Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

This link agrees.....and I did some googles to check 'em out they seem accurate.....

the TV ones were pretty boring colours......BUT the Film ones....which I remember......were more colourful. I used to hide under the sofa in the lounge to watch, and overtime I jumped when  i was scared I hit my head on the wood......it would have been better to sit ON the sofa and hide under a blanket / coat or similar. I remember the Black being a boss, and thought there was lots of red ones......the pale silvery ones are not overly memorable in my mind....

http://www.thedoctorwhosite.co.uk/dalek/types/

1960s Movie Daleks

from the link

....they have a full inventory and a lot of other info......

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

For some strange reason I have this idea I saw a number of Daleks in wagons on a train.....but can't find the reference for it.......I wanted to duplicate it....which is hard as I can't find the original idea despite googling it.

Eeerr  .....

..........   who is Dave Ros ......     :scratchhead:

cheeky monkey....come here let me slap you........... :jester:

Eeerr  .....

..........   who is Dave Ros ......     :scratchhead:

• Like 1

Oh1 ..  Oh1  ......   twice  .........    :sungum:  :sungum:

............   quick ....   quick   ..........................................    where did I leave those shorts   ...........................    :jester:  :jester:

And that one's deleted, too. If anyone was offended I'm sorry.

Hal aka Tony aka the euthanised Brass0four.

Don't beat yourself up about it, JCredfer, DT and Runs as Reqd are really old friends way before this forum, and they can pull a leg with the best of them, admittedly some people don't always get our humour, because some of the jokes have run so long even we forget their origins.....LOL..

...The trick is to be obscure.....whilst leaving a breadcrumb trail the others can follow.......and once in a blue moon we have to PM each other for clarification LOL....and lord help the viewers if we are completely bemused. :jester:

Still it's easier than when the devils were writing everything in morse code......I had to go google replies and comments LOL......

This thread tends to be like a layer cake, one reason why there are so many pictures, while we are messing about....it keeps the thread grounded.....if Dr Who,a film studio and a love of the quirky  can be counted as grounded....  :scratchhead:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Is that why you all use full stops far too much, to the point where it's hard to follow what on Earth you are on about? I thought your keyboards were knackered.

Either way, it annoys the crap out of me and I don't bother even trying to read.................. The ........... Pos.......ts.

Is that why you all use full stops far too much, to the point where it's hard to follow what on Earth you are on about? I thought your keyboards were knackered.

Either way, it annoys the crap out of me and I don't bother even trying to read.................. The ........... Pos.......ts.

.......oops.........................................................

-. --- / -.- . -.-- -... --- .- .-. -.. / ..-. .. -. . / ... - --- .--. / -.. --- - ... / .- .-. . / .-. . .--. . - .. - .. --- -. ... / ..-. .-. --- -- / ... .... .- -.- -.-- / .... .- -. -.. ...    :angel:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

-. --- / -.- . -.-- -... --- .- .-. -.. / ..-. .. -. . / ... - --- .--. / -.. --- - ... / .- .-. . / .-. . .--. . - .. - .. --- -. ... / ..-. .-. --- -- / ... .... .- -.- -.-- / .... .- -. -.. ...    :angel:

.. / .... .- ...- . / -... . . -. / --- ..- - / --. . . -.- . -..

I take note and will seriously attempt to not use too many if posting on your threads, I can't promise to not do it here, because I am honest enough to know I will probably continue. I could just start new paragraphs, but they usually infer the start of a new subject.

At school I was taught to use them for a pause for effect, especially if in dialogue, writing short plays etc.... blame my English teacher

https://litreactor.com/discuss/how-do-you-emphasize-a-pause-in-dialogue

• Like 1

.. / .... .- ...- . / -... . . -. / --- ..- - / --. . . -.- . -..

Rats....I SO should have known better....... :jester:

am googling unless Julian or DT beat me to it LOL.

N.B. believe it or not I just removed a bout a dozen .s

EDITED....Cos I thought Another had started the Morse Code.....ooh No, twas Julian....obviously just not a thick enough ear last time I smacked him.....JULIAN!!!!! You swine!!!!

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

I thought on this, and it came to mind...

The ...pause for effect...

are doubled AND troubled when you put in Morse Code LOL.....

Nope I am sorry Jason....I honestly don't mean to be a pain. And Julian being an ex teacher is also clearly infected. Runs as Reqd is a retired architect etc...don't know his exact excuse....his love of literature? 

But....pause. for effect....it does mean you know where the emphasis is.......

​I think the ones at the end, are me pausing long enough to give someone else a chance to speak....LOL.

(Look. Look, far less of them  :angel: ...I do believe she (almost) has it :jester:

PLUS since  a doctor gave me some tablets just before Xmas (very speedy removed them once I got this VERY rare side effect) I have an occasional st tttuter so at times I really speak like this.The effect is slowly disappearing......I'm not sure about the stutter with my typing finger tho :butcher:

• Like 2

gggggrrrrrrrr......

American morse? International morse? Continental morse? or A N other morse?

i can't turn it into proper speech......confused ;p

....and the first one to put up a picture of a red jaguar, or a deceased policeman? may join him... :triniti: ..... :jester:

I thought on this, and it came to mind...

The ...pause for effect...

are doubled AND troubled when you put in Morse Code LOL.....

Nope I am sorry Jason....I honestly don't mean to be a pain. And Julian being an ex teacher is also clearly infected. Runs as Reqd is a retired architect etc...don't know his exact excuse....his love of literature? 

But....pause. for effect....it does mean you know where the emphasis is.......

​I think the ones at the end, are me pausing long enough to give someone else a chance to speak....LOL.

(Look. Look, far less of them  :angel: ...I do believe she (almost) has it :jester:

PLUS since  a doctor gave me some tablets just before Xmas (very speedy removed them once I got this VERY rare side effect) I have an occasional st tttuter so at times I really speak like this.The effect is slowly disappearing......I'm not sure about the stutter with my typing finger tho :butcher:

.-- .... .- - / . -..- -.-. .-.. .- --    :jester:  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

American morse? International morse? Continental morse? or A N other morse?

i can't turn it into proper speech......confused ;p

Mine was normal Morse code, but with "/" separating the words as per Julian.

It simply translated as "I HAVE BEEN OUT GEEKED" - referring to my Davros piece and then the Dalek stuff which is nowhere near as geeky as posting in code!

:jester:

I promise I won't do it any more... unless provoked  :angel:

• Like 1

I take note and will seriously attempt to not use too many if posting on your threads, I can't promise to not do it here, because I am honest enough to know I will probably continue. I could just start new paragraphs, but they usually infer the start of a new subject.

At school I was taught to use them for a pause for effect, especially if in dialogue, writing short plays etc.... blame my English teacher

https://litreactor.com/discuss/how-do-you-emphasize-a-pause-in-dialogue

Honest?

Weve still not got to the bottom of the mystery of people hitting F5 to increase your 'likes'

whats all this morse rubbish :jester:

01011001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01100001 00100000 01101100 01100001 01110101 01100111 01101000 00100000 01100001 01101001 01101110 01110100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101

:P   :help:   :onthequiet:

• Like 1