Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

ok....the Polar Bears....you know there are not going to find good food in those bins...... :nono:

so we need to rustle them up some dinner.......now this is NOT going to be pretty...... :butcher:

med_gallery_17883_3112_126921.jpgrmweb3999xmaspenguin

there are loads of penguins....but this is the poor thing....

med_gallery_17883_3112_189807.jpgrmweb4000xmaspenguin

that is going to get chomped.....

poor little thing.....only just managed to get into existence......

med_gallery_17883_3112_332710.jpgrmweb4001xmaspenguin

and it's gonna end up in some sick picture as polar bear food..... :butcher: ................ :jester:

........watch this spot......expect gore.........perhaps roadkill.........

what's black and white.....and read red all over.............ooooh no NOT the Sunday Newspaper..........not on THIS thread...... :triniti:

Polar bears..... London Zoo

Penguins....... London Zoo

:butcher:

well I have yet to build a water feature at the Safari Park.......

and it is going to be pretty crowded.....what with 

Hippos.....crocodiles / alligators (which is which? is it salt water that makes the differences???) Elephants (come on you gotta have elephants!!) , Polar Bears, Seals, Penguins......etc etc.....

I think we will need to invest in a time share!!!!!!!!!!!

......and a train going past......this is a railway forum after all.... :angel:

...........oh er.......and really BIG fences..........

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

....talking of Safaris.......I wonder if anyone has done a bus with the black and white zebra stripes that you sometimes see at those places....

http://www.ukwildlifeparks.co.uk/wildlifephotos/gallery/England_Wildlife_Parks/South_West_England/Longleat/longleat-tour-bus.JPG

These are I believe all at Longleat......they do Landcover AND Ford Transit Vans!!!!!!!

http://longleat zoo zebra striped landrover

Edited by Jaz

got so excited  about the the Safari vehicles cars,buses, and even trains........back....to the seal.......

https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=types+of+seals+and+sea+lions+scotland&oq=types+of+seals+and+sea+lions+scotland&gs_l=img.3...548239.550284.0.550858.9.9.0.0.0.0.173.1301.0j9.9.0.msedr...0...1c.1.61.img..9.0.0.Ry3CVYKW8XE#imgdii=_&imgrc=nMtSzK2qvr3cEM%253A%3Bg0rOObkO3WMoHM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fpetslady.com%252Ffiles%252Fblog1%252Fsea_lion_1x.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fpetslady.com%252Fcontent%252Fhistory%3B639%3B537

There are loads of types of seals, many look grey being wet, some are grey, many are actually brown and light brown with blackish flippers, but some are spotted, some have rings, choices choice........ I went for a Scottish seal.....however the neck on this seal is pretty long.......it reminds me more of a baby Lock Ness monster!!!!!!!!

• RMweb Gold

And the carcass of polar bears... being picked clean by an Albatross in the Arctic while a dead albatross in the Antarctic seas gets eaten by fish, which in turn get eaten by Penguins.

The circle of life  :jester:

Only somewhat contrived

• Like 1

Question.....particularly to any train drivers....can anyone specifically state a place where a public train goes past a Safari . Animal reserve.....or better still between two parts of the same......preferably in the U.K.

• RMweb Gold

Question.....particularly to any train drivers....can anyone specifically state a place where a public train goes past a Safari . Animal reserve.....or better still between two parts of the same......preferably in the U.K.

If you mean by public train a network rail train then this won't help. But if you mean a train that the public can travel on... The Severn Valley Railway runs along the southern edge of the West Midlands Safari Park. So you can do steam trains and elephants at the same time. https://wmsp.co.uk/home-news.php?article_id=32

Kind regards, Neil

And Sharks  ........   quite a lot of penguins go that way  .....  

and for the record.......guess who does eat penguins...........yep you guessed it  seals. :O  :O .......

.....   and Orcas  .......  they rush in up the beach on a wave and retire, with the catch, when it recedes  ...    they also make a wave as an in-line pack, to knock them off Ice Floes   .......   

The double Decker at Longlet needs some care  .......................   not to chose a bus with a "walk-on" rear deck [like the Knight Bus]   ....................

It is also pretty ancient and decrepit  ...................    

....talking of Safaris.......I wonder if anyone has done a bus with the black and white zebra stripes that you sometimes see at those places....

http://www.ukwildlifeparks.co.uk/wildlifephotos/gallery/England_Wildlife_Parks/South_West_England/Longleat/longleat-tour-bus.JPG

These are I believe all at Longleat......they do Landcover AND Ford Transit Vans!!!!!!!

http://longleat zoo zebra striped landrover

You should be Ok with the train though    ......   as it wouldn't have to run    ............   they keep driving it off the tracks  .......................................    with visitors on board   ..................    :O  :O

They haven't killed anyone yet, but a few, not nice, injuries 'though   .......

Ok, it looks like a small industrial engine and the coaches are fairly open sided and could be made up from N Gauge Bogie Well Wagons and plasticard  ....   :senile:

A driver needs to sit on the loco, and they are quite styalised, the little open carriages clearly don't go into of the more dangerous areas, probably more for. Getting you from one area to another, they also have a little turntable and several locomotives and a mini engine shed.......it would certainly be unusual, and as we all know I like the unusual.........perhaps some wagons could be jury rigged.....the bogies at least.....

I will probably need to check out JCLs thread and see how that might be a way to solve the problem.......I wonder who I could con to do the dirty work......LOL.....

I can do do the drawings, just not had any experience on a computer...Kal has certainly tried to get me interested in the idea of either a 3d printer or a computerised cutter.........it would certainly be interesting.......

Anyway I have to go get a flat tyre sorted.....catch you all later

• Like 1

I like the idea of people in cages behind bars (for personal safety) so the animals can enjoy a good laugh at all the stupidos riding past them gawping.

:help:

dh

I bet IF you could get a referendum .....where animals were actually able to vote.....THEY would agree with that policy hands down...... :angel:

The Airfix models gave me were not just restricted to Zoo animals, ooooh no........How I might get some of them into the thread ....however.....tenously......oh no an idea occurred....the Safari Park idea could be themed.....oh dear........this thread is going to get VERY surreal.....but that's for later......... :senile:

For now I have tenuously got some of the NYMR people doing one of their events, very popular those events.....and one which he have previously discussed and on which Zollywood Airbase holds any credence is....WWII re-enactment.

First part of this involves painting the models....

The plastic model was dull green, and you'd think dull green was a good choice, BUT I did some research on WWII colour photos, and although the Germans seemed to have dark grey dinghies, the allies US and UK appear to have favoured yellow. Yellow probably being that if you were a pilot out at see and the plane failed and you were adrift in a dinghy you might hope that someone might be out looking for you...or at least see you.....better picked up by the opposition and put in a detention camp than be SO camouflaged out as sea that no one sees you!!!!! Yep yellow would by my choice, and I can fully understand why dayglo orange has become SO popular.

med_gallery_17883_3112_191441.jpgrmweb4002WW2dinghy

no official these two models are NOT wearing life jackets, BUT I decided to paint them on, there appears to have been several models available and hopefully these painted ones pass muster.......

med_gallery_17883_3112_76224.jpgrmweb4003WW2dinghy

• Like 3