got my P&H class 37/6 nose fronts,just waiting on my Rail match paint to arrive now.

I will be using spare Bachmann 37409 DRS body shell,and renumbering it to 37606...

Watch out with you're combination of nose ends & Roofs - if my memory serves me correctly 409's roof will be suitable for 423/610/611/612 (note 610 & 612 are both RSH locos) with the /6 ends like your friends in the picture above as they're all ex center panel 37's, 601-609 are all ex split box loco's so will have a flush end. Take a look at the No2 end roof, ex split box are ribbed, ex center panel are smooth. Also 409 is an ex Vulcan Foundry loco so doesn't have the additional ribbing on the cant rail grills that RSH ones do (606 being an ex split box RSH example). But after all that, at the end of the day its your model and enjoy whatever you do with it!!!!

Al.

Watch out with you're combination of nose ends & Roofs - if my memory serves me correctly 409's roof will be suitable for 423/610/611/612 (note 610 & 612 are both RSH locos) with the /6 ends like your friends in the picture above as they're all ex center panel 37's, 601-609 are all ex split box loco's so will have a flush end. Take a look at the No2 end roof, ex split box are ribbed, ex center panel are smooth. Also 409 is an ex Vulcan Foundry loco so doesn't have the additional ribbing on the cant rail grills that RSH ones do (606 being an ex split box RSH example). But after all that, at the end of the day its your model and enjoy whatever you do with it!!!!

Al.

Wil take that information on board Al!! many thanks for your help.... :no:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Using another cheap Bachmann 37514 from popular model shop :no:

Ive just renumber it to 37505,and new decals too,now its 37505 Transrail,heavy weatherd :paint: using old pictures...

Wil post few update pictures shortley...