Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Re; your varnish..........could it be a tempreture issue,  as you are not running your central heating..........?

Sorry,.....not liking,............the "gravel"  surrounding the police house...

Presuming..........your revised title, "We are Sailing",  refers'   to  the Yak, on the pond.

an old Rod Steward song 1977,  also "linked"  to the Canberra, returning from the Falklands'.

Will, look up "Colourwheels" today, after our chat on the phone, last night...............

:drag:

• Like 2

There's a serious misconception, that I am she-devil.  :girldevil:

Who cracks her whip, and must be obeyed, or else  :triniti:  

Nothing could be further from the truth, I am a little angel :angel:

All soft and cuddly :friends: and nice and friendly :tender:not really scary  :scare:    :rolleyes:...............oh go on then........just a little bit  :scared:   :lol:  :tease:  

All soft and cuddly  and nice and friendly :tender:not really scary

Of course you are    ............................................................................................................................................................................................    :angel:    .............................................................      :stinker:   ...........

dt

Varnish. We are hoping the same, that our insulation below the loft is keeping it cold, hence it is reacting slowly...I will go investigate once slug a bed (not Kal ....my dad) makes an appearance, otherwise me clomping around in the loft will disturb him, :scared: hopefully the white has va(r)nished 

Kal also said, thanks be to.... that you have only test bedded it, it is enormous, if it was round and those big seaside pebbles, but FAR too big. But it was spare recovered from ballasting and a trial, so now two of you agree it will vanish.

Yak? 440px-Bos_grunniens_at_Yundrok_Yumtso_La I see no Yak....I think it appeared overnite then vanished......

Hope the colour wheel stops you feeling blue.....and all your problems vanish too.

Yes the Rod Stewart....We are Sailing.....is a maritime reference, to the yacht on the pond, the RAF rescue, and any other maritime joke that comes along, as with other titles it too will vanish, as it is superseded, by some other highly polished  varnished topic / on-dit.  :jester:  :jester:

Edited by Jaz

Jamie ........................

I can only assume that this is where you are heading to keep out of the way of the Flack which will be heading in your direction ............ :O

Keep smiling .................... and a good all-round lookout ........................... .............................. ........................ ......... ...

He will be Ok for a day or two, Jaz has got to put her broom in for MOT so she won't be travelling anywhere :angel: Edited by Kal

For Jamie   ..................   a timely warning   ..................     :friends:

It’s not the Tick of the Crocodile Clock
Feared so much by that Pirate, Hook.
But hark the clicks of the Claws on the Paws
And the teeth in both pairs of those doggie Jaws
When the sounds draw close and you start to feel sick
Enjoy the last smile of the Doberman Chick......    :yes:

Jaz

Gina will have to be careful where she parks that thing, as they blocked off reverse, until you had a full License.

A mate at school parked his front-on to the School wall and couldn't get out. The ground was sloping down to the wall too   .....   we didn't leave him there for very long   ...    honest  ..... :pardon:

Hmmm..!!...Wonders

It’s not the Tick of the Crocodile Clock
Feared so much by that Pirate, Hook.
But hark the clicks of the Claws on the Paws
And the teeth in both pairs of those doggie Jaws
When the sounds draw close and you start to feel sick
Enjoy the last smile of the Doberman Chick...... 

Should I now recon., my next vist to A.V..............this year....... :no: ..

Well not much happening today... :(

Lots and lots of reading about track and pondering about swapping the Goathland section of Peco track with some c&l or smp track.

No conclusion yet.

Go for it, Kal. Given the daily increase in quality visible in Jaz's  scenics, that extra edge would be worthwhile. I think you have a sneaking fancy for the change, and you have the technical skills. And - for what it's worth - there's the mainstream RMweb kudos of such excellence! :O  :jester:

Me? Donald Ducked. Family health bull-ox as usual! Hence my non-response to your last on DCC, etc. Sorry.  :cry:

Tony.

Kal

The good thing about the standard of the rest of the layout is that even if you use Code 100, the eye will not be drawn to it with the amazing scenics. :sungum:

There are many examples on the forum of Peco 100 that doesn't look out of place due to the ballasting, weathering and scenery.

Duncan

Hi

I am going to get some in and have a try, but my brain is stuck around a few questions.

If I wanted bullhead, it is a no brainer, you can just buy some code 75 from C&L or Marcway BUT...

My layout is present day, so it is unlikely that bullhead would exist anywhere other than maybe on a heritage line. The rest of the layout can await my test though and will probably never be changed. New sections may use it though and peco moved to fiddle yards.

