Shillingstone signal box.

• RMweb Gold

I have just bought the Bachmann model of Shillingstone signal box. Very nice it is to.

However, I now want to detail the interior.

Would anyone know of photographs of the interior?

If not, would the levers face the rear of the box or the front? Might seem daft but I seem to recall that some LSWR boxes had the levers facing the rear.

Regards,

The box, now re-instated, was;-

http://www.s-r-s.org.uk/html/srx/R457.htm

as you can tell, facing the line, I don't have pics but can get them, one of the society volunteers, by the name of Bob Downes, is a former signalman of pre-1966 days at Shillingstone, and can tell you all about the box ( and a member of our club in Blandford)

By the way, like the avatar.

Depending upon the period that you wish to model, be aware that the SRS diagrams depict the new frame (installed 1902). Also, you need to determine whether you need two or three tablet instruments, and the correct type :-)

• RMweb Gold

Depending upon the period that you wish to model, be aware that the SRS diagrams depict the new frame (installed 1902). Also, you need to determine whether you need two or three tablet instruments, and the correct type :-)

Long and short sections?

The box, now re-instated, was;-

http://www.s-r-s.org.uk/html/srx/R457.htm

as you can tell, facing the line, I don't have pics but can get them, one of the society volunteers, by the name of Bob Downes, is a former signalman of pre-1966 days at Shillingstone, and can tell you all about the box ( and a member of our club in Blandford)

By the way, like the avatar.

Very good to see you back Paul! Do hope all is well with you now.Very best wishes, Tim (with apologies for hi jacking the thread)

• 1 month later...

Archived