Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

First there were a couple of Trebles wanting to dance  ...    she was slightly shorter than he   .......

[Due to the application of a very strong pair of wire cutters!!]

They approached each other   .......................   Ooooohh  Errr  Mrs  ............   :O   ..............    and pressed their flattened front shanks together   .......     Oooohhh - look away dear!  .....

15897147791_ed16227618_c.jpg

Treble closing in by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

It didn't take long for the inevitable " Plunging together into something warm and soft    ...............     :O  :O

15279501343_3dae2f8330_c.jpg

Treble Duet by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

and those long lasting consequences of being just too familiar   .........    

they were stuck with each other, like it or not    ........     one might be forgiven [probably not around here!]  ...  for saying they were well and truly hooked on each other   ......    :jester:

15711833890_e1ec65b1cf_c.jpg

Treble Married by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

PS - Clumsy Club members will now understand why I have still got my shoes on  ....   these little blighters may only be 5mm long ..  but discovering the "ones that got away!"   ........       :O  :O  :O

ok I like it......and i need  HOW, how much is the postage ;p

i'll see if we have a fish chop near by......mmmmm chips.........

On a slightly more serious note  ........

That is definitely ingenious. Pity I can't think of anywhere that I could use one

Duncan and Al  ......   the Double Treble wouldn't go far amiss for the deck of a fishing boat [the 6xsingles have shanks too thick] .....    there are many such examples around the coast   .......

Duncan and Al  ......   the Double Treble wouldn't go far amiss for the deck of a fishing boat [the 6xsingles have shanks too thick] .....    there are many such examples around the coast   .......

I suppose I could use them as a train load of ships anchors

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Great!

Working at 4mm scale, I only need to extend the layout... umm... (plus 5... times 5280... divide by 4... carry the 1... ) about 4 miles west, to get a fishing boat on it... :jester: :jester:

• Like 1

Great!

Working at 4mm scale, I only need to extend the layout... umm... (plus 5... times 5280... divide by 4... carry the 1... ) about 4 miles west, to get a fishing boat on it... :jester: :jester:

I'll see your 4 miles and raise to 14 :jester:  :jester:

Lads! lads. where has your imagination gone?  Surely - in the tried and tested manner of OO Modellers - all you need is a Boat Repair Yard next to the station   ...........    :sungum:  :sungum:

I'll see your 4 miles and raise to 14 :jester:  :jester:

.............    and a convenient gateway to a Shunt  ....    one suitable Well Wagon   ........................   or    ................  anticipating all the work required to achieve that     ..........    simply one of Oxford's finest HC WILSON 8 axle Artic Trailers with  the matching 4 axle Tractor Unit, a small set of chocks [you know you want to use some of those coffee stirrers too ...   :angel:  ]  complete with small fishing vessel - Oh, go on then a Big fishing vessel - on the chocks

...............   :angel:   How simple can that be chaps     :devil:  ...........

• Like 1

Lads! lads. where has your imagination gone?  Surely - in the tried and tested manner of OO Modellers - all you need is a Boat Repair Yard next to the station   ...........    :sungum:  :sungum:

.............    and a convenient gateway to a Shunt  ....    one suitable Well Wagon   ........................   or    ................  anticipating all the work required to achieve that     ..........    simply one of Oxford's finest HC WILSON 8 axle Artic Trailers with  the matching 4 axle Tractor Unit, a small set of chocks [you know you want to use some of those coffee stirrers too ...   :angel:  ]  complete with small fishing vessel - Oh, go on then a Big fishing vessel - on the chocks

...............   :angel:   How simple can that be chaps     :devil:  ...........

Before anyone else says it, I think that might be a little bit too new for the 1940's

Aaah yes Duncan, of course - my apologies  ...........   my suggestions would indeed evoke a personage whose vision of the future is as revered as Dr Who is now     .........      :O

Before anyone else says it, I think that might be a little bit too new for the 1940's

..................    one might have to rely upon such crude ideas as the Snot Bogie Wagon  .....    understandably a trifle more tricky  .......    

