A surprise fine in NYC Grand Central Station

Savoyard

• RMweb Gold

i thought you'd been fined for taking a photo - I know they were cracking down on that not long back.

Last year in Cranbrook, British Columbia I wandered into my local book and magazine emporium and staring back at me from the rack was "The Jolly Fisherman" - helluva coincidence as I come from 5 miles down the road from Skegness!

And I've never seen BRM in New York! I've seen RM, MR, Rail Express, Back Track, Steam Railways BUT never BRM!!

The best proto mag is "RailPace" which covers the North East USA...................

Best, Pete.

Around 1960 I used to buy Hot Rod magazine and Road and Track from our local newsagents .I always thought it was odd that those two were always there as there were few Hot Rods in the UK .I dreamed of many a dream of owning a Duece Hot Rod .

That interurban issue looks interesting .I think a  small Norwich newsagent still sells it Classic Trains and Railroader .

That interurban issue looks interesting .I think a  small Norwich newsagent still sells it Classic Trains and Railroader .

It's definitely worth a look if you have an interest in Interurbans, it should be in a Smiths near you.

Classic Trains is always a good read. It's the only overseas mag I regularly look at thesedays...

It has a different style to it from the typical UK mags and a nice blend of different types of articles.

Highly Recommended..

• RMweb Premium

I used to enjoy classic trains, but our local (only one on the island!) WHS stopped getting it, despite my having it kept-by and purchasing every issue. They then decided to do away with the retained copies cabinet altogether, thus losing them 10 magazines a month I buy - now from subscription (if not available elsewhere on island) or from another newsagent.  Customer care?  None.

Grumpy of Little Island.

I couldnt find on locally without a trip to "city" so just ordered from Kalmbach .It works out the same as driving in and parking or taking  a bus .We never visit Norwich now except to the outskirts for PMT music which my wife has banned me from anyway .I note she hasnt banned me from B &Q or Wickes.

Archived