BRÜCKENHEIM (page three onwards)

HSB

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've just realised it's nearly 3 months since I posted anything here! I have been doing a bit more work on the scenery during this time and I have just added another 2D building to the backscene. This one was adapted from a picture I took at St Goar (mainly adding extra foliage to hide the bits in the foreground I didn't want).

IMG_20190519_143653.jpg.49fdd534780c9651d41a776ece5aa1de.jpg

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have now got another building on the backscene. This would have been printed and stuck up a couple of weeks ago but for problems with ink cartridges! I made the mistake of buying a refilled cartridge from Wilko when they were on special offer and having put it in the printer and aligned it I thought it was okay until I tried to print something a couple of weeks later and I got an error message come up. Having eventually found the receipt I took it back to Wilko and they were quite happy to exchange it. Unfortunately by then they had gone back to their normal price so I had to pay another £3 or so (still a lot cheaper than the price of a new HP cartridge). The first time I printed something with it it seemed to be okay but the next time I noticed one of the colours was dropping out. Running the cleaning programme failed to cure the problem so I have ended up buying a new HP cartridge which I obviously should have done in the first place! Ho hum!

IMG_20190701_192721.jpg

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Looks the part, Howard, as do the other buildings. If I hadn't known differently I'd have thought they were low relief buildings!

Cartridges!! Urghhh!! I also bought some Tesco HP refilled ones. Big mistake!! Genuine ones next time!!

Regards, Deano.

• Agree 1

I have now added a small group of buildings to the backscene. I nearly had another group ready to stick on but when making one of the last cuts the bl**dy ruler slipped and ruined it!  I've had to print it off again and will need to spray it with matte varnish before attemping to cut it out again.

IMG_20190707_224633.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Simond said:

Look on the bright side!  at least when the ruler slipped you didnt have the end off your thumb...

atb

Simon

No, but I did manage to cut my finger last week when cutting out the last picture I stuck on! :o

Well, I now have the other picture stuck on although It has printed slightly darker than the previous one so I will have to do a little remedial work to try and blend it in.

IMG_20190709_210357.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have cleared all the junk off the layout, cleaned the rails and had a test run with my V100. This is the first time I've run anything for over a year but was relieved to find everything's working okay! Over the next couple of days I'll stick some stock on so I can run a short train and take a video.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Over three months since my last update mainly because I haven't done a lot on the layout despite the lockdown. I have, however, started to do a bit more over the last few days including changing the alignment of the goods shed siding and adding a couple of buildings and more trees to the backscene.

IMG_20200527_122116.jpg.cc15af180410c3e1a7aa4731f510aafc.jpg

• Like 5