• Like 1

Aaah yes Duncan, of course - my apologies  ...........   my suggestions would indeed evoke a personage whose vision of the future is as revered as Dr Who is now     .........      :O

..................    one might have to rely upon such crude ideas as the Snot Bogie Wagon  .....    understandably a trifle more tricky  .......    

However, you have given me something else to research for something a bit different. The list keeps growing (but it'll be worth it in the end)

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

lol i won't be lighting them......

BUT.....the copper will be cut above the bugle bead, then the water effect stuff put on the tip. The colour will then show thru a wary effect....hopefully making it look like a flame...I might paint the copper yellow / orange before adding the water effect stuff first, or add orange first then, then some water, then some transparent war. I need to run with the idea, when i get a chance.

Hi Jaz.

You may be able to make them look lit if you put LEDs out of sight in the ceiling to light up the room but shining directly onto the chandelier to make it sparkle.

But...

Maybe you (or AV contributors) can help....

Any suggestions on how to make convincing "scarlet ribbons for her hair"?  Big bow, long tails (say 1mm wide or less :O  ).

If you have any solutions you can post on Camel Quay if you prefer.

My favourite song when I was a wee lass with hair so fine and shiny that ribbons would simply fall out!  :spruceup:

[Edit: My heart is aching cos I need to make quite a few and not much in the way of ideas yet.  Feels like the stores are closed and shuttered here too!}

Hope you don't mind me asking.

Thanks

Polly

Edited by southern42

You might look for some Christmas coloured ribbons  ......    not the whole width, of course, but some of it comes with parallel rather than woven threads.  It can be separated and pulled into very thin strips.  I confess it is a long tine since I looked to see any of this type of ribbon, but a visit / phone call to a proper dressmakes of Craft shop might give some idea of what is currently available.

I just had a thought whilst typing and had a look to see if I had any remaining  .....   

15726742419_746c0e607a_c.jpg
Golden ribbon for her hair by JulianR 2013, on Flickr

I only have the 3 colours left and no Red, but I'm pretty sure it would still be available, but feel free to PM me if you can't find any.  I pulled the end of the Gold one so you can see how it strips parallel along it

Regards 

Julian

Hi Jaz.

You may be able to make them look lit if you put LEDs out of sight in the ceiling to light up the room but shining directly onto the chandelier to make it sparkle.

But...

Maybe you (or AV contributors) can help....

Any suggestions on how to make convincing "scarlet ribbons for her hair"?  Big bow, long tails (say 1mm wide or less :O  ).

If you have any solutions you can post on Camel Quay if you prefer.

My favourite song when I was a wee lass with hair so fine and shiny that ribbons would simply fall out!  :spruceup:

[Edit: My heart is aching cos I need to make quite a few and not much in the way of ideas yet.  Feels like the stores are closed and shuttered here too!}

Hope you don't mind me asking.

Thanks

Polly

• Like 4

You might look for some Christmas coloured ribbons  ......    not the whole width, of course, but some of it comes with parallel rather than woven threads.  It can be separated and pulled into very thin strips.  I confess it is a long tine since I looked to see any of this type of ribbon, but a visit / phone call to a proper dressmakes of Craft shop might give some idea of what is currently available.

I just had a thought whilst typing and had a look to see if I had any remaining  .....   

I only have the 3 colours left and no Red, but I'm pretty sure it would still be available, but feel free to PM me if you can't find any.  I pulled the end of the Gold one so you can see how it strips parallel along it

Regards 

Julian

Ah, I see, ..........you have made out my monthly cheque(s), along with the other threads you post on........

• RMweb Premium

Regards 

Julian

Thanks Julian.

That looks as though it might just do the trick.

Isn't that the stuff which, when you tie a knot in it, never comes undone again?

I shall look out for some.

Regards

Polly

It's pretty good at staying fixed.  I am sure some comes soaked in adhesive and a drop of water will fix it.  I was never convinced about how reliable that might be and normally dabbed a drop of Super-glue on the knot.

Let me know if you can't find any.

Thanks Julian.

That looks as though it might just do the trick.

Isn't that the stuff which, when you tie a knot in it, never comes undone again?

I shall look out for some.

Regards

Polly

• RMweb Gold

Polly,

Could you just not cut a strip of plain paper, either with scissors or a scalpel, and paint it scarlet.  Cut two three strips, one longer than the second, and the third half the size of the second.

