Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Is anyone going to Spalding Show next weekend? Edward...don't call me Eddie.......always puts on a good show. Plus with the shops all nearby .....ie 2 mins walk.....M+S, Romans, Klass, Thorntons, Subway, Cotton Traders, etc etc at Springfields shopping. The main shop will have LOADS of Xmas decorations.....it is easy to con the wife into looking at the shops while you sneak off to the show...and free parking. There is a pub lunch available or Frankie and Bennys, coffee shop......oh and a shoe shop or too..............

• Like 4

A while ago you wondered what the inside of the Salisbury Market Square was like   .......    

you wouldn't believe how the car was parked  .....    definitely Mrs Malaprop Maladjusted  .....   it is a wonder I didn't get my "collar felt"  ...............   the things I do for model trains    ...  :jester:

The overall view without the Market Traders    ...........   

15119954454_f40fb936e8_c.jpg
Salisbury Market Sq 1 by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

Closer to the left   .........

15554050099_b7b4b09779_c.jpg
Salisbury Market Sq 4 by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

Then to the right   .....    the backs of the ones in the corner by the Wool Market building  ........

15554045229_1285945203_c.jpg
Salisbury Market Sq 3 by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

• Like 1

A while ago you wondered what the inside of the Salisbury Market Square was like   .......    

you wouldn't believe how the car was parked  .....    definitely Mrs Malaprop Maladjusted  .....   it is a wonder I didn't get my "collar felt"  ...............   the things I do for model trains    ...  :jester:

The overall view without the Market Traders    ...........   

15119954454_f40fb936e8_c.jpg

Salisbury Market Sq 1 by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

Closer to the left   .........

15554050099_b7b4b09779_c.jpg

Salisbury Market Sq 4 by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

Then to the right   .....    the backs of the ones in the corner by the Wool Market building  ........

15554045229_1285945203_c.jpg

Salisbury Market Sq 3 by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

Thanks for the effort, hope the camera is proving a good buy.... :sungum:

can you sneak into the same spot when the market is open???? :scared:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Is anyone going to Spalding Show next weekend? Edward...don't call me Eddie.......always puts on a good show. Plus with the shops all nearby .....ie 2 mins walk.....M+S, Romans, Klass, Thorntons, Subway, Cotton Traders, etc etc at Springfields shopping. The main shop will have LOADS of Xmas decorations.....it is easy to con the wife into looking at the shops while you sneak off to the show...and free parking. There is a pub lunch available or Frankie and Bennys, coffee shop......oh and a shoe shop or too..............

I'm clicking like, but I won't be able to make it. :( hope you have a good time there. Isn't one of the presenters from That's Life a part of the Spalding MRC? I'm sure he's written an article about creating a station building.

And for those who need a close up......

med_gallery_17883_3149_110941.jpgrmweb3347repaint24

the dark lighting means you can see a man serving just not the prizes.....

Golly gosh...that lad is still deciding which is the bigger candy floss....his dads arms must be killing him...

med_gallery_17883_3149_372421.jpgrmweb3348repaint25

and the door with the Candy floss tag..

med_gallery_17883_3149_95532.jpgrmweb3349repaint26

• Like 10

1.  Might do........ :drag:

2.  That's no problem for me.......... :drag:

The camera is good    ......    even allows manual focus, [with a magnified selection of the screen while you twiddle the lens]    ..................     like most things, the only problem is the "driver"  ....    :scratchhead:  :scratchhead:

Thanks for the effort, hope the camera is proving a good buy.... :sungum:

can you sneak into the same spot when the market is open???? :scared:

I had better try for the Tuesday Market  ..........     Also it might be an idea to take the Bus   ......   if you look in the Driver's Door Mirror, in the first picture  .....    you can se a car trying to weave around the rear of my car, sticking out into the road      ....    the busses didn't like it too much either!!    ....................     I was the guy everyone says "What the H*** does that bloke think he is trying to do!"   ........      :jester:    .........     :O

• Like 2

1.  Might do........ :drag:

2.  That's no problem for me.......... :drag:

Bed...breakfast...and a show......your spoilt........

and the girlfriend is REALLY looking forward to your visit..... :jester:  :jester:  :jester: ......she's been preening her paws / claws........

Jazz, have you heard from Neil (Anotheran) lately or have I missed a holiday or work commitment post?

Kind regards,

Jock.

He was logged on yesterday, according to his profile. Just not posting.

I have times that i prefer to read then write, so maybe he is feeling the same.

Bed...breakfast...and a show......your spoilt........

and the girlfriend is REALLY looking forward to your visit..... :jester:  :jester:  :jester: ......she's been preening her paws / claws........

Should have read the smaller,  of the small print @ this lesser known coaching inn,before booking.

"Dog walking a must do"

Can't really say, no,  when you see a full set of nasher's smiling at you, :drag:             Wonder's ? is she really smiling...?....... :O 

:no:

• Like 1

Should have read the smaller,  of the small print @ this lesser known coaching inn,before booking.

"Dog walking a must do"

Can't really say, no,  when you see a full set of nasher's smiling at you, :drag:             Wonder's ? is she really smiling...?....... :O

:no:

i do believe its NOT a smile, more of a fully belly laugh........especially when the person in front is tight in the corner.....on tipped toes.......

luckily she likes you.

To be fair she liked Anthony (Marcus37's son) and he was not given the option to walk her....in case she bolted.......

Morn-in,                practicing, local dialect, for visit.

