Lots Road SW7 - 1975 Urban Terminus

Pete 75C

Agreed - great to see it again. I'm delighted it survived the journey on a pallet! Looks to me like I didn't give your surface stock a lot of clearance... that looks TIGHT.

It is very tight at the moment but I plan to test the surface stock I have and probably alter that section to provide more clearance. So far it is tight but it fits...... Just.

OliverSR

• 6 years later...
On 25/08/2013 at 20:26, colin penfold said:

I remember one one occasion as a police officer in the area being sent down there to slow the cars down. People were driving so fast through the flood that their bow-waves were getting into the houses. Nightmare.

Colin.

Did you know John Care?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, colin penfold said:

Was he a sergeant?

Ooh, Colin, a cue for a Betjeman story!

John Betjeman's wife, Lady Penelope Chetwode, was out riding one day, in the company of others.

Some mature chap asked her "Where did you learn to ride, my girl?" 

"Injah"

"Was your father out there?"

"Yes"

"What was he - a sergeant?"

"No - Commander-in-Chief"

Her father was appointed CiC in 1930. 

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
On 29/11/2020 at 04:44, leopardml2341 said:

Anyway......

What 'did' happen to Lots Road?

Short answer is sadly not “Lots”:wacko:

I made attempts add track to the upper level but time and interest dropped off and it ended up not getting very far. I have since moved house but Lot’s Road did come with me as the new place had a garden studio where having a layout can happen. I have since done some other large builds(non railway related) and DIY bits and am now feeling more confident to tackle making something of it. However it will be extensively reworked and incorporated into a smallish continuous running layout so a very different concept to the original(apologies to those who prefer end to end but rule 1 invoked;)).

Since the rebuild will have so little in common with the original other than the different heights and as much of the underground lines as I can keep I will be setting up a new topic for this layout in due course.

OliverSR

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 months later...