Kendal Exhibition

paul2001

Exhibition 2010

KENDAL MODEL RAILWAY EXHIBITION

at

LEISURE CENTRE, BURTON ROAD, KENDAL, CUMBRIA, LA9 7HX

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY 30th and 31st January 2010- 10.00 TO 17.00

Further details at club page use the Exhibition button.

There'll be 3 RMweb members on duty behind Scorbiton, so please make yourself known and have a chat(and maybe a go on the controls)

• 3 weeks later...

No disrespect......but you might want to edit the title name.? Hope you dont mind me pointing that out.

Or....did you do it on purpose just to get everyone to check out where Kedal is, like me, just in case is was just down the road from them.......sometimes just using the title "Free Beer" gets peoples attention.

As a sales ploy I think every pub in country has a sign up saying that!!!!!!!!!!

Gets me every time!!!!!!!

There's a pub in York - BIG letters on signs outside/in windows - 'Live Music', another sign, 'Pole Dancers' and 'Happy Hour All Drinks ??1' (1 GBP) and in very small print underneath, 'From February 29th'

Penlan

Kendal is a friendly little show, which I always enjoy attending as a punter; it was even more fun as an exhibitor. Odawarako (Japanese N) and its operators had a great weekend. There was just one ignorant sod (there's always one!) who leaned right across the barriers to take a vertical photo of the back of the layout (without so much as saying please) right in the middle of the trickiest move.

Cheers,

Phil

Downtown Odawarako:

downtownodawarako.jpg

Phil,

You're right there's always one, we had an old bloke find his way around the back of our layout who initially looked harmless enough. I was getting ready to tell him that he was in an area not open to the public when he reached down and started to lift up a nuclear flask wagon from a train in the fiddleyard!!!!!!!!!!!! :O

He was therefore told much less politely than I was originally going to, to move away and get to the right side of the barrier. :angry:

Otherwise everyone was great and the reactions from many of the kids was really enthusiastic - even first thing on the Sunday morning. As you say a nice friendly show.

Cheers

Jeremy

when he reached down and started to lift up a nuclear flask wagon from a train in the fiddleyard!!!!!!!!!!!! :O

Cheeky blighter! I hadn't seen that he'd done that. Perhaps he thought the fiddle yard was a trade stand instead of a part of a functioning layout, or his definition of "fiddle" is different than everyone else's ;)

Mark.

• RMweb Premium

Kendal is a friendly little show, which I always enjoy attending as a punter; it was even more fun as an exhibitor. Odawarako (Japanese N) and its operators had a great weekend. There was just one ignorant sod (there's always one!) who leaned right across the barriers to take a vertical photo of the back of the layout (without so much as saying please) right in the middle of the trickiest move.

Cheers,

Phil

Downtown Odawarako:

downtownodawarako.jpg

Thread Hijacking here!

Phil, that is a very impressive scene there. I remember seeing this layout at a show a few years back. Have you used the Kato road sections there? The roads look very effective.

Perhaps you should have an Odawarako thread to boost the rather meagre Japanese fare we have on here! cool.gif

You're right there's always one, we had an old bloke find his way around the back of our layout who initially looked harmless enough. I was getting ready to tell him that he was in an area not open to the public when he reached down and started to lift up a nuclear flask wagon from a train in the fiddleyard!!!!!!!!!!!! ohmy.gif

He was therefore told much less politely than I was originally going to, to move away and get to the right side of the barrier. angry.gif

Hey Jeremy, it's a good job I wasn't there as I wouldn't have been as diplomatic as you!!icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif

He wouldn't have been given the chance to walk back to the other side of the barrier!!icon_wink.gif The cheeky blighter!!

Rob

Just a quick note to say thanks to the Kendal Club for hosting their exhibition and giving us the chance to give our Preston Club layout "Bee Lane" a run out.

We've enjoyed both days and had a good time. The exhibition seemed busy with plenty of people around.

Regards

Jeremy

Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Always good to see a quality modern image layout - I'll probably see some of you at the DEMU Showcase this June

• 3 weeks later...

Thread Hijacking here!

Phil, that is a very impressive scene there. I remember seeing this layout at a show a few years back. Have you used the Kato road sections there? The roads look very effective.

Perhaps you should have an Odawarako thread to boost the rather meagre Japanese fare we have on here! cool.gif

Sorry, it's taken me ages to see that there's been a reply! Thanks for the kind words. The roads are evidence of my OCD... Drawn on my computer and printed off in a couple of sections, then stuck down on the layout. I had 'fun' learning about Japanese road markings first though!

Cheers,

Phil

Phil,

You're right there's always one, we had an old bloke find his way around the back of our layout who initially looked harmless enough. I was getting ready to tell him that he was in an area not open to the public when he reached down and started to lift up a nuclear flask wagon from a train in the fiddleyard!!!!!!!!!!!! :O

He was therefore told much less politely than I was originally going to, to move away and get to the right side of the barrier. :angry:

Otherwise everyone was great and the reactions from many of the kids was really enthusiastic - even first thing on the Sunday morning. As you say a nice friendly show.

Cheers

Jeremy

Over the weekend I noticed one or two punters found they way between the fiddle yards of us on Scorbiton and Bee Lane but we hadn't realised they're had been a problem but thanks for drawing this incident to our attention and we will be looking to improve the barrier arrangements for future exhibitions.

We also had a great weekend, apart from the Dynamis not working on the Saturday. However we changed to the Hornby Elite on Sunday and ran faultlessly from then on. Thanks to all those who donated to our chosen charity Pain Concern. We raised almost £40 which is great for a show the size of Kendal. We presented a cheque for £500.75 to the charity at Model Rail Scotland and again we thank everyone who has given at North west shows this year.

Back to Kendal. Yes it is a good friendly show and I like to pick up modelling parts, tools etc at Squires. I normally use their mail order but it is nice to be able to get what we need at Kendal. Some good layouts again this year.

It was enjoyable working next to Phil on the Japanese layout and also the family on Alstom. It really does make a weekend more enjoyable when working next to sociable friendly people.

Archived