Line up the two longer ones at a slight angle, meeting at the top where the longer one sticks out a bit.  Put the shorter one across the other two and fold over the longer bit to form the body of the bow.  With a dob of your favourite glue stick it all together and trim if necessary.

• RMweb Premium

Polly,

Could you just not cut a strip of plain paper, either with scissors or a scalpel, and paint it scarlet.  Cut two three strips, one longer than the second, and the third half the size of the second.

Line up the two longer ones at a slight angle, meeting at the top where the longer one sticks out a bit.  Put the shorter one across the other two and fold over the longer bit to form the body of the bow.  With a dob of your favourite glue stick it all together and trim if necessary.

I've been playing around with pretty thin strips of paper - remember they are to go on 1:76 scale heads - and gave up, thinking this isn't just fiddly, it'll take ages.

Then I caught sight of some artificial fir tree leaves attached to stems and had a brainwave!

Cut the strips at one end of a piece of paper and leave the strips attached and glue together before removing from the main sheet (like phone numbers on the bottom of an advertisement).  I'll give your idea a go and report back on Camel Quay.

Thanks your help.

Polly

• Like 3

C H R I S T M A S       C H A L L E N G E 

Sorry I have not been on, I have had what the doctor today said is a migraine, but it hit me for 6, and my head is still sore. The doctor advised curtail my computer usage until it is gone. I have had it several days, and it finally appears to be clearing, but my eyesight went very dodgy. so reading writing or modelling was not good- I broke TWO items I tried to have a go at, luckily I think they are fixable. so am not busting anything else until my eye hand brain co ordination is better.

............But I am still on for the Xmas challenge.

A 1:72 / 1:76 / !:84/ 00 H0 O gauge or any other gauge all good for modelling a theme connected with Xmas.

Trees, Xmas lights on houses, snow scenes, Xmas skits ref TV programs etc etc. Brownie points for scratch building, initiative, electric, figure work. Figures skating, sking, snowball fighting, anything however tenuous.....or tongue in cheek allowed.

I plan to show mine Xmas day and Boxing day. 

Even the serious modeller can attack this........Xmas presents at the station. Father Christmas on the roof. A lit Xmas tree, a Snow scene, It can be small and funny, and even not the correct gauge for your layout........i.e. check out Credfer's penguin............cheating is allowed the idea must be your work....the work not so much.......get the kids the wife involved   :sungum: . Ingenuity, originality and downright funny all perfectly acceptable........ooooooooh yesssssss. 

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

C H R I S T M A S       C H A L L E N G E 

Sorry I have not been on, I have had what the doctor today said is a migraine, but it hit me for 6, and my head is still sore. The doctor advised curtail my computer usage until it is gone. I have had it several days, and it finally appears to be clearing, but my eyesight went very dodgy. so reading writing or modelling was not good- I broke TWO items I tried to have a go at, luckily I think they are fixable. so am not busting anything else until my eye hand brain co ordination is better.

............But I am still on for the Xmas challenge.

A 1:72 / 1:76 / !:84/ 00 H0 O gauge or any other gauge all good for modelling a theme connected with Xmas.

Trees, Xmas lights on houses, snow scenes, Xmas skits ref TV programs etc etc. Brownie points for scratch building, initiative, electric, figure work. Figures skating, sking, snowball fighting, anything however tenuous.....or tongue in cheek allowed.

I plan to show mine Xmas day and Boxing day. 

Even the serious modeller can attack this........Xmas presents at the station. Father Christmas on the roof. A lit Xmas tree, a Snow scene, It can be small and funny, and even not the correct gauge for your layout........i.e. check out Credfer's penguin............cheating is allowed the idea must be your work....the work not so much.......get the kids the wife involved   :sungum: . Ingenuity, originality and downright funny all perfectly acceptable........ooooooooh yesssssss. 

I'm up for this one as long as I can fit it in with my work schedule. Now have to think of something a bit different and suitable

You will have to go to back posts to find it    .......

and even not the correct gauge for your layout........i.e. check out jcredfer's penguin......

.......................................      I got peckish at around 11.00 this morning   ........     :sungum: