Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

• RMweb Gold

You've got some great and inspiring photos there Jaz. There's a lot of atmosphere going on in them.

Regarding the doormat, lucky they didn't have one with Welcome on it :)

One for the kids and the young at heart

med_gallery_17883_3195_421188.jpgrmweb3414spalding2014

med_gallery_17883_3195_629746.jpgrmweb3415spalding2014

licorice sweeties.......looking very similar to a famous brand...

med_gallery_17883_3195_230149.jpgrmweb3416spalding2014

med_gallery_17883_3195_550325.jpgrmweb3417spalding2014

traecle mine....walnut shells carrying the goodies

med_gallery_17883_3195_139212.jpgrmweb3418spalding2014

One of the operators narrates an excellent history of the treacle mine and the liquorice, have a good look at the trees....

• Like 4

OMG !

Coming back to your site after a spell way is like nodding off for a second or two in a Planetarium and waking up a few billion years later. :scratchhead:

Loved your interlude with the Del Boy/Batman caption competition and now those lovely pics from the Spalding show.

Especially enjoyed

• the melding of detail buildings and the semi abstract outline back scene on the Melton North layout (and the precision allotments!)
  • that wonderful French layout - for me it harks back to the early 1950s when my folks allowed me off to bike off from Calais across to the Rhein/Moselle.

Mind you.... if I were organising an exhibition and hoping for a reasonable turn-out, I'd ban ladies flaunting pink ipads! :nono:

dhig

[edit of typos]

Edited by runs as required
  • Like 1

Hi

No unfortunately, we will not be going to Warley, I just do not like the NEC for this type of show.

Many reasons, but I would never try to put anyone off as those reasons are my own and others would have their own perspective.

We will be looking for pictures from others if available, but I am not looking to feel as if I was there ;)

OMG !

Coming back to your site after a spell way is like nodding off for a second or two in a Planetarium and waking up a few billion years later. :scratchhead:

Loved your interlude with the Del Boy/Batman caption competition and now those lovely pics from the Spalding show.

Especially enjoyed

• the melding of detail buildings and the semi abstract outline back scene on the Melton North layout (and the precision allotments!)
  • that wonderful French layout - for me it harks back to the early 1950s when my folks allowed me off to bike off from Calais across to the Rhein/Moselle.

Mind you.... if I were organising an exhibition and hoping for a reasonable turn-out, I'd ban ladies flaunting pink ipads! :nono:

dhig

[edit of typos]

No problems there then....next time i see YOU......in real life... IT will probably have a broken screen.....if you can't run fast enough.......hehehe.......... :jester:

And to be fait Kal's new iPhone 6 plus outclasses it and it much smaller so less likelihood of ME dinging layouts...(I have to be very careful of people not knocking me while i am leaning too far in to these lovely layouts!!!!!1)

Still trying to make time for your excellent idea to resolve my roofing problem on Ye Olde Whyte Horse...plus I should try and get some glycerine...rather than use PVA......and O keep forgetting !!!!

con'td....

med_gallery_17883_3195_197336.jpgrmweb3437spalding2014

tut tut.... :jester:

med_gallery_17883_3195_236997.jpgrmweb3438spalding2014

med_gallery_17883_3195_227849.jpgrmweb3439spalding2014

O gauge ...figures to die for....

med_gallery_17883_3195_627746.jpgrmweb3440spalding2014

and don't ask me why only ONE picture of the station :scratchhead:

med_gallery_17883_3195_10207.jpgrmweb3441spalding2014

• Like 5

So   ............    time for an Ode  .........

Loads more pictures to post of Spalding....sorry coming in dribs and drabs....but we are getting the most out of Davids visit......extra lighting in the old loft is going in as I speak... :sungum:

The Truth Will Out

An invite was sent for David to stay.
‘Though he wasn’t aware he was going to pay.
It wasn’t the dog he was asked for at all,
It was to screw new Electrics up on the wall.

The show was all bluff,
The Pink IPad just fluff,
He asked to go up and look at the layout,
Once up in the loft it was time for his pay-out.  

.............................................    :triniti:  :triniti: 

:jester:  :jester: 

• Like 2

So   ............    time for an Ode  .........

An invite was sent for David to stay.

‘Though he wasn’t aware he was going to pay........

........The show was all bluff,

The Pink IPad just fluff,

He asked to go up and look at the layout,

Once up in the loft it was time for his pay-out.  

.............................................    :triniti:  :triniti:

Oo-er.... this all seems a bit sinister

If dt stops posting from Dover,  I suggest that in a few weeks, we ought to investigate a funny smell coming from behind the insulation in the new loft extension

I have to agree RaR,

They were posting pictures all morning,     ................     but there has been nothing since I posted an hour ago    ...........     :O

Oo-er.... this all seems a bit sinister

If dt stops posting from Dover,  I suggest that in a few weeks, we ought to investigate a funny smell coming from behind the insulation in the new loft extension

............................      maybe they have already done a runner, having been rumbled so soon    ..........................      :scratchhead:

• Like 1

funny smell ....never...... :angel:

...........rattling of chains.....maybe ....... :jester: ........ :girldevil:

edit= and he's well fed......home made shepherds pie.....he had seconds!!!!! The whole tray disappeared VERY fast.........even the dog was whinging.......because she barely got any scraps......

lunch today homemade chicken and garlic pasta (corn and rice) with basil.........no seconds but he smacked his lips........

He might need bigger trousers or a larger belt when he gets home......

2nd edit=LOL David said he's already walked the dog today!!!!! But we have TWO!!!!!!!!

3rd edit= David says.....oi you two house husbands....shouldn't you be mopping the kitchen floor......

Edited by Jaz

I'll apologise now just in case....because I have a problem with the next couple of layouts trying to work out which pictures are which. Spalding Show was a n absolute crush....the atmosphere was buzzing all weekend....and sometimes getting my pictures was very difficult, some good layouts were impossible to photograph. Anyway the next two are hard to separate ....hopefully I get it correct...

med_gallery_17883_3195_108399.jpgrmweb3442spalding2014

med_gallery_17883_3195_552950.jpg

med_gallery_17883_3195_112239.jpg

med_gallery_17883_3195_407467.jpg

med_gallery_17883_3195_382041.jpg???

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 4