BRÜCKENHEIM (page three onwards)

HSB

And a little bit more! I've run out of suitable photos of my own to adapt so the latest buildings were adapted from a picture I found on the web.IMG_20200605_113839.jpg.bc9adff2bafc55921ed0ca567565d7ae.jpg

Edited by HSB
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

A couple more buildings added to the backscene (or should I say one and a bit!) Again these are from pictures I found on the internet. I've also done a bit more ballasting on the track in front.

IMG_20200615_172809.jpg.a962eda8c7b9e885451869fa8c90deb7.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I recently decided to replace a row of buildings on the backscene which never looked quite right because of the sudden change of angle from the adjacent buildings. Although there is still a change of angle it looks more natural with two separate buildings. It is hard to find pictures which have been taken from quite the right angle!IMG_20200701_230930.jpg.666ba77f4fb5eb0e2c3e5d3f264062da.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Howard,

it might just be my eye, but the leftmost house looks to have broken the more-or-less horizontal gutter lines of the other buildings.  The gently differing angles of the others suggests a slightly winding road to me, which pulls them together, but that one doesn’t seem to fit the pattern.

please feel free to ignore me!

atb

Simon

• Friendly/supportive 1

Simon the last building was unfortunately photographed from a rather low angle. i have actually printed it in three different sizes but none of them look quite right when stuck in position!

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I have known Howard for well over 50 years and he is something of a perfectionist. He is not happy with that one on the left but will continue his search until he finds a suitable replacement. He has done all of my back scene on Ramchester and has made a first class job of it so I know he will sort this little problem out before very long. Just a thought can you photograph an image of the house through an angled mirror? This might alter the perspective enough to pass muster. As I say just a thought.

Keep up the good work Howard and keep us all posted.

Rod

It's not my photograph - it's one I downloaded while looking through hundreds of images on the internet. Unfortunately there are very few which are suitable and i doubt I'll be visiting the Rhine Valley again any time in the near future to take more of my own pics!

• 2 months later...

I bought a station building kit from Bünnig Modellbau at their stand at Guildex two or three years ago which I have now started working on. It is quite small but it fits the footprint which I thought I would have available although I now realise I could have fitted in something a little bit bigger. This is a picture of the finished kit from their website:-

4032.jpg.671746049f175ff3d3159bcaec4823ac.jpg

Unfortunately it is a model of a brick-built building which is not typical of the area I'm modelling and it is also the wrong configuration to butt up to a goods shed which will be on the right so I have been moving the doors and windows round to something closer to what I want. One inspiration for how it will look is this picture I took of Niederheimbach with stonework up to the bottom of the groundfloor windows. The jury is out on whether I build the adjacent goods shed in a half-timbered style but I am rather tempted.

DSCF0692.JPG.f78fb1c1fab0548539f0021573e1cad0.JPG

Here are the three walls I have been working on so far with a window and door blanked off on one side and the window in the upstairs room replaced with a smaller Grandtline  window I had in stock so the original window can be moved to the front of the bay. The window on another side has been opened up into a doorway and that window will now be used in the middle of another side which was just a blank wall.

The picture below shows my progress to date with the brick overlays I will not be now using on the right for comparison.

DSCF3316.JPG.b56282de3ff9ba8e4df7c52da32bb640.JPG

Edited by HSB
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The station building is at last almost ready for having the windows fitting. Painting the stones in different shades was a rather tedious  and time consuming job which I spread over several sessions. I added a bit of talcum powder to the paint on the upper part of the walls to  try and give it a little bit of texture.

IMG_20201228_103555_992.jpg.e12abc80414ddc2f8faea6e78bc38bf6.jpg

IMG_20201228_103943_606.jpg.be2adab312bfcf1355423a6eed6a663e.jpg

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

I bought myself a Christmas present in the shape of a Lenz V60 which I finally received yesterday from Modellbahnshop-Lippe. They had reduced the price and I wanted to get it before the end of the customs union tonight!

IMG_20201231_112230.jpg.c2eb98231f4f5b99cfc9caa20759434b.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...