I need to try and find out what Goathland and Sheffield park use today  If it is Bullhead simples, if not then I need to think a bit further.

Also I need to think about turnouts, stick with Peco, use Marcway or hand build. Anyway lets get some track first then decide.

• Like 1

I must admit I'd forgotten your contemporary modelling, probably because I think of Goathland in more traditional terms rather than modern. Anyway, it is good to have a play with the stuff. One pro point is the exact nature of hand-made turnouts which can be made dead right whereas Peco (which I use) is always some sort of average geometry. Many people - Sandside for example - discover a real pleasure in track construction.

For myself, I've simply too much track! - plus I've a collection of older locomotives with coarser flanges, so code 100 is a must.

I look forward to your play-time views.

Tony.

• Like 2

I've got six boxes of C&L Code 7- B/H that may yet be going cheap, Kal  :O  :O :o  :O  :O  :O  :O  

But seriously....

Once you try some, you might not want to go pack to Peco.  Even their Code70 feels coarse after putting down the C+L.  And I have yet to find a piece of rolling stock that had a chair/flange clearance issue - despite there being many comments about this as a possible problem.

Of course the thing is, there was plenty of F/B around in the late steam era - Jeff at KirkbyStephen has photos of the S&C and most of them show F/B rail - so B/H may not be what yiu need anyway... but it looks soooo nice!

LOL

39C here today.  And yesterday.  And tomorrow.  Yech!

Cheers

Scott

I must admit I'd forgotten your contemporary modelling, probably because I think of Goathland in more traditional terms rather than modern. Anyway, it is good to have a play with the stuff. One pro point is the exact nature of hand-made turnouts which can be made dead right whereas Peco (which I use) is always some sort of average geometry. Many people - Sandside for example - discover a real pleasure in track construction.

For myself, I've simply too much track! - plus I've a collection of older locomotives with coarser flanges, so code 100 is a must.

I look forward to your play-time views.

Tony.

Hi Tony

Yes it is contemporary, but I see this more for it's flexibility than me wanting to be bog on accurate to umth degree. That said when is is convenient I would like to try my hand at getting a bit closer to reality and push the realms of my ability when I can. :blind:

I do not have any issue with my PECO stuff, including the 100 track on Kalborough goods passing loops, so I am not about to rip it out and become a anti-peco convert, we see enough of that from people who have seen the light regarding, smoking, sugar, meat etc etc. and now in there minds, anyone who did what they had done for years is now an blasphemer.  :rtfm:

I might not even do it or do it and not like it, so I would look a bit silly being such a radical  :tomato:  

So even if it is not Bullhead today, maybe... I might do it anyway, just because it would provide something a bit different. 

You may notice they the track at the very back of Kalborough is PECO Steel, to which I find out recently is only used on secondary lines.  HO hum, i like it, it is a bit different and I just won't photograph it with HST's running along it. For HST's think it as a fiddle yard track. :angel:

• Like 1

I've got six boxes of C&L Code 7- B/H that may yet be going cheap, Kal  :O  :O :o  :O  :O  :O  :O  

But seriously....

Once you try some, you might not want to go pack to Peco.  Even their Code70 feels coarse after putting down the C+L.  And I have yet to find a piece of rolling stock that had a chair/flange clearance issue - despite there being many comments about this as a possible problem.

Of course the thing is, there was plenty of F/B around in the late steam era - Jeff at KirkbyStephen has photos of the S&C and most of them show F/B rail - so B/H may not be what yiu need anyway... but it looks soooo nice!

LOL

39C here today.  And yesterday.  And tomorrow.  Yech!

Cheers

Scott

Hi I don't want Track that goes Cheap!!!!  It needs to go clickety clack like the rest of my track.  :senile:

Regarding FB, yep that is what I am finding, and it surprises me that C&L and Marcway do not do Flexitrack in FB.  :O

I see you can get the sleepers, but the only flat bottom seems to be 82, so I may need to give them a call to understand why.  :mail:

Jeff uses NH on KL though does he not?

Edited by Kal

I have learnt something with this PIIR IF you put PVA on it to strengthen it , it may or may not it stronger per say BUT it makes it a LOT harder to push figures into it. I pushed a dart casting in and broke the foot i.e. the leg gave way before the PIR did. I though this was a n unfortunate one off, but it happened again with a different white metal figure. I am now using a suitable piece of copper to make holes before damaging any more figures!!!!

I have repaired the figures with ZAP plasti-zap, and though I had to hold the metal in place for seveal minutes it does seem to be ok. I will however be treating these damaged pieces much more carefully!!!!

Edited by Jaz