Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

a view with the courtyard in the distance

med_gallery_17883_3493_60025.jpg3683

and along the main high street type road showing the market place in the distance

med_gallery_17883_3493_182420.jpg3684

an overview of the area i have coloured so far

med_gallery_17883_3493_499241.jpg3645

the pavements were just too pale

so i have darkened them.....i might do more....but first i want to see how this colours works first

med_gallery_17883_3493_203005.jpg3686

• Like 8

photographed from HERE the white wine bar has a definite floaty effect

it is really important to look at what you are photographing....or touch it up if you want a better look

med_gallery_17883_3493_497722.jpg3687

the pavements also need sorting

here its part done part to go

med_gallery_17883_3493_448806.jpg3688

and again from the left end

the point you photograph has a lot of impact on how it is perceived

• Like 6

When you've finished the town area be sure to keep an eye open for possessed soft toys... (c3 mins in)

Muse - Uprising:

LOL funny you should say that, both the couples in that area have a girl holding a teddy bear....their winnings from their recent trip to the fun fair......s p o o k y......

med_gallery_17883_3149_137618.jpg3363reapaint/detailing

• Like 3

more shots...with the overhead fluorescent off, and the velux window blind opened for natural light

med_gallery_17883_3493_351130.jpg3691

the room was actually really dark, but the camera adjusted and you now have more  realistic shadows

the natural light now bleeds in from above and behind...a big difference in comparison to 3687

med_gallery_17883_3493_470330.jpg3692

and adding some additional scenic detail

med_gallery_17883_3493_253907.jpg3693

• Like 8

photographed from HERE the white wine bar has a definite floaty effect

med_gallery_17883_3493_497722.jpg3687

A Waite Waine Bar???  Back in the days of Minis and Dièsse Citroens!!

By heck lass .... you must have been real Movers and Shakers doon there in Spudlinc  Spalding - way ahead of the game.

:tomato:

Up here in Blaydon we're still awaiting our first immigrants / UKIP politicos waving pint glasses at us.

dhig

continuing...

meantime back to the cobbles

first off get a flat screw driver and tart to make the cobbles lean, more often than not when you look at old real ones the cobbles are no longer flat

I was looking closely at every photograph for that tart... The area is looking fantastic, love the views between the buildings.

A rather futile occupation, i fear  .....................

I was looking closely at every photograph for that tart... The area is looking fantastic, love the views between the buildings.

...........    given the occupation   ............   what would you do if you saw a person 76 times your size approaching   ..........   with an equally large screwdirver   ..............   :jester:   ...     :stinker:

A Waite Waine Bar???  Back in the days of Minis and Dièsse Citroens!!

By heck lass .... you must have been real Movers and Shakers doon there in Spudlinc  Spalding - way ahead of the game.

:tomato:

Up here in Blaydon we're still awaiting our first immigrants / UKIP politicos waving pint glasses at us.

dhig

well being originally a southern softie.....i used to frequent the odd wine bar in Windsor and in town (London). Although my favourite was a decent Singapore Sling made by a bartender taking his exams.....then he went on to work at the Ritz......which was a shame because many bars moan about the 1/12th gill even if you offer to buy 2.

one sixth gin

one sixth cherry brandy

one 12th (you had to buy two drinks at a time) cointrau

one 12th benedictine

orange bitters (angastura at a push)

pineapple juice

and  nice wedge of lime.....

cucumber optional......

had a wimsical nick name apparently in the business......probably best not said on here LOL.......

some tart once put a celery stick in......must have been blotto on bloody marys!!!!

• Like 1

maybe your thinking of this lady......the lamppost is not in the picture.... :angel:

med_gallery_17883_2804_175003.jpgrmweb174hooker1 

late of Kalboro Union Station.

I think she is on holiday at the moment...(in a drying out tank sort of way)...but there is going to be a dark alley.....so I suspect you'll see her grab that spot in due time.......

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

maybe your thinking of this lady......the lamppost is not in the picture.... :angel:

med_gallery_17883_2804_175003.jpgrmweb174hooker1 

late of Kalboro Union Station.

I think she is on holiday at the moment...(in a drying out tank sort of way)...but there is going to be a dark alley.....so I suspect you'll see her grab that spot in due time.......

She probably didn't get much passing trade in that spot, what with the Police car behind her...

Weeeellll   .................  maybe she is with  ..............     

She probably didn't get much passing trade in that spot, what with the Police car behind her...

............................   it isn't exactly unknown for  ..  eerrr  .....   just so long as she remains completely discrete  ...   :O  :O    .......................

after all, they are both on a Layout  .......    :jester:

• RMweb Gold

So, what you're saying is, it's not real?

Well, that's not good enough, I'm sorry, but I expect a certain level of veracity in Jaz's modelling... If she's going to start making stuff up then... Well!

:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

Morning Jaz,

I can sympathise with the pain issue as I had my right arm and shoulder suffer the effects of RSI caused by simply spending too long on the computer at work - almost every element of the motor trade now requires computer usage! I am right handed so, on my doctor's advice I switched to my left and practised using the mouse with that (Microsoft give you those free games to practice 'mouse control' with, such as Solitaire!). It was surprising how quickly I managed to switch, but of course it brasses off any family or workmates who were accustomed to having the mouse on the right! I can still switch from one to the other so if I can do it at my age...............

I really hope that you feel better soon - try not to do too much until you feel up to it. I read somewhere about replacing the mouse with a pad similar to that which you get on a lap top but I don't know how far it got - probably worth researching?

Kind regards to you and Kal,

Jock.

• Like 1

maybe your thinking of this lady......

Wifey has never forgiven me for getting compromised (just like that) while waiting for me to turn up for the pickkies on a Friday night at the bottom end of London Road in L'pool - just up round the corner from the former Lime Street station hotel....... :triniti:

......and what is more.......

it could well have been for "The 39 Steps"

BUT which version?

probably (in terms of the era) it would have been the technicolour one with Kenneth More. I preferred an earlier b+w one where Hannay jumps out on a bridge over a river. You could really imagine this was on the 'Port road' somewhere in Galloway

:) .

• Like 2

Hi Jaz

Great progress and some funny talks going on along with the photos...

Hope you are both keeping ok and ready for xmas haha or have you bought it already and had it running round the track Doh.... lol

Jamie

• Like 2

more detailing, barrels for the pub

med_gallery_17883_3493_404268.jpg3700

upgrading the figures, adding a lot of smoky transparent shadows

med_gallery_17883_3493_82825.jpg3701

despite adding more colour the pavement is still rather pale

med_gallery_17883_3493_478951.jpg3702

a bus stop and lining up the last of the buildings

med_gallery_17883_3493_121720.jpg3703

its baby steps, but attacking individual bits slowly pay off

• Like 3

Some of your pictures,make you feel like your realy standing there in the village :sungum: :locomotive:

hopefully one i get enough elements in place, and some decent lighting i will get some really nice pictures.....fingers crossed......

it looks better in real life......

looking at real street the post box and telephone are a bit bright, so i decided I needed to use the Citadel nun oil....

in the meantime I had go at more pavement

med_gallery_17883_3493_193912.jpg3704

add both side...so more pavement and colouring it 

med_gallery_17883_3493_318752.jpg3705

add decided i need to shade the pavement, so i got out the water and a big brush and the black and a small brush, watershed then ran the water along the lines, any excess was brushed away

med_gallery_17883_3493_460231.jpg3706