Found another use for your           Air Con. Unit's              click link,scroll to bottom of page.

oooh I like the link.....British railway Signals, Telegraph poles,Cable Conduits and Switch Boxes......me like.....thank you :sungum:

• RMweb Gold

Jaz,

That is a good site for lots of stuff.  I never get past the pre-grouping goods though, ah yes, and the 'What is outside the railway'.

Spalding Show.  It would be a 5 hour round trip so I do not think we would be there.

i do believe its NOT a smile, more of a fully belly laugh........especially when the person in front is tight in the corner.....on tipped toes.......

luckily she likes you.

To be fair she liked Anthony (Marcus37's son) and he was not given the option to walk her....in case she bolted.......

Don't believe, I found, the "Tick Box", option's on the booking form.

Did find the tick box option, for the "Helicopter Lift", in case of emergency,   stating,  ....

Credit Card number must be supplied in advance. (in case of unconsciousness).

Have you seen this............................

Spalding Exhibition 15/16th Nov 2014           fancy that.... :drag:  ?

Morning all,

Been busy for a couple of days and just called for a quick look - no chance. Jazz and Kal, this has to be one of the fastest growing threads on RMweb! Great ideas tempered with the usual humour, thank you.

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 1

Morning all,

Been busy for a couple of days and just called for a quick look - no chance. Jazz and Kal, this has to be one of the fastest growing threads on RMweb! Great ideas tempered with the usual humour, thank you.

Kind regards,

Jock.

And well spotted you...about Anotheran  he has popped up, although his mum has had a nasty scare,so he will be busy for a while, we can only wish him the best, and will look forward to him being able to get back to modelling, hopefully with his mum having recovered.

Sometimes it isn’t the inhabitants that decide what exists  …..   Here is a little village, with only a few inhabitants  …

15648221796_3a4982168b_c.jpg

Castle Coombe 3 by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

Picture, below, with one Pub behind and another in sight on the left of the picture  ……   you don’t get many places with 2 Pubs and only a couple of dozen houses   ……  

A place familiar to Kal & Jaz   .....   if they can remember after visiting the hostelries :jester:   ............    the one on the left of the picture used to have the best Home-made hot Pork Pies EVER!  ....    :danced:

15670030821_a80f72d25b_c.jpg

Castle Coombe 2 by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

Visitors  …   that’s the reason why   ……......    all because of a film called Dr Doolittle  ...   :O

Came out of the house one day   …..

15670028591_9bc25aff48_c.jpg

Old Courthouse 1 by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

………    turned left out of the black door there and walked down the street     …..   there were 2 nice old American ladies just in front

“Gee Winifred, these places look just so beautiful.  Why don’t we have any places like this back home?”

…..    Couldn’t resist, I’m afraid    …….

“That, Madam, would be because Americans simply haven't been around for long enough.”  ……..    :jester:  :jester:

I know this is now moved on.....but I forgot to mention....THe church at castle coombe is so old it has a crusader buried there, and on the side has pictures of the work his children did, a really lovely place to visit, the castle is gone, the stone not, reused to build many of this homes.....a lovely day out.

• Like 2

I have mentioned this before   ....................    eerr  ...............   huum  .......      elsewhere  ..............

But it is worth another turn   .................

I know this is now moved on.....but I forgot to mention....THe church at castle coombe is so old it has a crusader buried there, and on the side has pictures of the work his children did, a really lovely place to visit, the castle is gone, the stone not, reused to build many of this homes.....a lovely day out.

The Vicar at around the time I was there was a bit of an old "Lad"   ............     :O

He used to wander round the Church when the tourists were there [particularly those who thought they were the first civilisation on the other side of the pond, as they were well caught up in the ancient things, which pre-date USA]

..............    he would announce Sir Walter de Dunstanville to the visitors and point out that - "the poor old fella died twice      .............    because his crossed legs meant that he died far from home, on a second Crusade and his sword laid along his body with his hands holding the hilt meant he also died while in combat"   ...................     it is surprising how many took the words quite literally   .....     :jester:  :jester:

.....    amazing what circumstances - with a bit of ancient stonework and a straight faced, posh spoken, English Vicar, can do to stop people working out the facts    .....    :angel: 

....    "Goodness Wilma, just imagine that - died twice - and so far from home too ...  how sad is that eh " - in hushed tones as they left to consider such an awful ending to a Noble Man  .......   

• Like 2

I needed to paint some tarp....and luckily remembered CW&R had had a go (page 11 of A New Start)

I also need to pay attention to what I'm painting...

med_gallery_17883_3149_332984.jpgrmweb3351repaint27

correct product wrong packaging...

med_gallery_17883_3149_538021.jpgrmweb3350repaint27

twice....

med_gallery_17883_3149_222664.jpgrmweb3352repaint28

and the first coat of paint

med_gallery_17883_3149_210199.jpgrmweb3353repaint29

also photographed on the fly sorry for the quality...

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 4

I also used the paint on the left thinly, over the top of the paint on the right (which i the one that was treated with IPA as getting a bit thick)

med_gallery_17883_3149_340307.jpgrmweb3353repaint30

then changed to weathering colours

pale new boxes, dark old boxes, and green army boxes....still needs some white or black numbering...need to find my letterset

oh and some green on the tarp....

med_gallery_17883_3149_90679.jpgrmweb3353repaint31

and added the shadows in the crevices

med_gallery_17883_3149_408478.jpgrmweb3353repaint32

both directions

med_gallery_17883_3149_52133.jpgrmweb3357repaint33

This was got for part of the 'airport' / ''helicopter pad' update......with the historical open day.......

This will be added to the layout of course ....

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3