Has anyone successfully connected two voyagers?

Real, or model ?

In OO, my son ran two together. The dummy couplings at one end of each was replaced with a Kadee. Express Models lighting kits enabled the switching off of lights at the inner ends of units. No pic's as one has been sold, but he now has a 220 and we will fit these with Hornby Scharfenberg couplings at some time. FWIW, XC seem to usually couple a 221 with a 220 for a 9 car formation.

• RMweb Gold

Hi

XC do normally try to keep to 9 car formations as "all" stations XC serve can take them, exceptions been EDB - ABN and PLY - PNZ which are single sets , doubles west of Plymouth are 7 car max and 8 to EXD. With platform end stops 8 ast Totnes. Due to do selective door controls on the sets, unlike the 222 platforming at local stations is not always possible...

To get greater number of seats on the Leeds - Bristol line sets are booked to attach and detach at Bristol and Newcaslte several times a day - only XC would choose sharply curved platforms!!! to attempt to bang sets together, works most days  

Some years back at Warley I had 220s coupled together on Templedean long before the Dapol coupling converstion kits came to market. I used a ferrywaggon to donate couplers and rebuilt lower front end. Caused a few to stop and watch!   

Robert

Archived