Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

I seem to have a problem uploading pictures......I'll have a word with a mod.

ok then ill get the connection checked.......then ask a mod whats the deal with my gallery......if there's still connection problems...

You sure, that  no one has nicked that telegraph pole ........again ?......... :O  :no:

• RMweb Gold

we won't be doing warley so hopefully someone else does pictures for there

I don't normally like Warley as it gets a bit full for my liking. But I actually spent an enjoyable five hours there on Saturday and got to snap a few nice bits. I have posted some on a the owners' threads (A Small Yard, Primrose Hill and Grantham). I was going to post some more on my thread, but as you've asked here are a few of my favourites...

Melrose End. This has some fantastic detail, from chatting to one of the operators it's mainly scratch, but the signal box will look familiar to many. Even so, it really looks the part. The wagon loads were simply superb!

post-13426-0-02399400-1416936214.jpg

post-13426-0-47841800-1416936220.jpg

post-13426-0-63826400-1416936227.jpg

The detail work in Raven's Rock was also immaculate. You don't notice much of it as first as it's mainly pretty much drab slate coloured, as it would be in real life. The incline is a working model and all that slate spoil is made from... slate. I dread to think what it weighs though!

post-13426-0-50924200-1416936573.jpg

post-13426-0-19914700-1416936584.jpg

post-13426-0-66309500-1416936593.jpg

post-13426-0-31460500-1416936606.jpg

Chalon sur Saone is an incredible piece of prototype reproduction in N. By some oversight I only took photos of one half of the layout. But here's a few, the second is a photo of the prototype photo and the third is as close as I could lean in to get the same view on the layout. It shows how accurate a reproduction it is!

post-13426-0-07724300-1416937091.jpg

post-13426-0-47328900-1416937096.jpg

post-13426-0-78544700-1416937101.jpg

And finally Little Histon, which I sure many will have seen in the magazines if not live, so only a couple of shots here showing some amazing detail work.

post-13426-0-35837000-1416937297.jpg

post-13426-0-06683200-1416937308.jpg

There were lots more that I got some shots of, but these were some of the best (I'm commenting here on the quality of my photos, not of the layouts!) In short though, a feast for the eyes, and it didn't even seem to be too much of a scrum.

If your comment wasn't asking for the photos here Jaz, then let me know and I'll move them to my thread, which was my original intention!

Kind regards, Neil

• Like 7

Excellent pictures

every time i go to my gallery my account freezes

going to chat to a mod

.......................................................................                ..............................................................       ...............................................................             :triniti:

right so i bitch to a mod........then redo things i have already done in the last few days. Turning machine on and off, turning off other apps, signing on and off..........

this time i did all a once, signed off here, closed everything, shut down, chose to not have the machine turn stuff back on when i switched back on,......

i had struggled to get 5 pictures up over 2 days......got others before switching everything off......crossed fingers......let see if this helps........

stupid imac not old, no graphics or ram shortages, our internet connection is sound.......so hopefully a glitch......

right so i bitch to a mod........then redo things i have already done in the last few days. Turning machine on and off, turning off other apps, signing on and off..........

this time i did all a once, signed off here, closed everything, shut down, chose to not have the machine turn stuff back on when i switched back on,......

i had struggled to get 5 pictures up over 2 days......got others before switching everything off......crossed fingers......let see if this helps........

stupid imac not old, no graphics or ram shortages, our internet connection is sound.......so hopefully a glitch......

not_a_glitch____by_cookie_lovey-d6axr4g.

Hmm................Still got the "Glitches", then ?           :drag: 

• Like 1

ok seem to have sorted the issue......Wood you believe it?

Ten Commandenets sell these wagon loads already coloured in a pale colour

med_gallery_17883_3149_417436.jpgrmweb3584detailing

an iffy close up of detail on the item

med_gallery_17883_3149_580584.jpg3586

and some colron dye added straight on

med_gallery_17883_3149_65243.jpg3587

it is opaque and benefits from a few layers, especially in the crevices for darker colour helping to give the impression of shadows

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 4

another iffy close up

med_gallery_17883_3149_296233.jpg3588

I have added a small amount of green and some black weather for shadows, it is discernible to the naked eye.....not certain if you can see it in the pictures

for the ends, i colour in the crevices, and along the side you can see the original single painted colour, and a single pale layer for the ends of the logs

med_gallery_17883_3149_490587.jpg3589

faded but u see it defines the texturing quite nicely

the one on the left almost complete the one on the right as it was bought

med_gallery_17883_3149_622598.jpg3590

and building the colour

med_gallery_17883_3149_91768.jpg3591

a couple of layers in place

• Like 3

Are you sure   am still getting this.......... :drag:

not_a_glitch____by_cookie_lovey-d6axr4g.

