Re spray/detailing of my "Bachmann" 37 projects...

Ive put down "rough grey" air brush finish,

so i can ad scratches and body panel dents long with "rust" patches...

So the 37 looks rather shabby all over...

post-10160-0-46057800-1414120591_thumb.jpg

Adding black loco numbers using (Modelmaster) number sheets,,,

post-10160-0-01867800-1414120611_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get a early Bachmann 37 on ebay that was done up as 37402 as your modelling it. I remember seeing pictures of it online and in mags as it was a regular down near Cardif and thought the idea of the 37/4 on a Regional Set would be nice for the layout I had at the time. The engine does have a different sound chip fitted which was there when purchased years ago and that adds variety. 

I have planned to get mine more up to spec by giving it a little weathering, but that is something Im looking to do for most of my fleet. Will get a photo of mine sorted if your interested. Meanwhile, will be interesting to watch yours develop.

Here you go....

As far as I can tell 37402 had a repaint in 2003 which made it quite lean. Up until then I was into the un-branded rail freight livery that it just kept. The repaint was not full TTG, but rather I think Canton using what paint was to hand. As a result it was tidied up and returned with the darker roof grey down as far as the ligher bodyside. At least, thats what I think it is. The windows around the sides were touched up in black.

It retained this guise until its withdrawal, being a minor celeb just for its novel paint scheme, a break from the EWS standard livery of red and gold.

post-7347-0-81472400-1415228136_thumb.jpg

post-7347-0-49896700-1415228292_thumb.jpg

My model is not quite accurate, I think class 66 transfers were used for the front numbers on the nose as these look off. But overall the engine I bought years ago is a fair representation of what your after. Dont forget the little EWS beastie logo under the cab window too.

• Like 4

I dont know why youd want to model 37422 for EWS. All it did was break down and eat power units. It spent most of its time out of service!

Its reputation still has not changed and perhaps this is why its return to DRS operation is far longer than some others that have been done. I suggest 37405, 408, 416, 419 as they were EWS examples than ran often.