Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

I also added some black weather to the lines on various of the vehicles....Inspector Morses Jag

it subtle and just killing too much shine, and emphasing the grills etc

med_gallery_17883_3493_214367.jpg3707

and adding more vehicles

med_gallery_17883_3493_52295.jpg3710

more updated figures as well

med_gallery_17883_3493_342.jpg3711

the more shadows they have the better they photograph

med_gallery_17883_3493_146456.jpg3712

• Like 4

and the first snow covered trees hit the layout, along with a whole host of extra detailing

med_gallery_17883_3493_100253.jpg3719

I mentioned previously that the pilothouse has the white on the drainpipe bleeding onto the brick work this has now been recoloured

med_gallery_17883_3493_234441.jpg3720

you might spot fact that i have added some of the black weathering to the post box and telephone box also as previously mentioned

the 'hole' where the letters go in is now in shadow,a no entry sign has appeared (it needs a matching one for the other side)

and more 1960ish vehicles and people have hit the area

med_gallery_17883_3493_198191.jpg3721

and lol the paint has dried and gone too transparent another coat will need to be applied...

med_gallery_17883_3493_343188.jpg3722

oh and earlier i add water along several parts of the gutters and ran some black in to give some additional shading.

• Like 6

the colours are still building up, and there is now more convincing depth.

med_gallery_17883_3493_574076.jpg3723

this is the last picture for tonite i have more, but will upload them later.

med_gallery_17883_3493_144907.jpg3724

FYI...if you just look back at 3719 you can see the back of the layout, which includes 2 tracks room for a platform the other side, and I am setting the last row of shops, so that if i want to make a change i can fit in a station. When this area is complete I will pop it up. And even run a train or two in. So although it is an Xmas diorama, and a town layout, it can also be an actual railway station in a town. Several of the smaller stations would fit here.Plus the PIR wa chosen to be at platform height  :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum:

• Like 6

and the first snow covered trees hit the layout, along with a whole host of extra detailing

med_gallery_17883_3493_100253.jpg3719

I mentioned previously that the pilothouse has the white on the drainpipe bleeding onto the brick work this has now been recoloured

med_gallery_17883_3493_234441.jpg3720

you might spot fact that i have added some of the black weathering to the post box and telephone box also as previously mentioned

the 'hole' where the letters go in is now in shadow,a no entry sign has appeared (it needs a matching one for the other side)

and more 1960ish vehicles and people have hit the area

med_gallery_17883_3493_198191.jpg3721

and lol the paint has dried and gone too transparent another coat will need to be applied...

med_gallery_17883_3493_343188.jpg3722

oh and earlier i add water along several parts of the gutters and ran some black in to give some additional shading.

Jaz

I hate to point this out. The 'No Entry' sign isn't. It is a national speed limit sign

Some very delectable cars circulating in Louth your diarama.

I always rather fancied a Jowett Javelin like my stylish friend with string back gloves owned....but instead ended up paying through the nose to keep first a big Citroen DS like that then, much later, a yellow 2CV motoring until eventually I saw sense....

:senile:

dhig

Edited by runs as required

• RMweb Premium

Jaz

I hate to point this out. The 'No Entry' sign isn't. It is a national speed limit sign

Even if it was "no-entry", there's a car facing the wrong way......... Oh - it's a Police car, so that's Ok then...... :scratchhead:

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

Even if it was "no-entry", there's a car facing the wrong way......... Oh - it's a Police car, so that's Ok then...... :scratchhead:

Cheers,

Mick

Kal agrees with you...I pointed out i am just trying out ideas as it develops.....but he said I need a plan.....

my plan is to develop it as i go.... :angel:

Thank you for pointing out the bloopers tho....for some strange reason I was sure that was a no entry sign.....my headache is clearly effecting my thinking

I would like to light some of the shops, but so many of them have the cardboard cut outs in them, so that i suppose i will have to look at improving at least one in order to light it......luckily a number of the exhibition photographs i have in my gallery will give me some good ideas.

• Like 1

Will sent you some drain covers' , for Christmas, looks like you need lot's,

the odd welliegraph pole and Red phone boxes too.

Leaf/litter   , your infamous cat's and birds,    only observations, I know you only have just started,  no doubt, you have them on your lists.

Edited by David Todd

Leaf/litter   , your infamous cat's and birds,    only observations, I know you only have just started,  no doubt, you have them on your lists.

Here is your Christmas present..............................SLF135.jpg           MANHOLE-WATER-HYDRANT-DRAIN COVERS Over 150 covers of 18 different types Ref: SLF135  

Place it on an A4, cut carefully, with a scalpel..................... :jester: 

• Like 1

yes ...in order to make this as good as i can...i will borrow stuff from other areas......

if i have time i'm considering a Santa's grotto.....although i do NOT have any 1:72/76/84 or similar reindeer.....it all depends on just how much i can get done, once i have the essentials in place. and there is still a lot of road, and pavement to sort and colour, before i can play with the good bits.

The side road or back alley will be Purrfect for Batman and Robin ... :sungum:  :sungum:  :sungum: .........

there will of course be at least one surprise for Xmas YOU can't open all your prezzies before ;p......

Edited by Jaz

Here is your Christmas present..............................SLF135.jpg           MANHOLE-WATER-HYDRANT-DRAIN COVERS Over 150 covers of 18 different types Ref: SLF135  

Place it on an A4, cut carefully, with a scalpel..................... :jester: 

yes yes perfect.....big hug......

you haven't seen any reindeer??????

Just need some "road works" Jaz :senile:

cones and lamps ect....

I have road works, but I think them far too modern. I remember in the 80s my best friend had a spitfire and someone had a load of sand on the road and some idiot stole the lamps (similar to the railway ones) and in the dark she drove into it!!!!! :O  :O  :O .....luckily she was looking for another friends house and driving slowly...she contacted the police who came out with more. So what would 1960s road works look like????

I spoke to Julian yesterday, and I will be making sandwich boards from scratch, the type they put out to advertise side alleys, 

Any other shopping area fluff people can think off would be appreciated. All the little bits will add up to a cohesive whole....I hope....