Paignton and Dartmouth steam railway

HELGI

Hello all, I am modelling Paignton station, Goodrington cs and including the P&DSR for mixed interest. The era I have chosen to base it on is 1987-1989. Photographs and videos of the mainline around the area at the time are in abundance so it is easy to see what was running. Unfortunately not so with the preserved railway and information is not so easy to find. What I am trying to find out is the definitive list of locomotives the steam railway owned and/or ran during these years. So far all my research has revealed is that: 4555, 5239, 7827 and d7535 were owned during this period. It appears that the Dart Valley Railway Company also owned what is now called the South Devon Railway at the time. I am not sure if the locomotives were ever moved around between the two railways. If anyone has any information on any of these subjects I would welcome it. If you know of any info on visiting locomotives from mainline tours at the time that would also be most helpful. I wish I had the opportunity to be there at the time doing the research. Unfortunately In 1987 I was 3 and lived in the midlands. Thank you all for your help. 

Archived