Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

trying to imitate water droplets at this size in nigh on impossible....well for me....and on this surface...anyway......

med_gallery_17883_2760_449037.jpgrmweb2395wall240

and in order to outline Brit Farmer....I cheated and used a black fine felt tip......

med_gallery_17883_2760_357275.jpgrmweb2396wall241

I need a fine black outline (umm yes thats why i went and found the fine tipped felt pen) then a thin line of the red showing thru the water, then a thin white line for a lower reflection, then more red showing through, then a top white dot, and I cant cheat on the red and white as the red is a Tamiya weathering red which has a good glossy finish (and hopefully remains so on this stuff when it dries)

...at te moment it looks as hough it is bleeding....yuk......but the red transparent over the white opaque gives a glassy effect

the dot is too big, too central, and makes the water droplets appear flat....gggrrrr

med_gallery_17883_2760_558610.jpgrmweb2397wall242

I noticed the shape of the leaf had gone a little off the normal, so some concrete paint, and some red and black for a quick reshape

and make the white dots smaller and a little off centre

med_gallery_17883_2760_221149.jpgrmweb2398wall243

• Like 5

so how long will the wall be then Jaz, assuming you get more takers wanting a Banksy type face on here hahhaha. will there be any room for trains in a years time?

Looking good though, excellent art work, love the Spitfire.

Bodge

I finally corrected the mouth on artizen's avatar

med_gallery_17883_2760_718160.jpgrmweb2401wall246

and started on the mini driver riding on her dads cap badge.

med_gallery_17883_2760_520887.jpgrmweb2402wall247

J asked for speed lines.....so need to go google and work out how to do them....

• Like 3

Hello I'm awake now, it's dark. Just keep the Garlic away.

That wall gets more and more awesome every day, splendid work.

Think we'll have to christen it the Great Wall of AV. If it gets any bigger it will be seen from outer space.

I'll see if I can get those pictures you want. Only trouble is I'm not sure when I'm next in P'boro. Think I'm out with the choppers most of this week. Don't worry though I'll sort them out.

Right going to climb back into my coffin now.

Cheers

Marcus.

Edited by Marcus 37

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jaz, a big thank you for my inclusion onto your wall, to call it a Graffiti wall would be a great injustice, as everyone's avatar/picture that you have done has been done with care, and great skill in such a small size, and on such a difficult surface. I think it would be better named Jaz's Wall Of Art. The Spirit of Kent is proud to fly on your wall. all the best Adrian 

• Like 1

Hi Jaz, a big thank you for my inclusion onto your wall, to call it a Graffiti wall would be a great injustice, as everyone's avatar/picture that you have done has been done with care, and great skill in such a small size, and on such a difficult surface. I think it would be better named Jaz's Wall Of Art. The Spirit of Kent is proud to fly on your wall. all the best Adrian

Jaz being so religious, I call it The Pristine Chapel...

(BTW: Jaz you ARE religious, which is all about Spirit, Love, Creativity and Compassion. All the rest are just labels... IMHO)

Edited by Brass0four

In general I think there is enough bad things out there that I do not need to add to it. So if I have something I think is nice to say. I say it.....

.....and if not...I shut up...........................................................it's true I tell.....I do sometimes pause.....and think nope.....not going there.......

and I learnt a lesson a long time ago, IF you think something needs pointing out....do not do it in front of others......posturing in front of a crowd.....is mean

....e.g.        PM a person if I notice a mistake on their posts.........

....also I do not go round saying  nice things just for the sake of it....when I say them I mean them.....otherwise I would undermine/dilute my own opinion.......

not that my opinion is particularly worthy......I do the parts of the layout I enjoy and can cope with....the hard technical stuff I leave to Kal. 

Without him I would probably be on a Warhammer forum LOL. where 28mm figures are so much easier.to paint.... :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

BRM is having a vote for the October entry......two people many of us know are in that shortlist for their layouts.....

I have voted already......

Both of them (you can only vote for one) could do with support....

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/87624-brm-october-rmweb-edition-choose-your-content/

If you can only vote for one why does it let you fill in more than one box?

It certainly does not let you vote for nothing as I tried it with the last section.

• RMweb Gold

maybe one vote each section....often if u do more than one u become a null vote....could you see ur name on multiple entries?

I chose multiple items in each section, and it allowed all of them.

BRM is having a vote for the October entry......two people many of us know are in that shortlist for their layouts.....

I have voted already......

Both of them (you can only vote for one) could do with support....

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/87624-brm-october-rmweb-edition-choose-your-content/

You know, thinking afterwards, I'm not sure if I like this. Fair enough - give RMweb folk a say in The Mag - but I don't like being +forced to make choices, particularly when there are a couple of layouts you admire equally, but are very different in content. I can guess yours, Jaz, and my alternative would be the same. I don't like picking sides in this arena... Will the seconder be in Novembers??? We don't know...

*troubled smilie*

+I know we aren't "forced", but...

Edited by Brass0four

It is not that simple or that bad................AndyY explains on this thread...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/87624-brm-october-rmweb-edition-choose-your-content/&do=findComment&comment=1503863

I posted there......as per below......

Plus imagine offering a spot to someone who fails to come up with the goods. The pressure on some people might be extensive. As Andy Y said, the offer was put out there. And if one person has put forward more than once piece is it still not worthy of consideration? BRM would appear willing to help people cope, but you have no idea of their health, their commitments, or indeed many other factors. All the entries are worthy. And BRM are stating this is not their only chance....just the FIRST chance. I am sure in time many of us will be pleased to see more than one of these. I voted, but  there are a couple of people I would love to see in print as I regularly look at their layouts. But I am sure that the others will turn out to be interesting. BRM is a class magazine. I am sure all the entries are pleased to have got on the list. Hopefully in the fullness of time, considering BRM has a balance for its issues, this will all be seen.

BUT people had to respond to the offer to get to this point. 

Good luck to all, and particularly my two favourites.

Am now waiting with baited breath to see which RMwebber will get published.....  :sungum:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Tony, I don't think it's a case of "either / or" and there's no compulsion to pick just one. For instance, we know that Jason's layout has already been photographed for the mag - Andy York did it last month, so irrespective of the voting, it will appear at some point. I think it's an interesting experiment, by the magazine editors, and possibly a chance for them to get some feedback about what sort of content we the readers would prefer to see.

I agree with your view, and also think because it was an offer to RMwebbers to put their work forward, it highlights to people that they can if they wish offer work to BRM. Layouts, Blogs, etc. There are many people here with great work, that would be just as enjoyable in a magazine, and shared to another audience.

As for camps....i have voted one way, and have another favourite. And as act_mr says I think in the fullness of time most if not al will be put forward. The thing is you have to enter a race in order to have any chance what so ever of winning it.

Edited by Jaz