Dt thank you for your help, made me think it thru, i had done several things, but not all at the same time, so i switched the whole lot off, no quick shut down no quick turn back on. 

And I made a mistake I'm on a Mac Book Pro, so many apple products....mistakenly said the wrong one...oops. I probably due so much on this machine it had a minor tantrum.......

I don't normally like Warley as it gets a bit full for my liking. But I actually spent an enjoyable five hours there on Saturday and got to snap a few nice bits. I have posted some on a the owners' threads (A Small Yard, Primrose Hill and Grantham). I was going to post some more on my thread, but as you've asked here are a few of my favourites...

Melrose End. This has some fantastic detail, from chatting to one of the operators it's mainly scratch, but the signal box will look familiar to many. Even so, it really looks the part. The wagon loads were simply superb!

attachicon.gifIMG_3391.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3392.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3395.JPG

The detail work in Raven's Rock was also immaculate. You don't notice much of it as first as it's mainly pretty much drab slate coloured, as it would be in real life. The incline is a working model and all that slate spoil is made from... slate. I dread to think what it weighs though!

attachicon.gifIMG_3413.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3416.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3417.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3419.JPG

Chalon sur Saone is an incredible piece of prototype reproduction in N. By some oversight I only took photos of one half of the layout. But here's a few, the second is a photo of the prototype photo and the third is as close as I could lean in to get the same view on the layout. It shows how accurate a reproduction it is!

attachicon.gifIMG_3435.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3437.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3438.JPG

And finally Little Histon, which I sure many will have seen in the magazines if not live, so only a couple of shots here showing some amazing detail work.

attachicon.gifIMG_3401.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_3402.JPG

There were lots more that I got some shots of, but these were some of the best (I'm commenting here on the quality of my photos, not of the layouts!) In short though, a feast for the eyes, and it didn't even seem to be too much of a scrum.

If your comment wasn't asking for the photos here Jaz, then let me know and I'll move them to my thread, which was my original intention!

Kind regards, Neil

Pls feel free to leave those ones up here on this thread. But I would also ADD them on your own. Nice pictures by the way.

Sorry for the delay in answering even posting was causing me issues, as i was concentrating on uploading my pictures.

Dt thank you for your help, made me think it thru, i had done several things, but not all at the same time, so i switched the whole lot off, no quick shut down no quick turn back on. 

And I made a mistake I'm on a Mac Book Pro, so many apple products....mistakenly said the wrong one...oops. I probably due so much on this machine it had a minor tantrum.......

.........................................................................                 ...........................................                        ............................         .................    ?

:jester:  :jester: 

• RMweb Gold

Pls feel free to leave those ones up here on this thread. But I would also ADD them on your own. Nice pictures by the way.

Thanks Jaz. I've started to add them to my DE thread as well, with a bit more explanation of what I've picked up from each of the layouts... or what I'd like to pick up anyway!

I'm guessing from all those wagon load pictures (should that be "loads of loads"?) that your picture posting problem is well and truly gone. Which is good to see as your step by step shots of such things as those loads are always very informative.

attachicon.gifIMG_3391.JPG

Wouldn't it be great if you could make the narrow boats drift along the canal above the town?

I have seen moving canal boats, a stretch of canal between two tunnels (much like the railway below it) 

magnets on a belt between two pulleys, magnet on front of canal boat which had a pipe cleaner recessed slightly into the bottom of the boat so it glides smoothly along the varnished water. 

• Like 3

Wouldn't it be great if you could make the narrow boats drift along the canal above the town?

I have seen moving canal boats, a stretch of canal between two tunnels (much like the railway below it) 

magnets on a belt between two pulleys, magnet on front of canal boat which had a pipe cleaner recessed slightly into the bottom of the boat so it glides smoothly along the varnished water.

It was also done on 'Model Town' (think that was the title) - recently repeated on 'Discovery Shed' ? - they used the Faller Road System and put the canal boat onto one of the car chassis (they also described how they altered the gearing).
  • Like 1